[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
random

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply [Last 50 posts]
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 413694)
Message
File  []
close
November-leaves.jpg
413694413694413694
>> No. 413694 Anonymous
17th November 2017
Friday 5:40 pm
413694 spacer
Weekend thread? Weekend thread.
257 posts omitted. Last 50 posts shown. Expand all images.
>> No. 414975 Anonymous
9th January 2018
Tuesday 6:51 pm
414975 spacer
I ordered some lock picks at the weekend that arrived today. It's... scarily easy to pop locks with them. Satisfying too.
>> No. 414985 Anonymous
10th January 2018
Wednesday 8:13 pm
414985 spacer
>>414975
What set did you get?
>> No. 414986 Anonymous
10th January 2018
Wednesday 8:56 pm
414986 spacer
>>414985
One that cost about twenty quid from eventronic. I haven't got the hang of feeling out all the points like the people on youtube do but most of the real locks I can find are susceptible to raking.
>> No. 414987 Anonymous
10th January 2018
Wednesday 9:27 pm
414987 spacer
>>414986
I got quite good at picking yale style locks, but I'll be buggered if I can do the ones on my roof rack (the car came with it). I don't know if they're just all clagged up inside, or if I'm doing it wrong...
Blasted thing howls like a banshee at 70+, or if there's a crosswind.
>> No. 414988 Anonymous
10th January 2018
Wednesday 10:15 pm
414988 spacer
>>414975
It is very satisfying. I got a set of special picks that do round locks (bikes, vending machines, that kind of thing) for Xmas.
>> No. 414989 Anonymous
10th January 2018
Wednesday 10:30 pm
414989 spacer
>>414987

They're probably wafer locks. They're no more difficult to open than pin tumbler locks, they just require a slightly different technique.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIcKFr4x6S8
>> No. 415003 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 1:47 am
415003 spacer
I just got home from an evening spent consoling my best mate and getting drunk as fuck in the process.

Poor bastard. His girlfriend started shagging one of their neighbours a few months ago as he was gone a lot work-related. So then yesterday, she came clean to him about it during some sort of "we need to talk" thing.

It's unclear what will happen now; obviously, they have decided to split up. She wants to keep fucking her neighbour, and he wants to move out of their shared flat ASAP, which she will not be able to afford on her own. She has decided to stay with her parents for a few days "to think", while my mate is alone right now in the flat where his now-ex fucked somebody else.

It's all fucked up. What a slag. I have had a bad feeling about her ever since they started going out five years ago. And she did leave somebody else to be with him. I guess that's just her usual MO, as with a lot of women.
>> No. 415004 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 3:14 am
415004 spacer
>>415003
Was it really necessary to sign off that otherwise fine post with a casual bit of trout farming?
>> No. 415005 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 9:06 am
415005 spacer
>>415004
To be fair to the lad, it's what a lot of women do.

They'll stay in a relationship they're not happy with until they've got someone else lined up rather than be single. The relationship is already dead in her mind and the poor lad doesn't know what's going to hit him until she's suddenly shacked up with someone else.
>> No. 415006 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 1:14 pm
415006 spacer
>>415004

I also don't see how that is a troutfarmery comment at all. A significant number of women, more so than blokes anyway, really do have a habit of staying in a dead relationship just for the benefit of being with somebody, when they've really already moved on in their own mind and the poor lad just hasn't noticed and realised all the unspoken messages she has been sending. Which are always there, except they go under the radar of most blokes, because they're just not tuned into femal nonverbal communication.

On the other hand, if you've got good intuition and are sensitive to nonverbal communication in general, there is hope that you will see the signs. The times that a lass was about to leave me and then did leave me, I actually began noticing that all the little things were fading away in the run-up to the actual breakup. You know, just those little markers in the way a romantic partner behaves towards you, and stops behaving towards you when their spark is gone.

Maybe your relationship is already too far gone by that point anyway, when the cracks start to show like that. Then again, if you notice those signs early enough, you might still have a fighting chance to turn things around. The odds are against you though.
>> No. 415007 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 1:46 pm
415007 spacer
>>415006
Part of it is that on the whole men don't listen. Part of it is a perceived power imbalance where the woman may not feel she has sufficient agency to walk out without somewhere else to go.

That said, writing it off as womenfolk's "usual MO" is a bit bint-hatey.
>> No. 415008 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 2:04 pm
415008 spacer
>>415007
My three best friends are all female. One has done this on at least two occasions, another was extremely close to doing this but chickened out at the last minute (she seems to have a thing for abusive relationships) and the other hasn't done this but she's a bit mental in other ways.
>> No. 415010 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 2:10 pm
415010 spacer
>>415008
Cross-posting the standard advice from /emo/:

Avoid mental slags.


