[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
politics

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply [Last 50 posts]
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 83589)
Message
File  []
close
westminster.jpg
835898358983589
>> No. 83589 Anonymous
27th October 2017
Friday 6:10 pm
83589 spacer
FEMALE STAFF AT WESTMINSTER ARE NAMING AND SHAMING SEX PEST MPS ON A SECRET WHATSAPP GROUP, IT HAS BEEN REVEALED.

Yeah, whoever it was in /iq/ that said this deserves to be a real thread is quite right. This is going to blow up badly for some people and I think we should share the details consider it carefully. I know that the odd politico type comes here, spill the fucking beans!
82 posts omitted. Last 50 posts shown. Expand all images.
>> No. 83691 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 2:27 am
83691 spacer
Just a suggestion, but you lot might want to look at Scottish figures since they include 'not proven' as a verdict.
>> No. 83692 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 2:44 am
83692 spacer
>>83691
Stop encouraging this cunt off.
>> No. 83693 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 3:24 am
83693 spacer
>>83690
>I read the relevant part of the report.
The rest of your post suggests otherwise.
>> No. 83694 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 3:52 am
83694 spacer
The stupid(er) Hitchens brother has some desperate, controversy baiting, nonsense on this.

>You (he means people complaining about sexual harassment) have lots in common with Militant Islamists on this subject. They, too, believe that all men must be assumed to be slavering predators.

Wrong and wrong. Islamists think women are all harlots who corrupt men, not vice versa, and even within Westminster the number of men accused are a very small minority, so not even a majority, never mind "all". Then he helpfully goes on to suggest this.

>The welfare system is about to melt down. And you think the most important thing in your lives is a hunt for long-ago cases of wandering hands, or tellers of coarse jokes? Yes, you do.

Meaning they should just wait for one of those quieter months in Parliament before mentioning anything the frequent and ongoing sexual misconduct.

It must be hard needing to disagree with everyone, all of the time, forever and ever. And I know it suits the far-right's rhetoric to equate and confuse Islamism (their own ideological bedfellows) with social liberalism, but to do so in an article where you also bemoan PDAs just takes the piss and mick flavoured biscuit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-5050887/What-women-gain-squawking-sex-pests-Niqab.html
>> No. 83695 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 4:15 am
83695 spacer
>>83694
>Meaning they should just wait for one of those quieter months in Parliament before mentioning anything the frequent and ongoing sexual misconduct.
He sounds like my boss, who insists we're too busy fighting fires to make the sort of changes that would mean fewer fires.
>> No. 83696 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 5:46 am
83696 spacer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaydTJqZoIM
>> No. 83697 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 9:50 am
83697 spacer
>>83694

>Islamists think women are all harlots who corrupt men

They might be on to something, you know.

>Meaning they should just wait for one of those quieter months in Parliament before mentioning anything the frequent and ongoing sexual misconduct.

I mean frankly it's hard to sympathise with a load of attention whoring bints when you're struggling to get out of rent arrears just so you can afford the bus fare to the food bank.

I'm being intentionally obtuse of course but it's very, very difficult not to see this scandal as a ploy by various enemies of the Tory party and/or Brexit opponents. Hitchens is one of those broken clock cases, he accidentally has a good point every now and again.
>> No. 83698 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 12:17 pm
83698 spacer
>>83693
Of course I didn't that's why I didnt quote any of the report, or stats from it.
>> No. 83699 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 1:56 pm
83699 spacer
>>83697

The whole affair started as an attack on Labour by Guido Fawkes. He either got a tip or went digging and found the embarrassingly misogynist posts by Jared O'Mara. Someone on the red team fired back by tipping off the press about the Whatsapp group, which was followed by a leak of the Tory shit list.

I think that the Tories have plenty of dirt to fire back, but they're cleaning house first. The Tories have always been far better at decisive and unified action (c.f. the leadership election process), which they can press to an advantage here. If they sack enough people to convince the press that they've dealt with the issue, they then have carte blanche to attack Labour.

If the rumours are to be believed, some fairly senior people within the Labour party have been complicit in covering up multiple rapes. If the Tories have just sacked a load of people for touching knees and saying slightly inappropriate things, these allegations look infinitely worse. Going by their track record, Corbyn's team won't be able to orchestrate a decent damage-limitation strategy.

Of course, if there's more serious dirt on the Tories yet to be uncovered, it could be equally damaging to both sides.
>> No. 83700 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 2:20 pm
83700 spacer
>>83699
Fuck me. What a useless country. At least the Americans houses aren't this fucked up.
>> No. 83701 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 2:55 pm
83701 spacer
>>83698
Good to see you're getting it. Now go and read it instead of just using Ctrl-F.
>> No. 83702 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 4:11 pm
83702 spacer
>>83700
You sure about that?
>> No. 83703 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 4:21 pm
83703 spacer
>>83701
I'm sorry I read your report and found it to be lies and statistics composed in bad faith towards an agenda. It would be nice if it was only 9.4% of rape accusations that were false but it isn't. It is just lies and statistics.


