[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
problems

Return ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 27337)
Message
File  []
close
6month.jpg
273372733727337
>> No. 27337 Anonymous
12th September 2018
Wednesday 12:09 pm
27337 'He's got to go'
Ultimatum from the missus. Our 5 month old puppy ran off, she spent 20 minutes chasing him down. Final straw, apparently.
She's livid.
Trying to work out what to do. Losing her temper and smacking him around is imho unacceptable. He's just a puppy, being a puppy. Why the fuck can't she see that (and keep him on a lead when he can escape, rather than allowing him to get into situations which piss her off so much. It's as if she likes the fight, or is too dumb to see the possibility?)
Granted, he can be a pain in the arse.
Ah, fuck's sake. I dunno. If this turns into a 'me or the dog' situation, I don't know which way I'll jump. I can't handle her temper.
Pic somewhat related.
Expand all images.
>> No. 27338 Anonymous
12th September 2018
Wednesday 12:13 pm
27338 spacer
People who get angry at dogs, or animals in general for that matter, are retards. It's like getting angry with the wind, it's all just doing its thing, come what may. Irritating, sure, but if it makes a person angry, then that person's dumb or rotten.
>> No. 27339 Anonymous
12th September 2018
Wednesday 1:29 pm
27339 spacer
First rule of emo m8. Hitting a puppy is mental slag behaviour.
>> No. 27340 Anonymous
12th September 2018
Wednesday 2:02 pm
27340 spacer
Call the police.
>> No. 27341 Anonymous
12th September 2018
Wednesday 4:06 pm
27341 spacer
A) How long have you been with her?

B) Who's idea was it to get the dog?

C) Is she prone to outbursts of anger like that normally?
>> No. 27342 Anonymous
12th September 2018
Wednesday 5:40 pm
27342 spacer
Dump the bitch. Keep the dog.
>> No. 27343 Anonymous
13th September 2018
Thursday 10:45 am
27343 spacer
>>27338
> It's like getting angry with the wind, it's all just doing its thing, come what may. Irritating, sure, but if it makes a person angry
Well, I suspected I was mental.
Sage for being off-topic. But it hit the nerve.
>> No. 27345 Anonymous
13th September 2018
Thursday 2:28 pm
27345 spacer
Who the fuck hits a puppy? Huge red flag m8
>> No. 27346 Anonymous
13th September 2018
Thursday 4:21 pm
27346 spacer
There's no way this can end well if you stay with her. She's proved herself to be unstable, petty, and cruel. The fact you're posting here means you're not okay with what she's done, and I doubt anyone here would encourage you to give her a second chance. You deserve better, and so does that dog.
>> No. 27347 Anonymous
13th September 2018
Thursday 8:02 pm
27347 spacer
>>27343
I think it would better for everyone to simply amend your behaviour, and besides you could make an argument my entire point is flawed. I’m no authority on anything.
>> No. 27348 Anonymous
14th September 2018
Friday 10:16 am
27348 spacer
>>27347
> you could make an argument my entire point is flawed
Not really.
Then again I get too much riled up when it's pissing rain (or downpour, whatever) and I have to go to work.
Aw, sod it.
>> No. 27349 Anonymous
14th September 2018
Friday 1:22 pm
27349 spacer
>>27348
Getting a bit riled up by bad weather is perfectly normal though; getting punchy because of it is another thing entirely. I wouldn't stay a minute longer with a girl I'd seen be abusive to pets.
>> No. 27350 Anonymous
14th September 2018
Friday 4:08 pm
27350 spacer
>>27349
Nay, not punchy. But sometimes I tend to think I'm overreacting.
Can't do anything about that really. Even with full awareness that it's something I can't control.

Awright, it's high time for me to bugger off. Sorry for derailling your thread, OP.
>> No. 27351 Anonymous
14th September 2018
Friday 4:27 pm
27351 spacer
OP here - No worries m8, and take it as easy as you can.

