[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
problems

Return ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 25808)
Message
File  []
close
12.jpg
258082580825808
>> No. 25808 Anonymous
2nd December 2017
Saturday 10:04 pm
25808 spacer
Bit of a strange situation I've got myself in here lads.

I was on a night out recently with friends and got to chatting to these two lasses. We were all a bit pissed and rather suddenly, one of the girls was slurring a bit and then fell straight backwards onto the floor and hit her head. Me and the other girl she was with then picked her up and we walked her out of the club holding one arm each to steady her. We got her out onto the street and walked a short distance to a taxi place which put her into a taxi on her own fairly quickly. From there, I walked back to near the club with her friend, asked for the first girls name and sent her a message over facebook. The second girl went home in a different direction from there - walked maybe.

Been chatting to her a bit since then and turns out she ended up with a concussion, bless her. Now, she's just sent me a message asking for more details about the taxi place, what car she got in etc. and might want me to repeat some of this to the police - over the phone or in writing I'm not sure.

Now, I've no experience of dealing with the police other than just to keep your mouth shut if you are accused of anything and ask for legal counsel to not give them any rope to hang you with. However, in this situation I'm fairly confident that there are multiple independent witnesses such as her friend, the woman on the taxi desk or the bouncers who let me back in the club 5 minutes later, not to mention possible CCTV footage that removes me from the equation completely.

Any advice?
Expand all images.
>> No. 25811 Anonymous
2nd December 2017
Saturday 10:33 pm
25811 spacer
>might want me to repeat some of this to the police
Why? Does she think she was raped by you? If so, she should go to the police before talking to you. Otherwise, there's no reason for you to talk to the police.

I think your instinct is right. Answer her questions if you think it will reassure her, but don't tell the police anything until you speak to a solicitor, and that will only be happening if you're under arrest.
>> No. 25812 Anonymous
2nd December 2017
Saturday 10:52 pm
25812 spacer
>>25811
I don't think she suspects me of anything. It seemed to be more just asking details about the taxi driver and car.

All I can remember is just that she sat in the passenger side on her own, roughly what time she got in and also the ethnicity of the driver. I've told her all this.

May be worth noting, but her friend was always with us so we were never alone in the hour or so that our paths crossed the other night.
>> No. 25813 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 2:13 am
25813 spacer
Pretty shitty of her friend to let her take a rape cab by herself when she was well and truly pissed, to be honest.
>> No. 25814 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 5:52 am
25814 spacer
If you refuse to make a statement, then it might raise suspicion. On the other hand, talking to the police is usually a bad idea. I'd suggest talking to a criminal defence solicitor ASAP, if only to put your mind at ease.

Failing that, I'd recommend waiting to be contacted by the police before making a short, factual statement. If they want a statement from you, they'll ask for it. Don't waffle, don't give your opinions, don't speculate, just stick to the four Ws - who, what, where and when.
>> No. 25815 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 10:45 am
25815 spacer
>>25814
>If you refuse to make a statement, then it might raise suspicion.

No no and fucking no. You have the right not to incriminate yourself. It's just good sense, and that 'it may harm your defence if' bit is hardly ever invoked in court.
>> No. 25816 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 11:08 am
25816 spacer
>>25815

>You have the right not to incriminate yourself.

Of course, but OP hasn't done anything, so any self-incrimination would be entirely false. At this stage he's probably a witness rather than a suspect, but that could change. You've got every right to say absolutely nothing, but the police also have every right to treat your silence as grounds to investigate further. I don't imagine that being the lead suspect in a rape investigation is much fun.

OP really needs to speak to a solicitor rather than taking the advice of a load of bellends on a third-rate imageboard.
>> No. 25817 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 12:25 pm
25817 spacer
>>25816
>OP really needs to speak to a solicitor

Why on earth should he pay for legal advice when he's not the subject of a criminal investigation?
>> No. 25818 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 1:08 pm
25818 spacer
Don't listen to these planks OP. Britfa has always had this weird black-block ACAB minority group who think you need Saul Goodman as soon as the police are involved at any stage of anything.

