[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
politics

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 78397)
Message
File  []
close
Farage.jpg
783977839778397
>> No. 78397 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 9:27 am
78397 spacer
Ukip leader Diane James has quit the role after just 18 days.

In a statement Ms James said: "It is with great regret that I announce that I will not be formalising my recent nomination to become the new leader of the party with the Electoral Commission.

Having won the enthusiastic support of party members, I was nominated by them as the new leader at the recent Ukip Bournemouth conference. Since that time I have been in discussion with party officers about the role. It has become clear that I do not have sufficient authority, nor the full support of all my MEP colleagues and party officers to implement changes I believe necessary and upon which I based my campaign.

For personal and professional reasons therefore, I will not take the election process further. I will continue to concentrate fully on my activities and responsibilities as a Member of the European Parliament."

Senior Ukip members reported that Ms James, who took over from Jimmy Saville last month, had resigned her position for personal and family reasons. One senior party member told The Telegraph that Ms James has felt uneasy about her new role ever since she was spat at on a train station platform after winning the leadership contest.


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/04/diane-james-quits-as-ukip-leader-after-just-18-days-as-successor/
Expand all images.
>> No. 78398 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 10:04 am
78398 spacer

image.jpg
783987839878398
NONCEY NIGE TO THE RESCUE!
>> No. 78399 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 11:02 am
78399 spacer
>>78398
Funny how the left project noncery onto the right when they were the ones who housed nonces for decades in a left wing institution (the BBC), resolutely defended muslim scum who were raping thousands of white british girls in Rotherham and other places (while castigating the BNP who were right all along) and literally tried to get paedophilia accepted back in the 70's.
>> No. 78400 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 11:35 am
78400 spacer
>>78399

Calm down saddo!
>> No. 78401 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 11:42 am
78401 spacer

wow.jpg
784017840178401
>>78399
>> No. 78402 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 11:53 am
78402 spacer
>>78399
>the BNP who were right all along
Are you trying to get back in their good graces, Si?
>> No. 78403 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 12:21 pm
78403 spacer
>>78402
They were 100% right, while every mewling gelding here was going "Oh Si!" and "ISLAMIC RAYGUNS" Abdul was tearing into little Amy, Jill and Hannah six ways from Sunday.

You don't have any morals, that much is clear to most everyone, you just want to APPEAR moral, makes most people sick to their stomach but even now you try to laugh it off.

Still, it's failures such as that and Savile that the left is losing ground, hell Brexit may have not gone through without it.

>>78401
Economic conservatism =/= Social conservatism, ARE MAG was quite happy for Britain to turn into a cesspool of multiculturalism just like nearly everyone in the Establishment since the 50's.
>> No. 78404 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 12:52 pm
78404 spacer

Not a True Scotsman.jpg
784047840478404
>>78403
Our famously liberal "Establishment", got it.
>> No. 78405 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 2:38 pm
78405 spacer
>>78404
The establishment don't have to be liberals to want to import third worlders to artificially flood the labour market.

They'll preach about how they'll ship the poles and laplanders back while importing Indians to take their place.
>> No. 78406 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 2:41 pm
78406 spacer
>Since that time I have been in discussion with party officers about the role. It has become clear that I do not have sufficient authority, nor the full support of all my MEP colleagues and party officers to implement changes I believe necessary and upon which I based my campaign.

Are you reading this Corbyn?
>> No. 78407 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 4:06 pm
78407 spacer

steven woolfe.png
784077840778407
How will the media attempt to portray UKIP as a party of xenophobes when a mixed race man will likely be its next leader?
>> No. 78408 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 4:34 pm
78408 spacer
>>78407
Because mixed race people can be xenophobes too? Isn't that obvious? "I'm alright jack"? And he'll be more than alright because he'll be a party leader pulling down hundreds of thousands of pounds. This country has shown it doesn't mind foreigners as long as they are rich.
>> No. 78409 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 5:19 pm
78409 spacer
>>78407
Is this what a black man looks like to UKIP? He didn't even join Lincoln's Inn.