There's been a lot of tiptoeing around and avoiding the discussion we really need to have. I'm utterly swamped with work, really could do without this right now.
>> No. 27352 Anonymous
14th September 2018
Friday 4:46 pm
27352 spacer
>>27351
Your first responsibility is to get that dog out of that situation. If you want to um and ah and put off dealing with things to avoid confrontation that's your choice but the dog doesn't have one. Give him to someone who won't beat him, today.
>> No. 27353 Anonymous
14th September 2018
Friday 5:18 pm
27353 spacer
>>27352
The dog is not getting beaten, and is a happy puppy. Do not fret.
It's not some stockholm syndrome by proxy thing (but I would say that, wouldn't I...)
>> No. 27354 Anonymous
14th September 2018
Friday 5:29 pm
27354 spacer
>>27353
Can you clarify? Did she beat the puppy? If not, why did you say it? If she did beat the puppy 'just the once', how can you be so sure it won't happen again? As the poster above said, get the dog away from her. She is a risk to it.
>> No. 27355 Anonymous
14th September 2018
Friday 7:01 pm
27355 spacer
>>27353

But you said :

>Losing her temper and smacking him around

Which sounds very much like she hit the dog. Even if it was once, that is enough to know she shouldn't be around the dog, and you'll be doing yourself a favour getting shot of her too.
>> No. 27380 Anonymous
17th September 2018
Monday 1:11 am
27380 spacer
Revisionist post pruning so that only one side of a debate as to whether a dog is in danger shows up? On my britfa?
>> No. 27382 Anonymous
17th September 2018
Monday 4:27 am
27382 spacer
>>27380

Deleting anything that isn't direct advice or a question to the OP, i.e the miasma of shite that happened (on both sides) after certain comments.

It was pretty obvious the other comments, again, both sides of the argument, were not helping OP and were possibly scaring them away - so they were removed. This is how /emo/ should always work, and will always work when I'm awake, anyway, or as long as the other, bigger, scarier mods agree with me

If you want a discussion about the moral relativism of animal cruelty, you're more than welcome to take it to any other board. But it was not appropriate for /emo/, despite being tangentially related to the post, and was careening off into cuntoff land.

>> No. 27385 Anonymous
17th September 2018
Monday 11:14 am
27385 spacer
>>27382

I'm usually the first to criticize heavy handed modding, but I think you've made the right call here, good job.
>> No. 27386 Anonymous
17th September 2018
Monday 11:44 am
27386 spacer
Just sell it to your local chinese restaurant

Have you considered a dog borstall or that strange woman (Victoria Stilwell) who used to train dogs on channel 4?
>> No. 27410 Anonymous
22nd September 2018
Saturday 8:19 pm
27410 spacer
OP here.
I didn't see what she did to the dog, so was relying on what she told me, in her pissed off state.
In calmer circumstances, she said she caught him, brought him home, smacked his arse, and that was it. I'd say that was the wrong order, at the least, but it wasn't what I'd been imagining.
Puppy is seriously fine. Curled up with her on the sofa watching some bollocks or other on telly. He's not traumatised, still loves us both, like only a 6 month puppy can.
He now goes to daycare on days when I'm not working from home, so she doesn't get ratty about being disturbed all the time. He _loves_ daycare. Things are good.
I was a tad low when I posted, and it probably shows in the posting.
>> No. 27411 Anonymous
22nd September 2018
Saturday 8:22 pm
27411 spacer
Also - I did read all the replies, and the cuntoff.
It was reassuring.
When alien zombies land and start sucking brains and laying waste to the planet, I shall expect the same.
>> No. 27412 Anonymous
23rd September 2018
Sunday 12:21 am
27412 spacer
Absolutely no need to strike a dog for such things.

She's a mentalist and you're a wimp beating around the bush.
>> No. 27413 Anonymous
23rd September 2018
Sunday 1:06 am
27413 spacer
>>27410

It still seems like a red flag to be so pissed off at an innocent creature. If she doesn't understand the puppy's not trying to personally offend her, then I can't imagine her being great at human empathy either.
>> No. 27414 Anonymous
23rd September 2018
Sunday 9:34 am
27414 spacer
Yeah, life's not perfect - nor's she, nor am I.
There's no more accusing the dog of deliberately pissing her off, and, because (sane) reasons, I believe she really believes this.
We muddle on, and life's pretty good for all of us. Lots of other things to worry about, but this, I think, has passed.
>> No. 27425 Anonymous
24th September 2018
Monday 8:43 pm
27425 spacer
>>27410
>she said she caught him, brought him home, smacked his arse, and that was it
Alright well admittedly that doesn't sound so bad. Not great, obviously, but not necessarily crossing into utter mentalist territory.

