[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
problems

Return ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 26668)
Message
File  []
close
vlcsnap-2010-01-11-02h00m11s81.png
266682666826668
>> No. 26668 Anonymous
18th May 2018
Friday 7:28 pm
26668 spacer
I've developed a debilitating fear of going to prison for no real reason and it's impacting me. I keep sweating out the thought of being in a prison and my life afterwards with no job and a criminal record.

I'm also starting to suffer with my mental health to a bad degree. It sounds awful, but I never thought it'd be me, and for a large part, I never really understood it.

It's absolutely ruining my life but I'm too ashamed to get help because I feel like the association with mental illness and depression and phobias is that you're some crazed person trying to kill themselves.

I work in a good steady job and nobody would know any different, I just seem like a high performing happy lad.

I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Thanks
Expand all images.
>> No. 26669 Anonymous
18th May 2018
Friday 8:03 pm
26669 spacer
>>26668
Lad you've no reason to fear going to prison, i know you probably fear and loathe reading this but it's true.

It's all in your head lad. You really have to try to be the level of dickhead it takes to get thrown in prison.

As for the mental health stuff, you should definitely go and talk to your GP, talk to them about it and tell them you want some help, they can refer you to someone who knows what they're doing. Don't be surprised if they offer you some citilopram on the way out though, they're non habit forming happy pills that work slowly over the course of a few weeks and they really can take the edge off of intrusive thoughts and depression. I've been on them before and they did me a world of good.

Nobody in your personal or professional life needs to know if you dont want them to. My family didnt know for shit for years until my brother told me he went to the doctors about depression and stress and I offered up my experience with it and he's the only one who knows. it's easy to keep under wraps if you dont want people all up in your shit.
>> No. 26670 Anonymous
18th May 2018
Friday 8:26 pm
26670 spacer
>>26668
You're suffering in silence because of internalised mental health stigma. What you need to understand is that there is no shame in having a condition or seeking help for it.

Think about it: you say you can hide it and work normally. Have you considered how many people at your workplace are doing exactly the same thing? How many have depression or anxiety or schizophrenia and are just coping with it or managing it and you can't tell?

Do yourself a favour and seek treatment. If you go to a doctor with a broken arm they don't automatically assume you tried to throw yourself off a balcony. There is no way they would jump to any conclusions in the same way if you come to them with a mental health issue. They are required by their profession to be non-judgemental.
>> No. 26671 Anonymous
18th May 2018
Friday 9:39 pm
26671 spacer
>>26669
>>26670

You can ask for a talking therapy session and you will receive it fairly quickly, but it will only be useless babbling. If you think that you need a psychiatrist you will have to wait about 8 months. Go private.
>> No. 26672 Anonymous
18th May 2018
Friday 11:30 pm
26672 spacer
Mate the world has never been more open and understanding about mental health than it has been now, get some 'help', it's called 'help' because it helps.

All the best matey.

Return ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password