[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
problems

Return ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 25980)
Message
File  []
close
NihilanthConcept.jpg
259802598025980
>> No. 25980 Anonymous
1st January 2018
Monday 4:15 am
25980 Miserable
I'm so messed up I'm beyond depressed. There's something fundamentally non-functional within me. Nothing works and no one cares, least of all me, and that goes for both counts. I'm worked up to the point of having chest pains. I'm not even crying or angry, just bewilderingly hopeless.
Expand all images.
>> No. 25982 Anonymous
1st January 2018
Monday 4:32 am
25982 spacer
Just go to bed mate. Sleep away the comedown.
>> No. 25986 Anonymous
1st January 2018
Monday 8:33 am
25986 spacer
Obviously you're feeling very depressed at the moment. Take that into account when thinking about yourself- the depressed mindset is in which nothing ever works. There are ways to make yourself feel better but part of the challenge is working through that feeling that nothing is working. If this did come from drink or drugs then it's clear that you have issues you need to deal with.

>>25981
>>25983
>>25985

Edgelord, please remember that this is someone's well-being and ought to be taken seriously and handled carefully.
>> No. 25987 Anonymous
1st January 2018
Monday 1:04 pm
25987 spacer
>>25980

If you want to talk to someone, you can call the Samaritans at any time on 116 123. They're open 24/7 and calls are free from any network. You can also email jo@samaritans.org.

If you've been feeling low for some time, I'd strongly recommend talking to your GP. There are lots of effective treatment options for depression. It might take a few tries to find something that's right for you, but your situation will improve with the right help.

If you feel like you're in a crisis, go to A&E or call an ambulance. A mental health crisis is just as much of a medical emergency as a broken leg. A&E can refer you to the Crisis Team or the Community Mental Health Team, who will put together a plan to get you back on your feet.

I don't know who you are and I don't know what you're going through, but I've felt some of the things that you're feeling. I've bothered to make this post because I think that you matter, because I think that nobody deserves to feel hopeless. There are lots of people who want to help you, but they can't help you unless you ask for their help. If you're feeling miserable, then something needs to change. It takes courage to take the first step and ask for help, but it all gets easier from that point.
>> No. 25988 Anonymous
1st January 2018
Monday 8:17 pm
25988 spacer
>>25980 Mate, I've been there. I know it sounds like bullshit but there IS light at the end. Stay strong my friend, don't do anything stupid.
>> No. 25990 Anonymous
1st January 2018
Monday 11:29 pm
25990 spacer
>>25980
I am convinced it is the time of year and the dark evenings that make it worse. I feel your pain.
>> No. 25996 Anonymous
2nd January 2018
Tuesday 11:12 am
25996 spacer
>>25990
Everyone gets a touch of SAD. Not to belittle it.
>> No. 25997 Anonymous
2nd January 2018
Tuesday 11:16 am
25997 spacer
>>25990
Take Vitamin D tablets.
>> No. 26002 Anonymous
2nd January 2018
Tuesday 5:47 pm
26002 spacer
OP here, I took my Mirtazapine again for the first time in a couple of weeks. Predictably wiped out by it; took it at midnight, asleep by one, up at three PM. I still feel like I went rock climbing in my sleep even now.

I just wish I was properly nuts, like mumbling to myself and cutting things into my skin nuts, because otherwise it just feels like no one gives a shit, even if what I've got makes my life almost as unliveable, and my actions almost as irrational.

Sorry for the moan, but thank you all for the advice. Even JustFuckingEndItLad.
>> No. 26003 Anonymous
2nd January 2018
Tuesday 7:11 pm
26003 spacer
>>25996
Particularly over the Xmas break - I find it very easy to have a couple of days lie-in and suddenly I'm waking up at 1pm and seeing 3 hours daylight.
>> No. 26007 Anonymous
3rd January 2018
Wednesday 12:20 am
26007 spacer
>>26006

Your experience of reality isn't objective lad.
>> No. 26008 Anonymous
3rd January 2018
Wednesday 6:15 am
26008 spacer
>>26006
Sounds like you're meaning to say "I" not "you" there, mate.
>> No. 26009 Anonymous
3rd January 2018
Wednesday 6:42 am
26009 spacer

SMxpJYc.jpg
260092600926009
>>26006
The idea is you think beyond that, lad.
>> No. 26010 Anonymous
3rd January 2018
Wednesday 11:59 am
26010 spacer
>>26009

There is nothing thinking "beyond" in your picture lad. It is presenting a false dichotomy. The greatest existential pain is felt by those who crave meaning but also accept none can rationally exist, and your flow chart conveniently ignores that.