So long as you're just a witness, give her whatever information she wants, give said information to the police. None of it in any way implicates you. Nothing to worry about, and if you start playing silly buggers they might slap you with obstructing an investigation or some shit.

Of course, if ever there is more than a sniff of suspicion raised then sure, take the above advice, lawyer up and lawyer up good.
>> No. 25819 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 4:42 pm
25819 spacer
>>25818
What sort of country do you think we live in? You can't be charged for failing to supply information as a witness. That's madness.
>> No. 25820 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 4:57 pm
25820 spacer

Wallace-Gromit-A-Grand-Day-Out-aardman-6899208-640.jpg
258202582025820
Usually I forget you lads are completely maladjusted to society and fitting in. I forget all about the likes of ambulancelad, the lad who had a breakdown when his mum asked him to phone up for a takeaway, the lad who couldn't figure out how to flag down a bus and would state blankly as they passed him by before he would rage to us about it afterwards, etc. I forget you're a bunch of robot moon ovens. Then a thread like this comes along.

Normal conversation:-

Lassmate: something happened in the taxi home last night, but I was so drunk my memory is a little hazy; would you please tell the police anything you can remember to assist with their enquiries?

Ladmate: Yeah, sure, no problem. Anything I can do to help.

Britfa poster:-

Lassmate: something happened in the taxi home last night, but I was so drunk my memory is a little hazy; would you please tell the police anything you can remember to assist with their enquiries?

Robot moon oven: BLEEP! BLOOP! I KNOW MY RIGHTS! I WANT A SOLICITOR THERE AND I'M GOING TO ANSWER EVERYTHING WITH "NO COMMENT". I'D LOVE TO HELP YOU, LASSMATE, BUT THE POLICE ARE THE LARGEST GANG IN THE COUNTRY AND I DON'T WANT TO INCRIMINATE MYSELF BY CO-OPERATING WITH THEM, SO I'M GOING TO MAKE MYSELF LOOK LIKE A MASSIVE SHIFTY SPERGLORD INSTEAD.
>> No. 25821 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 5:55 pm
25821 spacer
>>25820
Still feel at home here though don't you.
>> No. 25822 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 5:59 pm
25822 spacer
>>25816

Absolute bollocks.

My Father-in-law is a Policeman, his advice has always been to say nothing unless you've received advice from a Lawyer. Everything you say can and will be used against you, nothing you say to a Policeman will be considered into evidence for your defence.

Let them exhaust all avenues, OP. You don't even know if they're looking to speak to you, just her word, and it could be as simple as money being missing and she thinks you or the Cabby stole it, but she actually just spent it. Common complaint to police after nights out. I wouldn't worry, don't bring it up again if you remain in contact with her although I advise that when speaking to her you speak to her as you would as if you were giving the Police a statement; stick to the facts, onus on her friend.
>> No. 25823 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 6:14 pm
25823 spacer
>>25820
I like your image.
>> No. 25824 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 6:17 pm
25824 spacer
>>25822
What if she woke up with a wet panties and thinks she got a good rogering from Achmed the Uber driver? OP remaining silent would mean that he did it.
>> No. 25825 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 6:35 pm
25825 spacer
I don't really see how, from what we've been told, OP is even the slightest bit worried he'll be accused of something. It sounds like something may have happened after she left and they may want confirmation of that. Shutting down and refusing to talk is both suspicious and a shitty thing to do if it means a victim of a crime might not have justice served.
>> No. 25826 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 6:36 pm
25826 spacer
>>25824

Logic2.
>> No. 25827 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 7:13 pm
25827 spacer
>>25820
While I'll admit to probably being a little further along the spectrum than the average, that's not really a fair point.

I agree that telling the po po all I know is the 'right' thing to do, and was my initial intention. However, I'm not completely sure if it is the 'smart' thing to do. Hence the thread asking for some advice.

