[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
random

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply [Last 50 posts]
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 412653)
Message
File  []
close
heritage-open-days.jpg
412653412653412653
>> No. 412653 Anonymous
8th September 2017
Friday 7:43 pm
412653 spacer
Weekend thread? Weekend thread.

It's Heritage Open weekend, so I'll probably make the most of my nearest National Trust stately home offering free entry.
51 posts omitted. Last 50 posts shown. Expand all images.
>> No. 412712 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 11:30 am
412712 spacer
>>412711

Just realised this is the weekend thread as well.

What a bunch of tedious cobblers.
>> No. 412714 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 12:27 pm
412714 spacer
>>412712
Why do you hate shoes?
>> No. 412715 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 12:45 pm
412715 spacer
>>412714

Coz some of them are brown!!
>> No. 412718 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 1:25 pm
412718 spacer
>>412714

He wanted white ones and they sent him blacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uSGtRoEQYA
>> No. 412722 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 7:56 pm
412722 spacer
>>412710

You're biased by your own culture: other cultures seem bad to you because you're applying the rules of your own culture to them and they're coming up short.

What you're really asking is "is it racist if I think non-Western cultures are inferior because their people don't act like my people?" and the answer is yes.
>> No. 412724 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 8:22 pm
412724 spacer
>>412722
Chinese people thinking we're weird for eating lots of dairy produce is a cultural difference.

Shitting in the street, gang raping kids and slaughtering albinos for body parts is just plain backwards.
>> No. 412725 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 8:27 pm
412725 spacer
Our culture is superior. That's why we have it.
>> No. 412726 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 8:28 pm
412726 spacer
>>412724
Not putting milk in your tea is just downright barbaric.
>> No. 412727 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 8:30 pm
412727 spacer

Charles_James_Napier.png
412727412727412727
>>412722

>You're biased by your own culture: other cultures seem bad to you because you're applying the rules of your own culture to them and they're coming up short.


"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."

Sorry lad not all customs are equally valid.
>> No. 412728 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 9:03 pm
412728 spacer
>>412727
>Sorry lad not all customs are equally valid.

But if he can't show how ridiculously tolerant he is then they won't know how right-on he is.

My homosexual friends are utterly delighted when we import people from cultures where it's the norm to be homophobic. I'll tell them to stop being such big racists and to embrace being on the receiving end of hate crimes.
>> No. 412729 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 9:04 pm
412729 spacer
>>412727
Lads, it's a Tuesday night. Can you not make another shitty repetitive thread in /pol/ for this shite.

Let the weekend thread be free.

You boring cunts.
>> No. 412730 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 9:08 pm
412730 spacer
>>412729

>Lads, it's a Tuesday night.

That's the most stupid argument I've ever heard.
>> No. 412733 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 9:46 pm
412733 spacer
>>412710
>Is it racist if I think British people are superior to Indians

By definition, yes. The fact that you're talking about nebulous concepts like 'Africans' also proves that you don't know what you're talking about even if we pretend culture and ethnicity are inseparable.

I'm not sure quite what caused this outburst but I think it's a big sign you been spending too much time at the other places /pol/ and need to grow up. Do you think a conspiracy exists to show interracial couples on the television?
>> No. 412735 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 10:17 pm
412735 spacer
>>412727

>Sorry lad not all customs are equally valid.

What an utterly meaningless statement.
>> No. 412737 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 10:29 pm
412737 spacer
>>412735

And your post is unconstructive drivel that could mean anything, either make your point properly or don't post at all.
>> No. 412738 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 10:34 pm
412738 spacer
>>412730
It's a weekend thread?

Just bewilders me that people enjoy having these sorts of arguments on here. You can go to literally any other site on the internet and see the same tired shite trotted out infinitely day in day out. You can even go to /pol/ on here and start a thread and have the same boring debate again and again. Just mildly annoying to see it shit up an otherwise innocuous thread.

By all means have at it though, I'm not a mod or anything. I'll just hide the thread and stop whinging.

Ticked.