>> No. 415011 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 3:52 pm
415011 spacer
>>415003
>And she did leave somebody else to be with him.

Yeah, I'l add to the chorus that he only has himself to blame on this. If we could somehow do away with the compulsion to shag other peoples birds the world would be a better place for it.

>>415004
Get a proper hobby.

Or better yet realise that it is something both sexes do among their own and there is nothing meant by it. There is even a song about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3FE7BswYI[/spoiler]
>> No. 415012 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 4:10 pm
415012 spacer
Spent a lot of the weekend watching Awesome Games Done Quick 2018, and a bunch of other speedrunning stuff. Seemed to be a disproportionately high number of transpeople at AGDQ. Wonder if there is a genetic link between people being trans and being autistic enough to speedrun.
>> No. 415013 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 4:38 pm
415013 spacer
>>415007

Surely the idea that 'on the whole men don't listen' is of the same category as 'bint-hatey'. That's carp-wrangling, at least.
>> No. 415014 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 4:56 pm
415014 spacer
>>415013
>Surely the idea that 'on the whole men don't listen' is of the same category as 'bint-hatey'.
Not at all. It's a factual observation and common knowledge that men are less able to pick up on and properly interpret such signals.
>> No. 415015 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 5:05 pm
415015 spacer
>>415012

People with ASD are a lot more diverse in terms of sexual orientation and gender expression. They're substantially more likely to be trans, bi, gay or asexual than the general population. Nobody has identified a plausible cause for this difference yet.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27872002
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29159906
>> No. 415016 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 5:23 pm
415016 spacer
>>415015
The name "autism" comes from the morbid fascination with oneself that was observed in early cases, so it makes sense on the face of it that high-functioning individuals on the spectrum are more likely to notice such differences and try to categorise themselves. It may be simply that the general population is simply less inclined to identify themselves as such, while those with ASD are less likely to be in the closet.
>> No. 415017 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 5:30 pm
415017 spacer
>>415014

I disagree and think you are a silly billy.
>> No. 415018 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 5:39 pm
415018 spacer
>>415017

That's okay. It's a free country, and you're perfectly entitled to be wrong.
>> No. 415019 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 5:43 pm
415019 spacer
>>415016

Eh, maybe, but I think the magnitude of difference is too great to be explained by that alone. In one study, nearly 70% of people with ASD identified as non-heterosexual. Rates of gender dysphoria and transgenderism may be as much as 100 times greater in people with ASD than in the general population.

The opposite of your proposal might be true. Children with ASD have no particular difficulty in identifying the gender of other people, but they're drastically less likely to be able to answer the question "are you a little boy or a little girl?". This is pure speculation on my part, but the apparent fluidity of gender and sexuality in people with ASD may be in part explained by a lack of self-insight. Alexithymia (an inability to identify or describe your own emotions) is a characteristic trait of ASD. They might be more inclined to experiment with sexual behaviour and gender expression, because it's harder for them to figure out their own preferences.
>> No. 415020 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 6:00 pm
415020 spacer

SidMeiers_Alpha_Centauri_PCFINAL.jpg
415020415020415020
>>415016
Anyone else ever wonder what humanity would look like if we we're all a bit more on the spectrum? I hope that in future when we're off sending people to colonise the galaxy they secretly run grand experiments on this sort of thing like in Fallout.
>> No. 415021 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 6:47 pm
415021 spacer

silicon-valley-map.jpg
415021415021415021
>>415020

>Anyone else ever wonder what humanity would look like if we we're all a bit more on the spectrum?
>> No. 415022 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 6:49 pm
415022 spacer

03f.jpg
415022415022415022
>>415021
>> No. 415023 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 10:05 pm
415023 spacer
>>415007

>Part of it is that on the whole men don't listen. Part of it is a perceived power imbalance where the woman may not feel she has sufficient agency to walk out without somewhere else to go.


Oh nonsense. Men listen. It's just that men can't be arsed to have to keep decoding the whole barrage of maybe-maybe-not information that a particularly chatty woman can and utter all day long. You get tired of having to sieve through all those spoken words in search of the one bit of actual information that counts. And it might not even be there in the first place, because it's hidden under layers of read-between-the-lines speak, a lot of which men's brains have simply not evolved to be able to parse. So then when a man is accused of not listening, more often than not it's not that he is incapable of comprehending a message that is spoken to him directly by another person, it's just that he has given up trying to make sense of what a woman is really trying to say.