>>25822
From what she has told me it is not related to money.
>> No. 25828 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 7:14 pm
25828 spacer
>>25824
> a wet panties

That enough of you, Fritz. Off you fuck.
>> No. 25829 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 7:37 pm
25829 spacer
>>25827
>From what she has told me it is not related to money.

A deposit of unwelcome honey was left in her cunny and she needs to prove whose tail the sting came from.
>> No. 25830 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 7:41 pm
25830 spacer
>>25829
If that's the case then... I hope OP lawyers up and tells his lassm8 to fuck off. In the current climate, it would be dumb to assume that the coppers won't at least question him and lock him up for a bit, then release him after they check all their sources. But by then, OP will become a pariah.

See you on the DM lad.
>> No. 25831 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 8:01 pm
25831 spacer
>>25829

You sound like a real entomologist.
>> No. 25832 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 8:36 pm
25832 spacer
>>25831
My friend studied something like that at uni and her dissertation was about how some insects have super coagulating spunk that plugs the female's insides up so no other insect can get them pregnant and how some other ones have hooks on their knobs to scrape out any spunk left by previous suitors.
>> No. 25833 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 10:51 pm
25833 spacer
>>25820

While I don't doubt were all a bit moon oveny here, it's never wise to speak to the police, particularly if it's just because you were asked to by a victim of a crime.

Have you never had a lawyer?
>> No. 25834 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 11:17 pm
25834 spacer
>>25832

Our bell ends are apparently shaped to scoop out rival spunk, too.
>> No. 25835 Anonymous
3rd December 2017
Sunday 11:26 pm
25835 spacer
>>25834
Do you have a knob shaped like a spoon?
>> No. 25836 Anonymous
4th December 2017
Monday 2:13 am
25836 spacer
>>25825
Again: if he is suspected of a crime, then the police should be coming to him first. If he is not the suspect of or witness to a crime, he has no reason to speak to them. If the lass believes she is a victim of a crime unrelated to OP and wants OP's help as a witness, then she should say so openly. If she is not saying so openly, then that could mean she is treating OP as a suspect.
>> No. 25837 Anonymous
4th December 2017
Monday 8:41 am
25837 spacer
>>25836
It's still going to come across badly if he just refuses without an excuse like "I've heard some horror stories about this sort or situation from some mates so I don't think I can help unless I know what's going on" which is true. It's a lot more reasonable than just shutting down.
>> No. 25838 Anonymous
4th December 2017
Monday 10:33 am
25838 spacer
>>25837
No-one is saying he should 'shut down'! Look, the police can always fuck off because as I've said there is no reason for him to talk to them apropos of nothing unless they come to him first.

As for the lass, she is concerned about something, so he should give her the facts she wants like what taxi firm was used and what car she got in or what happened to her friends and so on. But if she starts asking personal questions about his behaviour or what he was wearing or who he was with and stuff like that, then I think he has a right to demand why she is asking, both because he should know what position he is in, and because it's simple etiquette to be told these things.
>> No. 25975 Anonymous
18th December 2017
Monday 11:14 pm
25975 Quick update
I told her the next day that I'd help if needed.

After a week or so I asked how she was doing and she seemed ok for the most part. The police 'would have liked' to speak to me, but were unable to as she didn't have a number for me (and didn't ask). Not too sure what to make of that.

Is this level of ineptitude par for the course with the plod, or a bit fishy on her part?

I was feeling rough when I posted, so maybe the fever brought out a bit of paranoia.

Anyhow, thanks for the advice lads.
>> No. 25976 Anonymous
19th December 2017
Tuesday 1:03 am
25976 spacer
>>25975
Plod can generally find you if they know who you are, so clearly they weren't that interested.
>> No. 25977 Anonymous
19th December 2017
Tuesday 6:52 am
25977 spacer
>>25975
>The police 'would have liked' to speak to me, but were unable to as she didn't have a number for me

She's fishing for your number. She's clearly down to fuck.

Return ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password