[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
BADASSES

Return ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 65411)
Message
File  []
close
Children’s-Hair-1.jpg
654116541165411
>> No. 65411 Are Moaty
19th May 2020
Tuesday 11:16 pm
65411 spacer
Letting a boy have long hair is tantamount to child abuse.

By all means let them make the decision to grow it out when they're a teenager but a primary school age boy with long hair just looks like a girl and it always ends up unkempt and greasy because it isn't maintained properly.

It always seems to be poggy people who let their boy have long hair too.
Expand all images.
>> No. 65412 Anonymous
19th May 2020
Tuesday 11:25 pm
65412 spacer

varg face 2.jpg
654126541265412
Cutting your son's hair is degenerate. That's where he gets his Thulean powers.
>> No. 65413 Moralfag
19th May 2020
Tuesday 11:39 pm
65413 spacer
>a primary school age boy with long hair just looks like a girl and it always ends up unkempt and greasy
So the issue for you is that the little boys look feminine and unattractive to you?
>> No. 65414 Crabkiller
19th May 2020
Tuesday 11:43 pm
65414 spacer
>>65413
They offend the senses.
>> No. 65415 Samefag
20th May 2020
Wednesday 12:03 am
65415 spacer
>>65411
>tantamount to child abuse

He looks pretty happy to me.
>> No. 65417 Auntiefucker
20th May 2020
Wednesday 12:11 am
65417 spacer
His hair does look incredibly shit. Shouldn't it be kept in some sort of bun for school? I think I remember that being a rule if not just incredibly good practice considering how filthy it must get.

>LETTING A BOY HAVE LONG HAIR IS TANTAMOUNT TO CHILD ABUSE.

I had no idea that The Man posted here. Do you still write angry letters to the BBC that there's too much swing music being played over the radio waves?
>> No. 65418 YubYub
20th May 2020
Wednesday 12:47 am
65418 spacer
>>65414
What; touch, taste, smell? You shouldn't be allowed near them.
>> No. 65427 Searchfag
20th May 2020
Wednesday 9:19 am
65427 spacer
How times change. I've been a greasy long hair my whole adult life, and I remember clearly when I'd just started growing in in the last year of secondary school. One of the heads of year told me I looked a disgrace and needed it cutting because it was past my collar, which the school dress code clearly forbade. I took great pleasure in being able to tell him with a straight face, "Don't worry mister Cunliffe, it will be my last day next week. Sir."

How times change. I've always thought shit like this was daft as fuck, it's just another type of petty authority you're supposed to integrate as part of the "educational" experience. Teach people what box you have to fit into because anything else is just not allowed. No reason or logic for it, it's just not allowed.

Most people seem to accept it just so blindly it amazes me. They spend their whole life with those ingrained assumptions and never once think to question it, and grow up to be the kind of person who thinks tattoos are naughty and that the only acceptable colours for hair are shades of brown, possibly with some kind of "Well you won't get a job looking like that!" justification at very most.

It's truly bizarre.
>> No. 65428 R4GE
20th May 2020
Wednesday 9:25 am
65428 spacer
>>65427 I think there's at least some merit to school uniform and uniformity-ish - in that it reduces the bullying surface area a bit, and reduces some of the financial pressures to follow every fucking stupid trend.
After school, when you're sentient adults, fuck no, look how you like. Try not to offend me with your stench and we're good.
>> No. 65432 R4GE
20th May 2020
Wednesday 10:28 am
65432 spacer
>>65428
The usual argument is that it's "preparing you for real life".

I'm fine with having a uniform - many jobs do have one - but it's petty enforcement of arbitrary rules surrounding it that always got me. I can't think of any job where you would be materially punished for having your hair below shoulder length or a skirt that goes above your knees, or not having your top button done up and your blazer on at all times.

I get the impression that some teachers really do love going on power trips.
>> No. 65433 Anonymous
20th May 2020
Wednesday 10:35 am
65433 spacer
>>65427
>THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE COLOURS FOR HAIR ARE SHADES OF BROWN,

Anyone who dies their hair pink, blue, green or whatever is a twat.
>> No. 65435 Auntiefucker
20th May 2020
Wednesday 10:39 am
65435 spacer
>>65432

>I CAN'T THINK OF ANY JOB WHERE YOU WOULD BE MATERIALLY PUNISHED FOR HAVING YOUR HAIR BELOW SHOULDER LENGTH OR A SKIRT THAT GOES ABOVE YOUR KNEES, OR NOT HAVING YOUR TOP BUTTON DONE UP AND YOUR BLAZER ON AT ALL TIMES.

I can, basically any public facing role. Not even just the low level ones - ever seen a pilot without a tie?
>> No. 65436 Are Moaty
20th May 2020
Wednesday 10:52 am
65436 spacer
>>65435

Yes.
>> No. 65437 Samefag
20th May 2020
Wednesday 10:52 am
65437 spacer
How people groom themselves beyond basic hygiene honestly isn't my business.

If the boy likes having long hair, let him have long hair. He can tie it up if he wants to do something active.

>>65428

It's pretty grim that we have to make up for a fault in society (competitive consumerism) with something that basically amounts to an infringement of personal liberty.

Not disagreeing with you, I think kids would take a lot more flack without uniforms, especially poor kids. Just a shame.
>> No. 65438 R4GE
20th May 2020
Wednesday 11:03 am
65438 spacer
Is it just me though or is there a massive fundamental difference between clothes, and your actual body? That's where then line is for me. Fine if a school or workplace wants to force you to wear something, because you only have to during their time. You take it off as soon as you get home.

