[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
stuffwehate

Return ] Entire Thread ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 14069)
Message
File  []
close
omg.png
140691406914069
>> No. 14069 Anonymous
18th April 2014
Friday 7:10 pm
14069 I'm a little lost for words
Does anyone know of any Satanists or the like with good rhetoric in or around London who'd like to have a chat with this guy?
Expand all images.
>> No. 14070 Anonymous
18th April 2014
Friday 7:14 pm
14070 spacer

omfg.png
140701407014070
Or even just someone logical with a really slow temper.
>> No. 14071 Anonymous
18th April 2014
Friday 7:28 pm
14071 spacer
He seems like one of those people who'll act like there's a fundamentally insurmountable difference in ye and he's philosophical outlooks (or in this case how shapes work) when in fact you're both agreeing on 99% of the issue.

I have a friend like this but he's genuinely intelligent and not as spooky skellingtons as your m80.
>> No. 14074 Anonymous
18th April 2014
Friday 8:13 pm
14074 spacer
>>14069
You are both cunts. Pedantic cunts.
>> No. 14075 Anonymous
18th April 2014
Friday 8:18 pm
14075 spacer
>>14071
There are a lot of people like that who seem to argue for the sheer sake of arguing, and I wonder how they've all gotten this far in life without their heads exploding.
>> No. 14076 Anonymous
18th April 2014
Friday 8:23 pm
14076 spacer
This board has a really small userbase doesn't it.
>> No. 14077 Anonymous
18th April 2014
Friday 8:25 pm
14077 spacer
>>14075

I've found saying "shit like this is why no-one wants to spend anytime with you, anon" usually ends the conversation pretty sharpish.
>> No. 14078 Anonymous
18th April 2014
Friday 8:26 pm
14078 spacer
>>14076

That sentence doesn't make sense without a question mark at the end?

You get my point...
>> No. 14087 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 12:12 pm
14087 spacer
I'm not a Satanist by any means, but I was under the impression that an upside down pentagram is the sigil of Baphomet? So as far as I'm aware, it makes more sense to have an upside down pentagram than an upright one.
>> No. 14088 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 12:51 pm
14088 spacer
You all seem to understand what's going on in that conversation a bit more than I do, but it appears as though one bloke is questioning the other about their beliefs because they can't quite fit them into their little boxes of organised religion. Would that be correct?
>> No. 14090 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 1:01 pm
14090 spacer
>>14074
>You are both cunts. Pedantic cunts.
Going to have to agree with this.
>> No. 14109 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 4:08 pm
14109 spacer
>>14088
One person is saying that it doesn't make sense to say a flat shape is upside down, the other is saying that if his own unique brand of Mystical-Judaism says one way is upside down then it's objectively the case.
Which means that it can be completely inverted by rotating it 72 degrees.
>> No. 14111 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 4:09 pm
14111 spacer
>>14109
36 degrees, surely?
>> No. 14114 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 4:19 pm
14114 spacer
>>14111
Good catch.
>> No. 14127 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 6:35 pm
14127 spacer
>>14109 yeah, sure, but basically >>14090.
>> No. 14136 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 9:30 pm
14136 spacer
>>14109
I can see that. I'm confused who out of the posters is meant to be OP and the guy that needs chatting with. They both seem like sad pedantic cunts to me. But I must say I agree more with the guy who says it is upside-down - it clearly is.
>> No. 14142 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 10:51 pm
14142 spacer
>>14127
I'm at peace with that.

>>14136
Maybe that's why you failed your geometry O-levels.
>> No. 14143 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 11:01 pm
14143 spacer
>>14142
>Shapes don't have proper orientation

They do if they have vector area. Who failed geometry now bitch.
>> No. 14144 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 11:04 pm
14144 spacer
>>14143
It doesn't have a vector area, it's a tattoo of Baphomet on some bird's back.
>> No. 14145 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 11:06 pm
14145 spacer
>>14144
It does if I define a normal vector.