To quote the part on insufficient evidence and therefore cases reported as insufficient evidence in the paper
"For the remaining cases, police decision-making turned on evidential issues connected to the complainant, largely where the victim’s account was either regarded with suspicion or not supported by other evidence: in 17 cases the victim’s credibility was explicitly referred to; in 10 cases the issue of previous allegations was seen to cast doubt on the current complaint; in 27 inconsistencies or lies were referred to; and in 26 the police and/or CPS took the view that sex was consensual".

If victims lying and consensual sex is insufficient evidence rather than false allegations of rape I'm a banana.
>> No. 83704 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 4:35 pm
83704 spacer
>>83699
>Going by their track record, Corbyn's team won't be able to orchestrate a decent damage-limitation strategy.
Well what do you know? Right on schedule:

>Jeremy Corbyn has defended his decision to appoint an MP to his shadow cabinet who had been reprimanded for allegations of inappropriate behaviour.
>The Labour leader said he was aware Kelvin Hopkins had been rebuked by the party's chief whip in 2015 after concerns raised by a young activist.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41878689

I guess we're back to the times when he couldn't open his mouth without putting his foot in it.
>> No. 83705 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 4:38 pm
83705 spacer
>>83703
>B-b-but the numbers must be wrong!
Now you're just being deliberately obtuse.
>> No. 83706 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 5:25 pm
83706 spacer
>>83705

You mean where they are demonstrably wrong? Yes.
>> No. 83707 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 5:39 pm
83707 spacer
>>83706
You're right. Clearly this peer-reviewed report commissioned and accepted by the Home Office is wrong because some random bloke off the internet said so.
>> No. 83708 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 6:04 pm
83708 spacer
I went to a consent class at my uni run by a girl from the feminist society, she crunched the number of several different studies and surveys and arrived at the figure of 95% of women having been raped in the past.
>> No. 83709 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 6:32 pm
83709 spacer
>>83708

If you think that's bad, 100% of the population either have died or will die.
>> No. 83710 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 6:47 pm
83710 spacer
>>83707
What makes you think the home office is interested in accurate statistics. The correct conclusion is the one that confirms what the government of the day's agenda is. And what makes you think academia, has any interest in anything other than reinforcing the consensus and that peer-review is remotely meaningful in social sciences. Clearly you have never worked in either.


I'm not expecting you to beleive a random bloke on the internet what I expect is that If my assessment is wrong, it shouldn't be too hard for you to explain how my interpretation here >>83703 and here >>83690 is wrong, given I've set quite clear boundaries of where I think there are issues. It is alright I'll wait.
>> No. 83711 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 6:49 pm
83711 spacer
>>83709

That can't be true, I know loads of people who haven't died.
>> No. 83712 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 7:06 pm
83712 spacer
>>83711
Give it time.
>> No. 83713 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 7:30 pm
83713 spacer
>>83710
>What makes you think the home office is interested in accurate statistics.
2/10 SEE ME
>> No. 83714 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 7:54 pm
83714 spacer
>>83713

I can't see you, it is a message board.

0/10 MUST TRY HARDER
>> No. 83715 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 8:13 pm
83715 spacer
>>83710
You really are a moron. Quite impressive.
>> No. 83716 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 10:16 pm
83716 spacer
>>83715

>I can't prove you are wrong, so I'll just insult you.

Oh okay.
>> No. 83717 Anonymous
5th November 2017
Sunday 10:26 pm
83717 spacer
Are you two still at it? Fucking hell, what a way to spend a weekend.
>> No. 83718 Anonymous
7th November 2017
Tuesday 5:07 pm
83718 spacer
>An ex-Welsh Labour minister who faced a party investigation into allegations about his personal conduct has taken his own life, it is understood.

Carl Sargeant, 49, lost his job as cabinet secretary for communities and children last Friday. He was suspended from Labour after the first minister learned of a number of alleged incidents involving women.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-41904161

I guess we'll never know whether he truly did it or if he felt there was no way out from the pressure of the witch-hunt and trial by media.
>> No. 83719 Anonymous
7th November 2017
Tuesday 7:04 pm
83719 spacer
>>83718
Maybe he used his position as secretary for communities and children to diddle kids.
>> No. 83720 Anonymous
7th November 2017
Tuesday 8:25 pm
83720 spacer
>>83718

I'm not sure >>83719 is on the money, but that does seem like an overreaction or perhaps he's had past issues with his mental health and this was, sadly, too much.

Maybe he was just a massive pervert and died having a strangle wank?
>> No. 83721 Anonymous
7th November 2017
Tuesday 9:40 pm
83721 spacer
>>83720

I've never diddled anyone, but I think if people started saying I was in the papers and I lost my job over it I'd probably be well on the path to topping myself too.
>> No. 83723 Anonymous
7th November 2017
Tuesday 10:53 pm
83723 spacer
>>83721
It reminds me of a story I got from a libel lawyer of how he ended up in the profession despite its less-than-idealistic reputation.