>>25980
OP are your sure there is not an environmental issue to your despair, perhaps you would do better with a change of scene and a little self-indulgence? Maybe even a little meaningful toil/danger. I got lost on a mountain last year, dropped to minus 10 at night, greatest feeling in the world when I survived. Take some risks, break the routine of your life, rather than waiting around for death get yourself into a situation where you need to take action.
>> No. 26012 Anonymous
3rd January 2018
Wednesday 2:06 pm
26012 spacer
>>26010


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOFSaTdjJCk
>> No. 26015 Anonymous
3rd January 2018
Wednesday 4:32 pm
26015 spacer
>>26010
>The greatest existential pain is felt by those who crave meaning but also accept none can rationally exist, and your flow chart conveniently ignores that.

Have you bothered to read Camus because it doesn't seem like you have.
https://www.philosophybro.com/archive/camus-the-myth-of-sisyphus-a-summary
>> No. 26016 Anonymous
3rd January 2018
Wednesday 4:35 pm
26016 spacer
Nah, I'm fucked actually.
>> No. 26018 Anonymous
3rd January 2018
Wednesday 6:12 pm
26018 spacer
>>26015

I am familiar with absurdism. Your argument for it though is as convincing as a christian on the door step saying "so you want to go to hell then?" when you tell them you don't believe in any of it.
>> No. 26019 Anonymous
3rd January 2018
Wednesday 7:01 pm
26019 spacer
>>26015
I read Camus, and I still don't understand what his point is. He just comes off edgy and emo.
>> No. 26020 Anonymous
3rd January 2018
Wednesday 8:31 pm
26020 spacer
>>26009
>Go with the flow or go against the grain?
I'd instinctively go with the former but on the other hand I sometimes piss in the sink next to my toilet so I dunno.
>> No. 26021 Anonymous
3rd January 2018
Wednesday 8:41 pm
26021 spacer
>>26019

That's because you suffer from the kind of emotional and intellectual immaturity that causes you to use words like "edgy" and "emo" in a serious conversation.
>> No. 26022 Anonymous
4th January 2018
Thursday 1:35 am
26022 spacer
>>26019

>he just comes off edgy and emo.

Every philosopher I've ever read if they were alive and working today, would be dismissed nowadays as being edgy and emo. Because edgy ultimately is just a criticism of people who vocally disagree with the consensus, and emo is just what we call people who complain things aren't as good as they could and ought to be. When you think about it this language being used as pejorative is demonstrative of quite a close minded society.
>> No. 26023 Anonymous
4th January 2018
Thursday 2:16 am
26023 spacer
>>26021
>>26022
You can say whatever you want, but let's be honest because Camus is very edgy and emo. It's like calling an emo ban from the last decade a group of philosophers a century from now.
>> No. 26024 Anonymous
4th January 2018
Thursday 2:42 am
26024 spacer
>>26023
Quite possibly maybe one of them out there made a point about the human condition through a lense no one has ever viewed it before.

Satre once said "Never were we freer than under the German occupation. We had lost all our rights, and first of all our right to speak. They insulted us to our faces. ... They deported us en masse. ... And because of all this we were free." That to you, is probably the definition of edgy.

All Philosophers by their nature are edgy, it doesn't mean they don't have a point.
>> No. 26025 Anonymous
4th January 2018
Thursday 3:23 am
26025 spacer
>>26020>>26021
I keep skimming this and thinking these two posts are related.
>> No. 26026 Anonymous
4th January 2018
Thursday 7:34 am
26026 spacer
Sorry, lads, this is all very interesting, but when I said I was fucked yesterday I wasn't messing.

Whoever's in charge of billing me for a tertiary education have done so, but I haven't done the whole student finance stuff so I'm now indebted to Natwest and I assume it's going to get worse daily. I can't fix this issue readily because I need a new birth certificate and you need to pay for one of those, which I can't do with my debit card on account of my MASSIVE FUCKING DEBT.

