[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
news

Return ] Entire Thread ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply [Last 50 posts]
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 13618)
Message
File  []
close
image-w856.jpg
136181361813618
>> No. 13618 Anonymous
2nd October 2017
Monday 10:52 pm
13618 spacer
Really, .gs? No thread yet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41466116
8 posts omitted. Last 50 posts shown. Expand all images.
>> No. 13627 Anonymous
3rd October 2017
Tuesday 1:12 pm
13627 spacer
>>13623
That's enough from you /AsianMasculinity/-lad.
>> No. 13628 Anonymous
3rd October 2017
Tuesday 3:54 pm
13628 spacer
>>13626
>>13627
Fucking hell let's not start this shall we. We're not even ten posts in.
>> No. 13629 Anonymous
3rd October 2017
Tuesday 10:05 pm
13629 spacer
NRA suspiciously silent. It's almost as if they've realised that the whole bad guy/good guy thing doesn't really hold water when the bad guy is effectively sniping out of a 32nd floor window.
>> No. 13630 Anonymous
3rd October 2017
Tuesday 11:22 pm
13630 spacer
>>13629

IF ONLY MEMBERS OF THE CROWD WERE PERMITTED TO CARRY TELLESCOPIC RIFLES THEY COULD HAVE STOPPED HIM!!
>> No. 13631 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 12:12 am
13631 spacer

You read from bottom up.png
136311363113631
>>13629
>NRA suspiciously silent.

The shooting took place less than 48 hours ago and the full details of what happened have yet to be released. Frankly at this point anyone looking to score political points is a complete dickhead.
>> No. 13632 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 12:35 am
13632 spacer
>>13631
>The shooting took place less than 48 hours ago and the full details of what happened have yet to be released.
They're normally pretty quick to respond. In previous cases they've been very quick to pin the blame on gun-free zones preventing their mythical "good guy with a gun" from carrying, or intelligence failures that let daft militant wogs in to the country, or violent video games corrupting innocent minds. It looks like this time they're struggling to find anything useful to say in face of the fact that an otherwise normal human being took twenty guns into his hotel room and rained death from above.
>> No. 13633 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 12:56 am
13633 spacer
>>13632

After the Sandy Hook massacre, the NRA proposed putting an armed police officer in every school. I don't see what response they can concoct here - a country music festival in Nevada will be absolutely swimming with concealed carry weapons. Hell, the band had guns.

I dunno, maybe they'll propose that the security guards at major events should be equipped with rocket propelled grenades. Maybe there should have been an Apache gunship on standby. Maybe the only good answer to a bad guy with a gun is Type IV body armour and a ballistic helmet. Maybe they'll suggest that people in public places should run in a zig-zag pattern and try to use whatever hard cover is available.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHYC4ekzg60
>> No. 13634 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 1:14 am
13634 spacer

wat.png
136341363413634
Forgive theother-chan source but this seems interesting. Plenty of shit going on in this little old world of ours.
>> No. 13635 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 1:20 am
13635 spacer
>>13634
>stay inside tomorrow
>september 10
yep clearly related, not just the most recent random threat made by a channer
>> No. 13636 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 1:51 am
13636 spacer
>>13635
>i can't guarantee anything will happen tomorrow but las vegas is on their minds
>> No. 13637 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 10:27 am
13637 spacer
>>13633

Never run in a zig-zag pattern.
>> No. 13638 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 10:38 am
13638 spacer
>>13631
>your picture
Aside from the crassness of immediately blaming her political enemies. Does she not understand what a silencer does? As opposed to what they do in films.
>> No. 13639 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 11:01 am
13639 spacer
>>13638
>Aside from the crassness of immediately blaming her political enemies
To be fair, it is actually their fault.
>> No. 13640 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 11:56 am
13640 spacer
>>13639
Yeah I'm sick of these cunts saying we shouldn't 'politicise tragedies' as though they aren't already political issues with preventable causes. Obama did it, Trump does it all the fucking time, why is Clinton always your punching bag? Cos she's a hysterical woman right?
>> No. 13641 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 11:56 am
13641 spacer

c1fd5d06f0b9559361fb5cdc58a0678a.jpg
136411364113641
>>13631

>We can and must put politics aside

I don't know if I have ever read a statement as disingenuous as this, at least considering who it's coming from. It looks more like she is precisely trying to use the issue as a new chance to shine.