Anyway I'd be careful as a growing narrative these days seems to be that UKIP are all for unrestricted third world immigration to replace those Europeans. The new Labour party indeed.
>> No. 78410 Anonymous
5th October 2016
Wednesday 6:12 pm
78410 spacer
>>78402

Oh how you made me laugh like it was 2008.
>> No. 78411 Anonymous
6th October 2016
Thursday 1:02 pm
78411 spacer

maxresdefault[1].jpg
784117841178411
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37572377

UKIP leadership hopeful Steven Woolfe was taken to hospital following an altercation at a meeting of party MEPs, interim leader Jimmy Saville has said.

In a statement he said Mr Woolfe had "subsequently collapsed" and his "condition is serious".

>> No. 78412 Anonymous
6th October 2016
Thursday 1:26 pm
78412 spacer

failed_assassination_attempt.jpg
784127841278412
>>78409
>Anyway I'd be careful as a growing narrative these days seems to be that UKIP are all for unrestricted third world immigration to replace those Europeans. The new Labour party indeed.
"Growing narrative" indeed.

Reminder to boycott the BBC and not believe the lies of media rags or stupid posters like this.

>>78411
The amount of misfortune that befalls UKIP members seems very unlucky. It's almost as though someone has it in for them.
>> No. 78413 Anonymous
6th October 2016
Thursday 2:01 pm
78413 spacer
>>78412
>Reminder to boycott the BBC
For all that's made of BBC bias, they're not actually a biased institution per se. They're slavish losers who follow the news agenda as set by the papers, and fail to stand up to call out bullshit if it's consensus bullshit, but they don't have it out for any one party or left/right ideology. They just follow the tide.
(UKIP complaining of BBC bias is possibly one of the more amusing things, given Saville appeared on Question Time more often than Dimbleby.)

Take for example:
>Doing almost nothing to question of Austerity is actually necessary because it's vague consensus, despite a good number of economists saying it's not, to Labour's detriment
>Generally dismal understanding of the Scottish political situation and all-round incompetence. (Most amusingly making a documentary on PFI in Scotland without mentioning Labour once, despite the fact only Labour used PFI in Scotland - the SNP adopted a new euphemism and tweaked the thing. Notionally to the SNP's detriment.)

>and not believe the lies of media rags or stupid posters like this.
Media rags usually have positions to the right of UKIP on immigration, though. The Daily Mail gets to set the agenda for all the old people and housewives who actually turn out to vote, and it's closer to UKIP than to Labour by a million miles.
>> No. 78414 Anonymous
6th October 2016
Thursday 3:40 pm
78414 spacer
>>78412

>The amount of misfortune that befalls UKIP members seems very unlucky. It's almost as though someone has it in for them.

They do. "They" being overwhelmingly other UKIPpers.
>> No. 78415 Anonymous
6th October 2016
Thursday 5:09 pm
78415 spacer

1267.jpg
784157841578415
>>78411
Apparently he fell foul of the rule "chat shit, get hit" and was clobbered by another UKIP MEP for talking about defecting to the Tories.
>> No. 78419 Anonymous
6th October 2016
Thursday 7:37 pm
78419 spacer
>>78415
Therein lies the problem. They're still very much a party of amateurs.
>> No. 78420 Anonymous
6th October 2016
Thursday 7:58 pm
78420 spacer
>>78415
What an awful business.
>> No. 78433 Anonymous
7th October 2016
Friday 9:52 am
78433 spacer

wasted.png
784337843378433
>>78415
>> No. 78434 Anonymous
7th October 2016
Friday 11:54 am
78434 spacer
>>78419
Could be worse, they could be a party of professionals.
>> No. 78435 Anonymous
7th October 2016
Friday 11:54 am
78435 spacer
>>78419
Could be worse, they could be a party of professionals.
>> No. 78437 Anonymous
7th October 2016
Friday 12:33 pm
78437 spacer
>>78435
Yeah, it would be silly to be represented by people who know what they're doing.
>> No. 78438 Anonymous
7th October 2016
Friday 1:11 pm
78438 spacer

Farage-and-Woolfe[1].jpg
784387843878438
Why's he got the Woolfe by the nuts?

https://politicalscrapbook.net/2016/10/ukip-whinge-about-foreign-hospital-food-while-their-punch-up-mep-is-treated-for-free/