I'd just much rather hear about some lad going to a national trust stately home and having a nice cream tea or something.
>> No. 412743 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 11:06 pm
412743 spacer
>>412738
You're not wrong; I'd love to ban people for this shit every time it happens, make sure I'm not banning someone for being obviously ironic and so on but checking takes more brain to process and to keep an eye on the whole board and recognise it as it's happening than the more important things in my life.
>> No. 412744 Anonymous
12th September 2017
Tuesday 11:06 pm
412744 spacer
t.wine
>> No. 412745 Anonymous
13th September 2017
Wednesday 12:08 am
412745 spacer
>>412744
They seem quite expensive, for a domain.
>> No. 412749 Anonymous
13th September 2017
Wednesday 6:51 am
412749 spacer
>>412738
>Just bewilders me that people enjoy having these sorts of arguments on here. You can go to literally any other site on the internet and see the same tired shite trotted out infinitely day in day out.

If you look on /*/sfw/ then half of the threads have descended into bickering.

Pointless bickering is hardly a rare phenomenon on this site, unfortunately. People on here really cannot handle it when someone has a different opinion to them.
>> No. 412750 Anonymous
13th September 2017
Wednesday 6:53 am
412750 spacer
>>412749
>People on here really cannot handle it when someone has a different opinion to them.

Actually, further to this, people on here also cannot always handle it when people have the same opinion as them. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen a cunt-off here between two people who are agreeing with each other.
>> No. 412754 Anonymous
13th September 2017
Wednesday 12:07 pm
412754 spacer
>>412749
>People on here really cannot handle it when someone has a different opinion to them.

That's what bigot *actually* means.
>> No. 412756 Anonymous
13th September 2017
Wednesday 12:51 pm
412756 spacer
What the fuck is everyone's problem? Other posters aren't here for your entertainment. If they want to discuss something let them. The only reason they aren't discussing something else in the weekend thread is because your own life is so fucking boring you don't have anything more compelling or interesting to post about. In the fact the only post about something other than this since this tangent started was mine >>412682, so don't bother accusing me of hypocrisy.
>> No. 412757 Anonymous
13th September 2017
Wednesday 7:11 pm
412757 spacer
>>412756
Now the cunt-off's going meta.

Christ.
>> No. 412758 Anonymous
13th September 2017
Wednesday 7:24 pm
412758 spacer
>>412737

My point is that "X custom is valid" doesn't mean anything. What do you mean, "That custom isn't valid?" Valid according to what?
>> No. 412759 Anonymous
13th September 2017
Wednesday 7:41 pm
412759 spacer
So can I put on a silly voice when I sing along to Sean Paul or is that classed as racist these days?
>> No. 412763 Anonymous
13th September 2017
Wednesday 8:13 pm
412763 spacer
>>412758
According to our morals and sensibilities.
>> No. 412764 Anonymous
13th September 2017
Wednesday 8:56 pm
412764 spacer
>>412763

"Our" meaning "Western", right? So what's being said to me is "Not all cultures have the same mores as Western culture does, and that's a bad thing" which is actually exactly what I'm saying - it's racist to denigrate the people of a particular culture because they don't follow the rules of your culture.
>> No. 412766 Anonymous
13th September 2017
Wednesday 10:43 pm
412766 spacer
>>412764
>it's racist to denigrate the people of a particular culture because they don't follow the rules of your culture

Not racistlad but I'm cautious of how far cultural relativism should go and indeed, swinging the other way seems equally racist because it treat different cultures as children without culpability. Certainly I'm not going to judge someone as my inferior because of the culture they come from but I'd have some very harsh words indeed if that meant they wanted to ignore universal human rights -even assuming they are simply the precepts of western humanism.

I know seemingly all cultures have movements arguing their own conception of human rights but there is a minimum standard that we should never shirk from and it annoys me when some butcher on the international scene seeks to use this argument.
>> No. 412767 Anonymous
13th September 2017
Wednesday 11:05 pm
412767 spacer
>>412764

This is terrible trolling.

So Saudi beheadings and Senagalese FGM are off limits as far as slagging off other cultures? I criticise the West plenty too though. And who says where my culture ends and another begins? What if everyone in Lancashire starting driving on the wrong side of the road under the auspice of "cultural differences"? I'm just a humble lad from Cheshire, is it truly my place to question my back to front neighbours to the North?

Yeah, if their terrible idea is killing several dozen road users per day, the Lancashite fucking idiots.
>> No. 412768 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 12:20 am
412768 spacer
>>412764
To be honest lad, my mum is ethnic and I find the culture she was born into a bit fucked up, but I also like parts of it and find parts of our culture fucked up. You can't really say that "we are the best," but we are miles better than the rest of the world.