Hillary Clinton is like Margaret Thatcher on Prozac.
>> No. 13642 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 12:10 pm
13642 spacer
>>13641
The election was last year, Olginolad. No rubles for you.
>> No. 13643 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 1:45 pm
13643 spacer
>>13639

Not really, she tried to turn it into an argument about silencers. Which is irrelevant because the killer hadn't used a silencer.
The silencer is horribly misnamed, what they do is just augment the noise of a gun so it doesn't make the shooter deaf it is still loud and sounds like a gun shot. So no it wouldn't have aided them at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48xPuRM0T-M

If she had talked about banning automatic weapons, and bump stocks she might have had a point, but she wasn't it feels weird and tangential. It would be like if someone beat someone to death with a cricket bat and a politician came out and said that we must control the supply of cricket helmets.
>> No. 13644 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 2:09 pm
13644 spacer
>>13643
Well at least you were honest in ticking the autism box.
>> No. 13645 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 2:16 pm
13645 spacer
>>13644
Right next time there is a knife crime we should put control on the supplying of forks.
>> No. 13646 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 2:46 pm
13646 spacer
>>13643

Subsonic ammunition can be astonishingly quiet through a suppressor. 300 AAC Blackout will deliver a lethal amount of energy at up to 400 metres, but with a suppressor fitted the loudest sound will be the bolt cycling. It's a genuinely scary round. Even with supersonic ammunition, a silencer substantially conceals the shooter's location - there's effectively no muzzle flash and the loudest sound is the sonic boom of the round. If the Vegas shooter knew what he was doing, this incident could have been far worse.

I do think that Clinton is being opportunistic, but she isn't entirely wrong.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl0Vng0qMFo
>> No. 13647 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 3:10 pm
13647 spacer
>>13645
>I know, if I keep running with this nonsense comparison, maybe they'll accept it after all and I'll get my 5 rubles!
Give it a rest, m7.
>> No. 13648 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 4:19 pm
13648 spacer
>>13632
>They're normally pretty quick to respond.

Oh, you should probably back that up huh.

>>13647
>I know, if I keep running with this nonsense comparison, maybe they'll accept it after all and I'll get my 5 rubles!

Lad, do you think this is 4chan or something?
>> No. 13649 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 4:30 pm
13649 spacer
>>13648
>Lad, do you think this is 4chan or something?
Easy mistake to make, what with the way you're posting and all.
>> No. 13650 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 4:44 pm
13650 spacer
>>13647

Please explain how me arguing that the focus should be a ban on automatic weapons and tools to create automatic fire rather than on what you stick on the end of said gun is somehow Russian propaganda?
>> No. 13651 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 4:51 pm
13651 spacer
>>13650
Good work, lad. Just keep deflecting and nobody will notice.
>> No. 13652 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 4:58 pm
13652 spacer
>>13651

Deflect what? What does that even mean? Stop talking in Alex Jones riddles and state what you actually believe is going on here in express terms.
>> No. 13653 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 5:55 pm
13653 spacer
>>13650
The point is that both automatic weapons and silencers are problems when it comes to mass shootings, but because Clinton was the one who mentioned silencers, you think it's a fucking disgrace that we're talking about it at all.
>> No. 13654 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 6:03 pm
13654 spacer
>>13652
>Deflect what?
For a discussion about a mass shooting, you seem awfully insistent on shoehorning Hillary Clinton into it. Obsessively, one might say.
>> No. 13656 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 6:25 pm
13656 spacer
>>13653

I don't recall ever seeing a report of a mass shooting involving a silencer, but I've seen plenty with automatic weapons. Let me ask you this, which do you think you would be more successful with in a mass shooting, an automatic weapon on it's own or a silencer on a gun? The whistles and bells you attach to something are considerably less relevant.

>>13654
Because I thought her statement in the picture of another poster was really weird in the light of an attack with automatic weapons and no silencer? Like she was already had an agenda and tried to tie this in even though it wasn't wholly relevant. I mentioned it the one time, before someone with a tinfoil hat on jumped on my back, Election was 11 months ago, get over it no one cares what she is doing, I only care what she said because she was already brought up in another post, and because it seemed really odd.
>> No. 13657 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 6:55 pm
13657 spacer
>>13656
>I only care what she said because she was already brought up in another post, and because it seemed really odd
You're right, it was an odd thing to say. It would be like the Labour front bench making some content about Brexit while the House is debating the "Repeal Bill". That would be really fucking odd, wouldn't you think?
>> No. 13658 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 7:04 pm
13658 spacer
>>13649
So you do think you're posting on 4chan...

>>13653
>>13654
It's weird how you both assume there is only one poster here.

For the record, I posted Hillary and I did so because she is a notable figure in the Democratic party establishment who tweeted hours after the attack unlike the NRA who haven't run their mouths. People who do this are dangerous because they exploit public shock to push their own agenda which often doesn't fit and carries dubious benefits.