Besides all the pedantry, any cunt can see it's upside down. The fact that it has 5-fold rotational symmetry doesn't change the fact that it isn't symmetric horizontally you dumb cunt.
>> No. 14146 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 11:09 pm
14146 spacer
>>14145
What does horizontal symmetry have to do with proper orientation?
>> No. 14147 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 11:21 pm
14147 spacer
>>14146
Because if you flip it you change the complete meaning of the shape. If it had horizontal symmetry this could not be true but sinde it doesn't this has implications for it's meaning. From wiki:

>A reversed pentagram, with two points projecting upwards, is a symbol of evil and attracts sinister forces because it overturns the proper order of things and demonstrates the triumph of matter over spirit. It is the goat of lust attacking the heavens with its horns, a sign execrated by initiates.
>> No. 14148 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 11:25 pm
14148 spacer
>>14147
>it's meaning
It only has a meaning relative to certain beliefs. The beliefs of the girl with the tattoo differ from yours and the red guy's. They're irrelevant. The shape itself has no proper orientation, gollum. It's a shape. Come back when you can turn a circle upside down.
>> No. 14149 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 11:28 pm
14149 spacer
>>14147
How do you or they know that's "reversed"? For all anyone knows it might actually be the right way up and all this time people have been using it upside down on flags.
>> No. 14150 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 11:40 pm
14150 spacer

ccde.jpg
141501415014150
I'm a ghost now.

Tell that Derek Acorah bloke, where I'm now we all think he's a jizzpipe.
>> No. 14151 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 11:48 pm
14151 spacer
>>14150
Okay but if we want to summon you which way up should the pentagram be?
>> No. 14152 Anonymous
19th April 2014
Saturday 11:55 pm
14152 spacer
>>14148
Ok at least now I know you're trolling, it can be hard to seperate from stupidity sometimes.
>> No. 14153 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 12:00 am
14153 spacer

numgsadz.jpg
141531415314153
>>14151

Liber Isfrael
>> No. 14154 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 12:01 am
14154 spacer
>>14152
No, really. Prove your point. Turn a circle upside down.
>> No. 14155 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 12:45 am
14155 spacer
>>14154
A circle has horizontal symmetry dumbnuts.
>> No. 14157 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 12:56 am
14157 spacer
>>14155

I'd argue my point to make you look stupid but I think you are.
>> No. 14158 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 1:00 am
14158 spacer
>>14157
Wicked rebuttal bruv
>> No. 14161 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 11:38 am
14161 spacer
"Upside down" is a purely relative term that makes sense only within a specific reference frame. Although the "relative to..." may only be implied, something can only ever be upside down relative to its expected orientation.

To give a tangible example, the International Space Station has no floor or ceiling, just walls - the concept of "floor" and "ceiling" is utterly meaningless in microgravity. Newcomers to the ISS take several days to adjust to the idea that there is no "right way up" and that all spatial orientations are equally valid when gravity does not impose a frame of reference.
>> No. 14162 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 1:41 pm
14162 spacer
>>14161
The ISS is in orbital freefall. On Earth we feel gravity and can see the horizon seperating sky and ground. It's fairly obvious why the latter has a colloquially accepted notion of up and down even though the former does not.

Secondly you're talking about a pentagram as if it is just a 2D geometric object when it is in fact a symbol with meaning, specifically who's meaning depends strongly on its orientation. With respect to the standard vertical/horizontal Earth reference frame and the original 'good' and later 'evil' connotations of the pentagram it makes perfect sense to call it upside down or reversed to specify the latter. The rotational symmetry is irrelevant.
>> No. 14163 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 3:33 pm
14163 spacer
>>14162
Yeah except your interpretation of the meaning of the shape is subjective, so utterly irrelevant.
>> No. 14164 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 3:37 pm
14164 spacer
>>14162>>14163

Right, so I'm sure you'll both agree that the statements "From my perspective that shape, known to me as a Pentagram, is upside down. This denotes bad luck in my opinion."

and

"It isn't an upside down pentagram, and I don't consider it unlucky." are both equally valid and a matter of perspective and therefore have nothing to be fucking arguing about.
>> No. 14165 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 3:43 pm
14165 spacer
>>14164
Do you really not understand how "from your perspective" makes it a statement about the shape relative to you and not a statement about the shape itself?
>> No. 14166 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 3:49 pm
14166 spacer
>>14165

If I didn't, I wouldn't have put "from my perspective".

