|>>|| No. 12383
To be honest, if you don't know the differences between a death cap and a horse mushroom then you shouldn't even be thinking of eating wild mushrooms. Yes, you need to be careful, and I've written most of the scare posts in this thread. With respect, though, there's a point beyond which being careful is simply depriving yourself of a tasty meal. Avoiding horse and field mushrooms comes under that for me. (In this case, it's not particularly hard to stay safe from a dodgy belly, and certainly not hard to avoid an agonising death - just follow the identification guidelines, don't ever eat juvenile agarics, etc.)
Or you can limit yourself to finding good bolete patches, like you/the other lad in here, even if they are a 20+ mile drive away. I'm not meaning to be snarky, that's a valid choice, and if I had the option, at this point I'd probably avoid gilled mushrooms too.