Now before you reply sit and have a think if you would be clapping along with my observation if it was a daft militant wog attack. I'm sure you would but this time you feel like it's your team doing it and that makes it okay, think about the children after all.
>> No. 13659 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 7:06 pm
13659 spacer
>>13657
>Labour front bench making some content about Brexit

Yeah, that'll be the fucking day.
>> No. 13660 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 7:16 pm
13660 spacer
>>13658
>People who do this are dangerous because they exploit public shock to push their own agenda which often doesn't fit and carries dubious benefits.
Go on. Do explain to us how you think Hillary discussing current business "doesn't fit and carries dubious benefits".
>> No. 13661 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 7:25 pm
13661 spacer
>>13658
>unlike the NRA who haven't run their mouths
As has been pointed out, this isn't because they're somehow decent human beings, it's because they have nothing to say. None of their usual bogeymen were in play. It was in Vegas, so they couldn't blame it on the want of a "good guy with a gun". The shooter was an old white man, so they couldn't blame it on video games. The shooter was thirty floors up, so the "good guy with a gun" couldn't exactly shoot back. Most importantly, they don't want to be seen to come out against gun legislation right at the time when the silencer bill they've been pushing is before Congress (again).
>> No. 13662 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 7:35 pm
13662 spacer
>>13660
Are we just going to go around in circles on this?

'Current business' is collecting the facts and sending condolences not talking out your arse about silencers despite one not even being used at the shooting.

>>13661
Or they don't usually come out right after a shooting with a comment. I've yet to see any kind of evidence for your original claim which I imagine is because you were chatting shit.
>> No. 13663 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 7:53 pm
13663 spacer
>>13662
>'Current business' is collecting the facts and sending condolences
Whatever you say, m7. My mate's nan just died, better put Brexit on hold while the local MP collects the facts and sends condolences.

Are you naturally this daft or do you practice at it?
>> No. 13664 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 9:19 pm
13664 spacer
When is the appropriate time to discuss tighter firearms legislation in the US, lad? This happens all the time so the answer is whenever.
>> No. 13665 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 9:35 pm
13665 spacer
>>13664
The Onion response of printing the same article over and over is brilliant.
>> No. 13666 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 9:37 pm
13666 spacer
>>13664
I can't speak for anyone else, but IMO the absolute best time to discuss gun legislation in the US is when there's gun legislation before (or about to come before) Congress. Such as the SHARE bill currently before Congress, which includes provisions easing restrictions on silencers.
>> No. 13668 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 10:56 pm
13668 spacer
I don't think there's any appropriate time to discuss US domestic legislation.
>> No. 13669 Anonymous
4th October 2017
Wednesday 11:07 pm
13669 spacer
Obvious answers aside, you really have to wonder how a country just lets this sort of thing happen over and over again.

Do they quietly accept it as population control? Some 8,000 Americans, outside of the military mind you, die from gunfire every year. In Britain, there are between 50 and 60 gunshot deaths each year. While Britain does have one-fifth the total population of the United States.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/06/16/gun-violence-united-kingdom-united-states/85994716/


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRGp0S7qZLw
>> No. 13670 Anonymous
5th October 2017
Thursday 1:24 am
13670 spacer
>>13669
To properly contextualise your statistic, Britain has 1/5 of the population while having 1/160 the gun death rate.
>> No. 13671 Anonymous
5th October 2017
Thursday 11:02 am
13671 spacer
>>13670

I was counting on .gs being able to do some of the maths themselves.
>> No. 13672 Anonymous
5th October 2017
Thursday 12:33 pm
13672 spacer
>>13671
And I thought I'd save everybody some time.
>> No. 13676 Anonymous
5th October 2017
Thursday 9:54 pm
13676 spacer
>>13672
>And I thought I'd save everybody some time.

How are people on here going to become capable of independent thought if you do all the thinking for them?
>> No. 13677 Anonymous
5th October 2017
Thursday 9:58 pm
13677 spacer
>>13676
I didn't realise maths was a field requiring independent thought.
>> No. 13678 Anonymous
5th October 2017
Thursday 10:13 pm
13678 spacer
>>13677

Maybe it isn't. It can't hurt to practice your theoretical thinking skills though.

And maths could be well be called the supreme form of theoretical thinking. People who are shit at it often also can't process complex thought well.
>> No. 13679 Anonymous
5th October 2017
Thursday 10:24 pm
13679 spacer
>>13664
A few days after when facts emerge. The NRA response has been to campaign for a tightening on modifications that allow effective automatic firing.

>In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.
https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

Certainly seems better thought out than offering your condolences and then immediately listing off hypotheticals.
>> No. 13680 Anonymous
5th October 2017
Thursday 10:58 pm
13680 spacer
>>13679
>listing off hypotheticals.
Thank fuck nobody's been doing that then, right?
>> No. 13681 Anonymous
5th October 2017
Thursday 11:10 pm
13681 spacer
>>13679
>The NRA response has been to campaign for a tightening on modifications that allow effective automatic firing.
No, they're doing no such thing. Read the statement again. They're looking for some detail that will let them engage their usual tactic of othering the shooter. If their response is to "campaign for" anything, it's the bit about concealed carry reciprocity, which appears to have been tacked on the end for no reason whatsoever.

Return ] Entire Thread ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password