I spent yesterday off my nut just sort of rolling back and forth in bed. I'm feeling a tad better today, but I'm just sort of beyond now.
>> No. 26027 Anonymous
4th January 2018
Thursday 7:38 am
26027 spacer
>>26026
You paid your tuition fees via your bank rather than the student loans company?
>> No. 26029 Anonymous
4th January 2018
Thursday 10:32 am
26029 spacer
>>26027

The Uni asked me to give them my bank details because I hadn't finalised my student finances.
>> No. 26030 Anonymous
4th January 2018
Thursday 11:14 am
26030 spacer
>>26026

Get your arse down to the Citizens Advice Bureau. Take every scrap of paperwork you've got.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-we-provide-advice/advice/search-for-your-local-citizens-advice/
>> No. 26031 Anonymous
4th January 2018
Thursday 2:32 pm
26031 spacer
>>26030

I guess I've now received every piece of stock /emo/ advice there is. Thanks though, I'm being glib, not dismissive.
>> No. 26032 Anonymous
4th January 2018
Thursday 3:53 pm
26032 spacer
>>26031

Dump the crazy bitch.
>> No. 26033 Anonymous
4th January 2018
Thursday 5:14 pm
26033 spacer
>>26032

Avoid mental slags


>> No. 26034 Anonymous
5th January 2018
Friday 7:48 pm
26034 spacer
>>26032>>26033
Lads I reckon the three of us could write a book.
>> No. 26035 Anonymous
5th January 2018
Friday 7:58 pm
26035 spacer
>>26034

>How to Ask About CBT and the Citizens Advice While Avoiding Mental Slags (or Not Depending on How Randy Otherlad Is Tonight)
>> No. 26036 Anonymous
5th January 2018
Friday 8:55 pm
26036 spacer
>>26035
If we can squeeze the word Blockchain somewhere in there, I reckon we will be on to a winner.
>> No. 26037 Anonymous
7th January 2018
Sunday 3:39 pm
26037 spacer
Too fucked to care, too much of an ego-maniac to just end it. I'm basically just waiting to die of natural causes.
>> No. 26038 Anonymous
7th January 2018
Sunday 11:07 pm
26038 spacer
>>26037

>Too fucked to care, too much of an ego-maniac to just end it. I'm basically just waiting to die of natural causes.

...like nearly everyone else?
>> No. 26039 Anonymous
7th January 2018
Sunday 11:50 pm
26039 spacer
>>26038

How should I know? Regardless, I've had a breakthrough since that post.
>> No. 26040 Anonymous
8th January 2018
Monday 12:14 am
26040 spacer
>>26039
That is good to hear.
>> No. 26041 Anonymous
8th January 2018
Monday 5:50 pm
26041 spacer
>>26040

Yes, I'd resolved to kill myself. Now I'm less sure.
>> No. 26042 Anonymous
8th January 2018
Monday 6:27 pm
26042 spacer
>>26041
How would you do it?


On tangent here, but I never understood why people kill themselves. Or at the very least, why they won't kill people they don't like before killing themselves. I have a list of people who crossed me, and if I were to kill myself, I would make sure they come with me. Is that wrong? I feel it is healthier than just killing myself.
>> No. 26043 Anonymous
8th January 2018
Monday 6:44 pm
26043 spacer
>>26042

I guess not being 16 any more is the main reason, also I'm not Niko Bellic so I don't even have a list of people titled "blood vendetta".
>> No. 26044 Anonymous
8th January 2018
Monday 7:31 pm
26044 spacer
>>26043
Solid reasons.
>> No. 26045 Anonymous
8th January 2018
Monday 7:42 pm
26045 spacer
>>26043
Shame. Maybe you'd be a better and more successful person if you were stuck being 16.

Good luck.
>> No. 26046 Anonymous
8th January 2018
Monday 7:46 pm
26046 spacer
>>26045
Good one, Elliot.
>> No. 26047 Anonymous
8th January 2018
Monday 8:16 pm
26047 spacer
>>26046
Is snark the only purpose in your life now, lad?
>> No. 26048 Anonymous
8th January 2018
Monday 8:20 pm
26048 spacer
I'd hang myself, if anyone's bothered.

>>26047

Not me, SpreeKillerLad. Soz I don't feel like being the Dylan to your Eric.
>> No. 26049 Anonymous
8th January 2018
Monday 8:30 pm
26049 spacer
>>26048
That's a bad way to go, mate. I'd advise against it. One of my classmates done it.

Honestly, you're best placed to take a few cunts out. No school bullies, cunt bosses, bastard landlords? Nothing? Good time to start a list I'd say. Write down all the cunts. Even cunts who cut you off while driving, if you can remember their license plate numbers.

(A good day to you Sir!)
>> No. 26050 Anonymous
8th January 2018
Monday 8:51 pm
26050 spacer
>>26049

Alright, GCHQlad, anyone in particular you want me to ice? Five grand a pop mind you and that scales up for public figures.

Return ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password