The lads who are still judging her might want to consider whether they'd say a bloke who gets into a drunken scrap outside a pub after a war of words is similarly unhinged and shouldn't be in a relationship, because that would probably describe half of all men.
>> No. 27426 Anonymous
24th September 2018
Monday 9:17 pm
27426 spacer
>>27425

>The lads who are still judging her might want to consider whether they'd say a bloke who gets into a drunken scrap outside a pub after a war of words is similarly unhinged and shouldn't be in a relationship

That's not really the same though, is it? Fighting a bloke for some petty reason in a pub is still (typically) a fight between two consenting parties, I've you've ever been in a fight or seen one unfold it's incredibly rare that one party just sucker punches the other, it's always pretty clear to both sides they're about to have a scrap, so it's hardly a direct comparison. If his missus' teenage brother went missing, and he had to do find him, and when he did find him he punched him in the face for ruining his night, that'd be pretty similar. Or if a dog bit your leg I'd probably not be telling your girlfriend to leave you if you punched it in the head/stuck a thumb up its arse.

Context is important, really.
>> No. 27427 Anonymous
25th September 2018
Tuesday 12:55 am
27427 spacer
>>27425

>The lads who are still judging her might want to consider whether they'd say a bloke who gets into a drunken scrap outside a pub after a war of words is similarly unhinged

It's a massive red flag. If a bloke can't control his temper outside a pub, there's a very real chance that he won't control his temper at home. I have friends that I'd warn women to avoid, because they're just too willing to solve disagreements with their fists. Domestic violence and abuse is far more common than most people would care to imagine.
>> No. 27428 Anonymous
25th September 2018
Tuesday 1:30 am
27428 spacer
>>27427
I used to scoff at stuff like this but it's true. I don't know if I'd extend the principle as far as dogs but the just-scary-enough bloke who flies off the handle at the drop of a hat with other scary blokes he meets who are just like him but would die before he'd ever raise his hand to [insert person or group here] does not exist. Stay away from anyone who is willing to use violence as anything other than a last resort in any situation.
>> No. 27439 Anonymous
26th September 2018
Wednesday 6:45 pm
27439 spacer
>>27425
> The lads who are still judging her might want to consider whether they'd say a bloke who gets into a drunken scrap outside a pub after a war of words is similarly unhinged and shouldn't be in a relationship, because that would probably describe half of all men.

>>27427
It's a massive red flag. If a bloke can't control his temper outside a pub, there's a very real chance that he won't control his temper at home. I have friends that I'd warn women to avoid, because they're just too willing to solve disagreements with their fists.

There might be an age gap issue here. Lads in 18-25 range having a scrap outside the pub at closing time is different from men in their late 30s and 40s doing the same

I agree largely with >>27425; I think that all men have within them a natural and innate capacity for violence but it's up to them to learn how to control it over the years.
>> No. 27440 Anonymous
26th September 2018
Wednesday 6:55 pm
27440 spacer
>>27439
No. If it was actually consensual there would be a universal signal that everyone knew indicated "look mate, I really am just out for a quiet drink". There isn't. Even the fact that you assume I'd be looking for a fight just because I'm under 30 proves the point.
>> No. 27441 Anonymous
26th September 2018
Wednesday 7:06 pm
27441 spacer
>>27440
> Even the fact that you assume I'd be looking for a fight just because I'm under 30 proves the point.

No, it'd be because you'd been calling my mates and I all sorts of cunt and saying things such as "come on then you cunt outside" and the tedious like.

Once I got to about the age of 24-25 or so I started leaving pubs at the first sign of any agro; I'd been in so many bust ups in my teens and early twenties (hanging about with the wrong crowd) that I had almost a sixth sense about when they'd go off and I'd seen enough of them to know what I wanted no more part in them.

How does the old saying go? "No one likes prison, but some people just don't dislike it enough".
>> No. 27442 Anonymous
26th September 2018
Wednesday 7:14 pm
27442 spacer
>>27441
>Once I got to about the age of 24-25 or so I started leaving pubs at the first sign of any agro; I'd been in so many bust ups in my teens and early twenties (hanging about with the wrong crowd) that I had almost a sixth sense about when they'd go off and I'd seen enough of them to know what I wanted no more part in them.