Whether you happen to think it is unlucky, or not, is irrelevant. If you want to get really fucking pedantic You shouldn't be asking "Is that an upside down pentagram?" at all because from your perspective it is whether they say it isn't or not.
>> No. 14167 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 3:52 pm
14167 spacer
>>14166
The pentagram exists regardless of perspective. I'm not asking if it's upside down or not because that is a nonsensical question.
>> No. 14168 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 4:02 pm
14168 spacer
>>14167
>The pentagram exists regardless of perspective

Does something truly exist if it is unobserved? Observation fundamentally changes the state of an object via QM, so even if the answer is 'yes' it doesn't 'exist' in the same sense when unobserved.
>> No. 14169 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 4:09 pm
14169 spacer

TZJOz54.jpg
141691416914169
>>14168
>quantum mechanics therefore magic
>> No. 14170 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 4:12 pm
14170 spacer
>>14168
If a pedant starts an argument on Facebook and doesn't post the screenshots, is he being an annoying cunt at all?
>> No. 14172 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 4:57 pm
14172 spacer
>>14169
>I don't understand wahh
>> No. 14179 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 6:02 pm
14179 spacer
>>14169

Is that the guy (not David Mitchell) who thinks aliens visited earth to help build the pyramids and then fucked off?
>> No. 14182 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 6:10 pm
14182 spacer
>>14179

I think so.

"History" Channel cart him out for their Alien tripe on the regular.

Why do they do it? What do they want? Will we ever know? No-one can say for certain...
>> No. 14187 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 7:50 pm
14187 spacer

pentarchy.png
141871418714187
Lads. It doesn't mean anything either way because Satanism is a load of bollocks.

That said, all you needed to do was mention the Pentarchy and how the upside down thing represents reconciliation between the Christian Church. Alternative religious types tend to know nothing about the Christianity so it should shut him up faster than if you pointed out that the upside down cross actually means something incredibly faithful.

Can we see the video btw?
>> No. 14189 Anonymous
20th April 2014
Sunday 8:03 pm
14189 spacer
>>14187
He's Jewish enough to wear a kippah on a regular basis, with a strong belief in the Illuminati and among other things that homosexuals smell like death.
I can't find it now but it's not terribly interesting, she just falls over.
>> No. 14200 Anonymous
21st April 2014
Monday 12:58 pm
14200 spacer

STFU.png
142001420014200
Guys I think i've solved it
>> No. 14201 Anonymous
21st April 2014
Monday 1:19 pm
14201 spacer
>>14200

From my perspective, it has only rotated 30 or so degrees.
>> No. 14202 Anonymous
21st April 2014
Monday 1:50 pm
14202 spacer
>>14201
36°, if anyone was wondering.
>> No. 14203 Anonymous
21st April 2014
Monday 1:51 pm
14203 spacer
>>14202
Thank you, I had difficulty dividing 360 by 10 in my head.
>> No. 14204 Anonymous
21st April 2014
Monday 2:19 pm
14204 spacer
>>14201
Er no I think you'll find it was 108 degrees.
>> No. 14205 Anonymous
21st April 2014
Monday 2:30 pm
14205 spacer
>>14204

The ride never ends.
>> No. 14253 Anonymous
24th April 2014
Thursday 12:29 am
14253 spacer
>>14189
Six Degrees of separation: It just came up on my news feed that a friend liked the original video.

She has over 1500 followers but apparently lives a normal life. That is some black magic right there.

Return ] Entire Thread ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password