But if they want to dictate your hairstyle or if you have piercings/tattoos, that's none of their fucking business, you're not their property, and those things are part of your body. You can't just change those things for working hours, you have to submit and change them in your outside life too.

You see this with companies policing people's social media and such too. The moment you clock off, what you say or do or look like should be absolutely none of their fucking business. I don't care how important you are, or sensitive their consumer image is. We should have a concrete division between work and personal.
>> No. 65439 Anonymous
20th May 2020
Wednesday 11:05 am
65439 spacer
>>65432
The military and generally it's training you to follow instruction (and skirt the letter of the law). I do somewhat agree in the sense that schooling prepares you for a world that no longer exists where a bell tells you when you're hungry.

Maybe we should stick them all in a call centre from ages 5-16. Give a taste of a real world then ask them if they want to develop more advanced skills to escape it.

>I GET THE IMPRESSION THAT SOME TEACHERS REALLY DO LOVE GOING ON POWER TRIPS.

This is absolutely true. When I was going through my rebellious phase I had one teacher who just wrote me up on every minor thing. When I dyed my hair the other teachers were fine with it but there's always one cunt who has to have a problem with it.
>> No. 65440 Ambulancelad
20th May 2020
Wednesday 11:15 am
65440 spacer
>>65438
If you don't want someone dictating what you wear why not run your own business?
>> No. 65442 Paedofag
20th May 2020
Wednesday 5:42 pm
65442 spacer
>>65438

I agree with you almost entirely, but I'm so sick of fuckwits complaining to us that they have to remove their piercings in an industrial environment that I'd rather just make it illegal to wear anything to work other than a hiviz boiler suit.
>> No. 65443 Moralfag
20th May 2020
Wednesday 6:06 pm
65443 spacer
>>65439
>MAYBE WE SHOULD STICK THEM ALL IN A CALL CENTRE FROM AGES 5-16. GIVE A TASTE OF A REAL WORLD THEN ASK THEM IF THEY WANT TO DEVELOP MORE ADVANCED SKILLS TO ESCAPE IT.

You have already described school. It is already like this.
>> No. 65444 Moralfag
20th May 2020
Wednesday 6:58 pm
65444 spacer
>>65438
>BUT IF THEY WANT TO DICTATE YOUR HAIRSTYLE OR IF YOU HAVE PIERCINGS/TATTOOS, THAT'S NONE OF THEIR FUCKING BUSINESS, YOU'RE NOT THEIR PROPERTY, AND THOSE THINGS ARE PART OF YOUR BODY. YOU CAN'T JUST CHANGE THOSE THINGS FOR WORKING HOURS, YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT AND CHANGE THEM IN YOUR OUTSIDE LIFE TOO.

I'm going to get a jizzing dick tattooed on my forehead, then sue the BBC for discrimination when they reject my job application to be a newsreader
>> No. 65451 R4GE
21st May 2020
Thursday 12:26 pm
65451 spacer
>>65438

Depends on the Job. The police force is very particular on appearance and for good reason. If you see a clean shaven well-dressed person beating someone up it is easy to assume that the other person is a rotter.

If the police are covered in tattoos and unshaven then it is easier to make the transition to them being professional bullies.
Even when they aren't doing things wrong the casual observer is more likely to view them as having an oppressive presence.
>> No. 65453 Searchfag
21st May 2020
Thursday 1:18 pm
65453 spacer
>>65451
I know someone who went on trial for gbh. Legal advice was to cover up his tattoos, get some fake glasses and to barely eat and stop exercising so he lost his muscles. It worked.
>> No. 65454 Paedofag
21st May 2020
Thursday 3:00 pm
65454 spacer
I had long hair as a teenlad and personally wouldn't recommend it on account of having to wash it twice a day for it being a grease and dirt trap. Not a smidge of bullying though, it's not hard telling other teenlads to mind their own business.
It certainly didn't feel like I was basing everything about my personality on having long hair, though others must've definitely thought so, and in exactly the same way I used to roll my eyes at someone getting a piercing. You just grow up and realise people are free to do with their own bodies what they will, unless it might cause harm or damage to themselves or another at work, then they're just being selfish for not considering other people. It's not that nice seeing someone having a finger degloved for wearing a ring.
>> No. 65455 Ambulancelad
21st May 2020
Thursday 3:15 pm
65455 spacer
>>65454

>wouldn't recommend it on account of having to wash it twice a day

Wrong, you don't want to wash it more than every other day. Twice a week is fine. It will counter-intuitively get greasier if you wash it too often because you're drying it out.

Birds are always asking me how my hair is so smooth and soft, and my answer is always the same. Don't wash it too often, don't put loads of shite chemicals in it, leave it to it.
>> No. 65518 Moralfag
23rd May 2020
Saturday 1:45 pm
65518 spacer
You're meant to follow the No 'poo method.

https://www.nopoomethod.com
>> No. 65520 R4GE
23rd May 2020
Saturday 1:59 pm
65520 spacer
>>65518


I heard that gives you bowel cancer. Regardless, I can't hold it in that long.
>> No. 65521 YubYub
23rd May 2020
Saturday 5:02 pm
65521 spacer
>>65507
Lad have a word with yourself
>> No. 65527 Moralfag
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:29 pm
65527 spacer
>>65521
Which word in particular?
>> No. 65528 YubYub
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:38 pm
65528 spacer
>>65527
Quim?
>> No. 65529 Samefag
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:39 pm
65529 spacer
>>65527

tit
>> No. 65530 Moralfag
24th May 2020
Sunday 3:17 am
65530 spacer
>>65527

pleat.

Return ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password