He had once practiced family law as a new barrister and loved his job until one day he was representing the father in a messy divorce. The mother had made up a complete bullshit story that he had diddled their daughter and the father was barely hanging on. There was absolutely no evidence that he had done anything of course but still, at the end of that days session the judge ordered him put in the cells. The barrister did everything he could to stop this, even being threatened by the judge himself but there was no way to bring reason into the equation.

That night the father hung himself. If I was in a position where I was convinced I was going to be sent down for something like that I would do the same.
>> No. 83724 Anonymous
7th November 2017
Tuesday 10:54 pm
83724 spacer

paedofinder_04.png
837248372483724
That's the thing really. Allegations of this sort are enough to ruin your career and reputation, regardless of whether or not they are true. The mere accusation is enough to discredit someone and colour their reputation for years to come.

I mean, what's the actual argument against anonymity for alleged perpetrators of crime? Why isn't that a thing, considering the level of ethical restraint our media can be relied on to display these days?

You can read into it however you want. He topped himself before the sordid truth came spilling out, or it was just the tragic straw that broke the camel's back. The fact he is now dead is a failure of civilised justice either way.
>> No. 83725 Anonymous
7th November 2017
Tuesday 11:12 pm
83725 spacer
>>83724
>I mean, what's the actual argument against anonymity for alleged perpetrators of crime?

It creates a situation where the police are dragging people from their homes with nobody knowing what they did wrong. The dreaded midnight knock is one of the hallmarks of a totalitarian regime and of course, often justified to protect people.

The results are often disastrous when the public knows what someone is accused of sure, but the other side of the coin is a system of justice without accountability.
>> No. 83726 Anonymous
7th November 2017
Tuesday 11:15 pm
83726 spacer
>>83725
There's also the argument that naming offenders encourages other victims to come forward. It's not always the first one that gets you, as Bill Clinton found out.
>> No. 83727 Anonymous
7th November 2017
Tuesday 11:28 pm
83727 spacer
>>83726
It encourages chancers to come forward too, which makes them look more guilty regardless of the facts.
I dunno, not trying to get into this debate here, just my thoughts on your post.
>> No. 83728 Anonymous
7th November 2017
Tuesday 11:30 pm
83728 spacer
>>83727
You're right, we should forget about any other potential victims in case someone tries it on.
>> No. 83729 Anonymous
7th November 2017
Tuesday 11:32 pm
83729 spacer
>>83728
That's not what I said. But a reasonable point.
>> No. 83730 Anonymous
9th November 2017
Thursday 4:47 pm
83730 spacer
>>83727
What do these phantom 'chancers' have to gain?

If you say fame and fortune, do you remember the names of anyone who accused Jimmy Savile? Have any of the current victims sued for damages, or said that they will?

I mean no-one ever accuses victims of burglary of having smashed their own windows and thrown away their possessions for attention, do they?
>> No. 83731 Anonymous
9th November 2017
Thursday 5:15 pm
83731 spacer
>>83730
Compo. Attention.

They might be fantasists, like that woman who thought she was literally raped by the character Ken Barlow rather than Bill Roache.
>> No. 83732 Anonymous
9th November 2017
Thursday 5:35 pm
83732 spacer
Slight tangent, but Priti's replacement would seriously get it.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh--JQybzQ
>> No. 83733 Anonymous
9th November 2017
Thursday 5:42 pm
83733 spacer
>>83732

I'd cause disarray in her back bench IYKWIM.
>> No. 83734 Anonymous
10th November 2017
Friday 12:15 am
83734 spacer
>>83732

I appreciate the irony of appointing such a blatantly filthy tomboy tart in the midst of this scandal.
>> No. 83735 Anonymous
10th November 2017
Friday 12:40 am
83735 spacer
>>83734

I'd prepare her for a hard brexit IYKWIM.
>> No. 83737 Anonymous
10th November 2017
Friday 1:49 am
83737 spacer
>>83735
I'd enter her lobby IYKWIM.

I'd take her whip IYKWIM.

I'd ask her to accept an intervention IYKWIM.

I'd observe her pair IYKWIM.

I'd rise inside her chamber IYKWIM.

What do you know? Parliament really is full of smut.
>> No. 83738 Anonymous
10th November 2017
Friday 1:53 am
83738 spacer
>>83732
Phwoar she could be first past my post IYKWIM
>> No. 83739 Anonymous
10th November 2017
Friday 8:25 pm
83739 spacer
>>83732
I'd have sex with her IYKWIM.
>> No. 83742 Anonymous
10th November 2017
Friday 9:44 pm
83742 spacer
>>83739

Lad. Really.
>> No. 83743 Anonymous
10th November 2017
Friday 9:54 pm
83743 spacer
>>83739
I'm not sure what you mean.
>> No. 83744 Anonymous
10th November 2017
Friday 9:58 pm
83744 spacer
This is exactly what I expected in the thread about sexual harassment. Keep up the good work, lads.

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password