Men generally use language more to transmit factual information. The more succinct, the better. Women often don't even know what they want to say or what bit of information they really want to transmit, or they dump a whole jumble of half thoughts on a man and leave the hapless chap to sort out the puzzle.

As for "agency", that's also nonsense. At least here in the developed world in Britain. I would quite understand the argument that a woman in Saudi Arabia is faced with having "no agency" if she even so much as attempts to leave an abusive husband. But this is present-day Britain, where girls are taught from an early age that women are really the stronger gender. Where it has never been easier for a woman to be the one to walk away from a no longer desired relationship.
>> No. 415024 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 10:09 pm
415024 spacer
>>415023
>keep decoding the whole barrage of maybe-maybe-not information that a particularly chatty woman can and utter all day long.
Or, as it's also known, listening.

>As for "agency", that's also nonsense. At least here in the developed world in Britain. I would quite understand the argument that a woman in Saudi Arabia is faced with having "no agency" if she even so much as attempts to leave an abusive husband. But this is present-day Britain, where girls are taught from an early age that women are really the stronger gender. Where it has never been easier for a woman to be the one to walk away from a no longer desired relationship.
Back to reddit with you, lad.
>> No. 415025 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 10:10 pm
415025 spacer

view-to-a-kill.jpg
415025415025415025
>>415021

Didn't Christopher Walken try to flood Silicon Valley?
>> No. 415026 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 10:14 pm
415026 spacer
>>415024

>Or, as it's also known, listening.

This is not what "listening" should be about.
>> No. 415028 Anonymous
14th January 2018
Sunday 11:01 pm
415028 spacer
>>415024

Expecting someone else to decipher undertones isn't a reasonable expectation of an understanding listener, it is expecting them to be a co-dependent to narcissism.

If you talked to a mental health professional and told them "I'm fine" they wouldn't waste time jumping through hoops trying to reveal the truth, they would just say "oh okay" and show you the door, I don't know why this is considered acceptable behaviour to use loved ones to feed an ego trip.
>> No. 415029 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 1:12 am
415029 spacer
>>415028

Thank you. Somebody has some sense on here.

You're not being a trout farmingst if you refuse to accept that it should be the man's fault, at least as a matter of principle, if he can't make heads or tales of what a woman is on about and he can't decode her utterances for their true meaning.

Women will do well, on the other hand, to recognise that men's brains are by and large just wired differently from their own, and that that is not a mark of male deficiency.

Otherwise, you're really no better than all the men in previous centuries who thought women were inherently deficient. Precisely because their brains were thought to be wired differently.
>> No. 415030 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 1:35 am
415030 spacer
>>415028
>If you talked to a mental health professional and told them "I'm fine" they wouldn't waste time jumping through hoops trying to reveal the truth, they would just say "oh okay" and show you the door
Yeah, and if you tell the police that sweet smell is just your new air freshener, they'll definitely take your word for it that you don't have pot.
>> No. 415031 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 5:59 am
415031 spacer
I keep telling you people, Men Are from Mars is unscientific bollocks, and so are these posts about women's/men's brains being 'wired differently' and how that justifies poor behaviour. There's just no evidence.
>> No. 415032 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 11:00 am
415032 spacer
>>415031


Oh do come off it, gendersciencelad. You and your lot are the Young Earth Creationists of behavioural science.

There is actually pretty solid evidence that men and women have differently wired brains.

https://stanmed.stanford.edu/2017spring/how-mens-and-womens-brains-are-different.html

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/more-evidence-that-male-and-female-brains-are-wired-differently

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-25198063


Enough already with that gender "science" nonsense, which only consists of taking loopy, preconceived notions and attempting to prove them in reality, which fails almost invariably, and then wanting to denigrate any solid scientific evidence as "biologisms" if it contradicts those notions and doesn't fit that world view.

Also, may I ask if you are somebody with quite limited relationship experience with the opposite sex? Anybody who has ever spent a considerable amount of time with an opposite-sex romantic partner can attest to the fact that women's (or men's) brains just function differently, and that it's quite hard to imagine that that's merely a result of culture and environment.
>> No. 415035 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 11:35 am
415035 spacer
>>415031

There is plenty of evidence demonstrating men and women are different. The most obvious being http://www.hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/1961to1999/1997-sex-reassignment.html what makes the case more poignant is that the test subjects were originally used as the 'proof' that men and women are the same it is just conditioning until people stopped ignoring the test subjects pleas.