This is the point.

I don't want to do this. I don't want to live like this. If you're going around with violence just beneath the surface then don't come and try to drink with me like you're a normal person. I didn't hit people when I was under 25, I don't hit people now, I don't want to hit people in the future.

Excusing it as "boys will be boys" is unhelpful. It's one step away from "that guy's tall, he must be trying to fight me" or "that bloke wouldn't ask me to leave him alone except to annoy me so I'll give him what he wants". Let me get drunk in peace.
>> No. 27443 Anonymous
26th September 2018
Wednesday 7:35 pm
27443 spacer
>>27442

I'm making a bit of an assumption here but I think you drink/drank in slightly less rough pubs than I did (and good for you).

There are certain situations where, if you don't get out at the very first sign of agro, then you are going to be in a fight whether you want to be or not.

Saying "Steady on old chap I really don't want to engage in fisticuffs today" doesn't really cut the mustard when you're about to get a half-full bottle of becks over the bonce.

> Excusing it as "boys will be boys" is unhelpful. It's one step away from "that guy's tall, he must be trying to fight me" or "that bloke wouldn't ask me to leave him alone except to annoy me so I'll give him what he wants". Let me get drunk in peace.

I think you've missed the point. I'm not trying to excuse anything, merely state that younger lads tend to be more pissed up and more testosterone fueled than some older guys who are more likely out for a quiet drink (but, again, not always).

The main problem is, no matter how much you want to be left alone for a quiet drink, there will be a certain percentage of pubs where someone will just not like the look of you from the moment you walk in - and before anyone preaches about flat roofed pubs I've seen someone almost get glassed in the neck in an All Bar One in fucking Chiswick if it weren't for the actions of two incredibly ballsy and no doubt underpaid security lads.
>> No. 27444 Anonymous
26th September 2018
Wednesday 8:03 pm
27444 spacer
>>27443
Actually it's clear to me that we drank/drink(?) in the same kinds of places. I have a chip on my shoulder about this precisely because I've had to deal with it constantly for as long as I can remember. Posh kids come to shit pubs when they're already drunk expecting an episode of EastEnders or whatever.

> I'm not trying to excuse anything, merely state that younger lads tend to be more pissed up and more testosterone fueled than some older guys

I have been an alcoholic since I was 16. It's not about the situation it's about the lad with something to prove, just like any and all other circumstances where one person wants a fight and decides to make it happen.
>> No. 27446 Anonymous
27th September 2018
Thursday 5:36 pm
27446 spacer
>>27427

Exactly. And the thing about it with a lass is that they tend to also have that air about them where they've learned over the years how they can insidiously get away with it. They've experienced and understood the way hitting a bloke is often completely consequence free, where a bloke hitting her would never be.

With a little time and perspective I've come to perceive my previous relationship as abusive (which some of you lads called out close to a year ago when I first found myself complaining on here about her) but at the time I barely even considered the possibility. Of course, nobody will take me seriously if I try and tell them she was, and after the break up she put plenty of work into making me look like the bad guy. So thank fuck she wasn't the type inclined to violence.

I'd say OP is still well advised to think carefully about this bird.
>> No. 27459 Anonymous
28th September 2018
Friday 2:59 am
27459 spacer
>>27446

> Exactly. And the thing about it with a lass is that they tend to also have that air about them where they've learned over the years how they can insidiously get away with it. They've experienced and understood the way hitting a bloke is often completely consequence free, where a bloke hitting her would never be.

> With a little time and perspective I've come to perceive my previous relationship as abusive

> I'd say OP is still well advised to think carefully about this bird.

It sounds to me like you're taking one possibly bad experience and extrapolating it and projecting it onto other cases. Just because you might have been in an "abusive" relationship (which apparently didn't even involve a slap from a lass?) doesn't mean all girls who give naughty dogs a slap are ticking time bombs. Perspective, please.
>> No. 27461 Anonymous
28th September 2018
Friday 10:51 pm
27461 spacer
>>27459

You did a pretty good job of illustrating my point there, lad.

I'm not saying she definitely is a mentalist, but I definitely think it's something that would cause me to think hard about my assumptions of a person's character.

Return ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password