P.S. I can't be called racist because I'm part ethnic.

P.S.S. A lot of racists use the "culture" nonsense to push for their racist agenda. It is a stone's throw away from "IQ is linked to skin colour," and that is not something I would want to give air to.
>> No. 412769 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 1:12 am
412769 spacer
I dislike other cultures and peoples and would rather we were stuck on our island with no interaction with the rest of the world.
>> No. 412770 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 1:19 am
412770 spacer
>>412769
How else could we ever become great? We need to civilise the world.
>> No. 412771 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 1:57 am
412771 spacer
I did wood turning today with an old boy who goes to my Parents church who wanted to hand his skills down to someone. It was wonderful, I've never done it before, I felt a real sense of accomplishment, I made 2 pens and a key ring and they turned out remarkably well, like you would pay money to buy them in a shop well. Next week I'll make a candle stick and a bowl. After that I'll probably start moving on to cups and rings.

The tragedy of the craft is that it costs so much time and resources that you can never really charge what they are worth. It is not like plastic where things are formed in seconds the material cost can be measured in pennies and wastage can be melted down and reused with wood time and concentration are required and easily 95% of your raw materials can end up as chippings.
>> No. 412772 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 2:00 am
412772 spacer
>>412768
Totally agree with you that "culture" is nonsense. Culture is just the behaviour and habits you perform every day - it is perfectly okay to challenge anyones culture, because it can be changed, it is not innate or "built in" to us - it's just the stuff you do every day.
>> No. 412773 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 2:02 am
412773 spacer
>>412771
I love experiences like that - learning something "difficult" from someone who is very experienced is mostly an utter joy. I bet the old boy enjoyed it as much as you did.
>> No. 412774 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 11:22 am
412774 spacer
Can't we just agree that there are cunts everywhere. I've been to a lot of countries and met a lot of different people, there are cunts from all walks of life and there are decent people too, and to be fair I've met more decent people than anything.
>> No. 412781 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 4:36 pm
412781 spacer
>>412771
This sounds like a homoerotic scene.
>> No. 412783 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 4:39 pm
412783 spacer
>>412771
Sorry mate but if I had to choose between a metal keyring and a wooden keyring at the same price I think I'd opt for durability.
>> No. 412784 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 5:14 pm
412784 spacer

A wooden keyring.jpg
412784412784412784
>>412783

That's fine, I don't see why you think I would give a shit. Or are you somehow under the belief that the ring itself is made out of wood like people used to do back in the never days?
>> No. 412786 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 5:23 pm
412786 spacer
>>412781

Well yes, but we live in an age where the hetrosexual male identity has been so eroded that 2 men enjoying each other’s company for any reason, is treated like it must be gay.
>> No. 412787 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 5:43 pm
412787 spacer
>>412781
>>412786
Will you bumders just get a room already?
>> No. 412791 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 6:54 pm
412791 spacer
>>412784
It even looks like a butt plug.
>> No. 412792 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 6:58 pm
412792 spacer
>>412771
>wood
>old boy
>church
>down
>It was wonderful
>I've never done it before
>I felt a real sense
>ring
>turned
>pay money to buy
>I'll make a candle stick
>moving on to cups and rings
>measured
>wastage

I hope your arse is alright.
>> No. 412793 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 6:59 pm
412793 spacer
>>412791

Not even the keyring I made just an image I pulled off of a search engine, but I suppose to a man with an anal obsession everything looks like a sex toy.
>> No. 412794 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 7:10 pm
412794 spacer
>>412793
I'm not the one subconsciously using words to build a hidden homoerotic story.
>> No. 412795 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 7:21 pm
412795 spacer
>>412794

I think you arse.
>> No. 412797 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 7:35 pm
412797 spacer
>>412792
We've gone from dolphin rape, culture to anal stimulation.

Perfect thread, all boxes ticked.
>> No. 412801 Anonymous
14th September 2017
Thursday 7:55 pm
412801 spacer

German_garden_gnome.jpg
412801412801412801
>>412793
>but I suppose to a man with an anal obsession everything looks like a sex toy.
When you have that sort of obsession, what it looks like becomes less and less important every day.
>> No. 412809 Anonymous
15th September 2017
Friday 9:16 am
412809 spacer
>>412784
Oh! Yeah I thought you meant the ring was made of wood. Fair enough.

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password