Gender reassignment surgery at birth to those with malformed genitals used to be considered fine, and best practice (because of the above study) defaulting to female because it is easier, until it was shown that the chromosomal males they did it to continues to act like males, despite being raised as girls and they unknowingly were disproportionately likely to want to transition to be men. I.e. Even men raised on Venus acted like Martians and wanted to return to Mars. http://www.hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/1961to1999/1997-sex-reassignment.html

The issue is that there is a quite powerful political movement in academia who want the exact opposite to be true (they want gender to be a social construct) regardless of the evidence, and would rather the evidence didn’t exist, and will ignore it.
>> No. 415036 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 3:41 pm
415036 spacer
>>415035

>The issue is that there is a quite powerful political movement in academia who want the exact opposite to be true (they want gender to be a social construct) regardless of the evidence, and would rather the evidence didn’t exist, and will ignore it.


This is exactly the point. They believe that a relatively fixed concept of gender (despite all the cross-gender traits that particular test subjects might indeed have and which modern behavioural and genetic science will not really ever deny), is used to suppress anybody who isn't genetically male. And so by deconstructing the concept of gender, this perceived suppression is believed to eventually be overcome. That, and you've got a whole litany of other currents like reeducated millennial snowflakes in their echo chambers and filter bubbles, and genderqueers who cannot accept that what happens within minorities of the general population should probably not be declared majority standard.

I think it's a bit like radical fisherpersons in the late 60s and early 70s who believed the answer to ending women's suppression by Sea Shepherd Conservation Society was going to lie in the dissolution of the nuclear family. The better part of 50 years on, and the overwhelming majority of people still want to start a family with kids at some point in their lives, and live quite traditional lives as husbands and/or wives. As straight couples or maybe even as gay couples. Similarly, science doesn't cease to find clear and peer-reviewed evidence that behaviour is indeed quite largely influenced by the set of sex chromosomes that you are born with. It is going to be something that will just as much be a fixture in behavoural science as it will be observable fact for anybody who spends any amount of significant time with members of the opposite gender.

I think what has been happening in the case of anti-family radical fishing is that women's liberation was simply achieved down a different avenue than abolishing the nuclear family. And it stands to hope that in time, gender science, if it can be called science, will realise that there are better ways to achieve gender tolerance than to try to attack the idea of hardwired male and female behaviours which verifiably - affect the majority of the general population.
>> No. 415037 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 4:17 pm
415037 spacer
Again with the tedious gender politics, lads?
>> No. 415038 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 4:27 pm
415038 spacer
>>415037

Which side is being tedious though.
>> No. 415040 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 5:01 pm
415040 spacer
Whoops posted the same link twice, this should be the second link. https://www.hopkinsdrugs.org/Press_releases/2004/01_21_04.html
>> No. 415041 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 5:01 pm
415041 spacer
>>415040

Link is broken because of wordfilters, solving the problem is left as an exercise for the reader.
>> No. 415042 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 5:12 pm
415042 spacer
>>413694
I'm going on a march Saturday because I want Britian to be back British.
>> No. 415043 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 5:44 pm
415043 spacer
>>415042
I'd it not already British? Did it turn Russian while I wasn't looking or something?
>> No. 415044 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 5:50 pm
415044 spacer
>>415043
That would explain Lincolnshire.
>> No. 415045 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 8:51 pm
415045 spacer
>>415042
Wait what, when did we stop being British?
>> No. 415046 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 9:13 pm
415046 spacer
>>415042
There's a march on? Is it going to be a big one?

I do wish the media would announce such things in advance, perhaps have a bulletin board on the BBC website. I get why they don't because "protest to say we want less immigration" would probably bring down the government but what about those of us who are getting on the trains?
>> No. 415047 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 9:16 pm
415047 spacer

Carnival.png
415047415047415047
>>415042

Oh I love carnival time!
>> No. 415048 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 9:23 pm
415048 spacer
>>415046
If announcing the march would increase the numbers then more trains would be fuller and the trains that would be full anyway would be even worse.
>> No. 415049 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 9:44 pm
415049 spacer
>>415048
I think you're missing the part where I avoid taking the train on Sunday during the times when they will all be kicking about.

What if, after a heavy weekend, I decide that a pair of sunglasses would be comfortable only to discover that the march is for the blind of Britain! What if some lovely girl then takes me by the arm and leads me to the march, what if we fall in love? How long do you think I could keep up that charade?
>> No. 415050 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 9:56 pm
415050 spacer
Do you think otherlad has got confused with next March when we leave the EU? It seems like the kind of mistake a Brexiteer could easily make.
>> No. 415051 Anonymous
15th January 2018
Monday 10:39 pm
415051 spacer
>>415049
If they don't announce it then due to the smaller turnout the trains might be ok and then it's not a problem.

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password