|>>|| No. 15019
> How does it manifest itself in your romantic relationships? I'm genuinely curious, because I have been told by various ex girlfriends that I was kind of a distant person, and that they never quite managed to figure me out.
Being a serial long term monogamist I don't have a lot of exes to compare that to, I've had the same bag for life for the last twelve years now, for example. I don't think she knows me as well as my first girlfriend does, or did, or will ever.
When I'm single I miss having someone around to have lunch with and someone to watch a shitty program on iPlayer with before bed and someone to do something with at the weekends and that's it. The rest of the time I'm happy enough on the internet or in my kindle. I never got into video games but I abuse computers in other ways.
I don't really maintain friendships, I keep my thoughts and feelings to myself, and people quite often think I'm either an intimidating cunt, a moody autist or just a general shitebag because I don't maintain constant contact with people. I have friends who I've known for nigh on twenty years now and we exchange the odd email or whatsapp message every few weeks or months.
Anyway this is rambling. The concise answer is that yes my missus does "joke" (although to what level of "ha ha only serious" I don't know) that I'm only playing a twelve year long game with her turning on the different personalities depending on what I want out of her.
Other than that I tick every practically every symptom in the DSM-V (although like most menks and psychiatrists alike I preferred the DSM-IV definition of almost everything):
- Neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family. [I went two years without even emailing my mum.]
- Almost always chooses solitary activities. [Internet, kindle, gym, only group activities I do are Judo and that and even then I have to (legally prescribed) benzo myself up to be around other people]
- Has little, if any, interest in having sexual experiences with another person. [ I don't fit this one, or I've changed, I spent most of my life wanting to get fucked up rather than fuck, I now regret all the fanny I passed on because I passed out]
- Takes pleasure in few, if any, activities. [ Tick ]
- Lacks close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives. [ 100% tick]
- Appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others. [Tick]
- Shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affectivity [Totally I've had girls ask me if I'm gay before because I wasn't involved in chatting them up, I was just happier in my head than talking to some vapid bint.]
Anyway, thanks Dr, I expect my certificate of mental loonyness in the mail soon along with my council house and long term sickness benefits.
See how we've fucked up this thread? Not even I could stop myself.