>>78433
Mirth
>> No. 78439 Anonymous
7th October 2016
Friday 2:15 pm
78439 spacer
>>78437
UKIP don't represent me.
>> No. 78440 Anonymous
7th October 2016
Friday 3:06 pm
78440 spacer
>>78437
Being professional and knowing what you're doing aren't synonymous.
>> No. 78441 Anonymous
7th October 2016
Friday 3:06 pm
78441 spacer
>>78437
Being professional and knowing what you're doing aren't synonymous.
>> No. 78443 Anonymous
7th October 2016
Friday 4:13 pm
78443 spacer
>>78441
If you say so, Nige.
>> No. 78444 Anonymous
7th October 2016
Friday 4:15 pm
78444 spacer
>>78439
That means you're from London or Northern Ireland, and therefore your opinion doesn't matter.
>> No. 78546 Anonymous
8th October 2016
Saturday 7:01 pm
78546 spacer

_91632486_hookem_hands.jpg
785467854678546
Man who obviously lamped Steven Woolfe denies lamping Steven Woolfe, offers not-particularly-high-resolution photo of hands as proof.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37597266

I know it's a bit overused, but this really does seem like something you couldn't make up.
>> No. 78547 Anonymous
8th October 2016
Saturday 7:11 pm
78547 spacer
>>78546

What about that scene in The Thick of It? When Malcolm punches Glenn?
>> No. 78549 Anonymous
8th October 2016
Saturday 7:25 pm
78549 spacer

Hookem-476535.jpg
785497854978549
>>78546
Have any of the papers made a Hookem "right hooked 'em" pun?
>> No. 78550 Anonymous
8th October 2016
Saturday 7:29 pm
78550 spacer
>>78547
I'm not thinking so much of the punch, or the denial of the punch, but rather the lengths he's going to in maintaining his denial after all the not-so-subtle hints that the denial simply isn't standing up.
>> No. 78561 Anonymous
8th October 2016
Saturday 8:32 pm
78561 spacer
>>78397

typical bloody female
>> No. 78578 Anonymous
8th October 2016
Saturday 11:33 pm
78578 spacer

3938DB0200000578-0-image-a-58_1475955454193.jpg
785787857878578
>Jimmy Saville and his alleged ex ‘mistress’ were dragged into the Ukip leadership farce last night over claims that he regarded his successor, MEP Diane James, as ‘an utter bitch’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3828745/Jimmy-Saville-ex-mistress-dragged-Ukip-leadership-farce-claims-regarded-successor-Diane-James-utter-b.html
>> No. 79009 Anonymous
17th October 2016
Monday 6:52 pm
79009 spacer
Woolfe has quit. I've literally no idea of who's in with a chance of being the new leader.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37682828
>> No. 79012 Anonymous
18th October 2016
Tuesday 11:58 am
79012 spacer
>>78578

She looks European. Have UKIP MEPs been trying to get us out of Europe just so they can have all the fit continental birds to themselves?
>> No. 79016 Anonymous
20th October 2016
Thursday 1:39 am
79016 spacer
>>79009
He tells it straight. Saville is Ukip, Ukip is Saville.
>> No. 79087 Anonymous
22nd October 2016
Saturday 9:16 pm
79087 spacer

Raheem-Kassam.jpg
790877908779087
Arron Banks has thrown his support behind Will from The Inbetweeners as the new leader.
>> No. 79094 Anonymous
22nd October 2016
Saturday 10:58 pm
79094 spacer

ap0360883.jpg
790947909479094
>>79087

Raheem Kassam will hold his own in a debate and will hopefully get the UKIP leadership.

I'm not pro UKIP but I can see Raheem throwing spanners at Diane Abbott on Question Time.

I've just thought of a tv program pitch. Throwing spanners at Diane Abbott. She gets strapped to a spinning wheel thing and it's like Bullseye, where you have to answer questions then get a chance to throw a spanner at her whirling torso based on your answers/ points. You get to pick from a lump wrench to a bike tool but you need to consider the flight dynamics. Michael Barrymore to host.
>> No. 79103 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 1:58 am
79103 spacer
>>79094
He's an alt-right idiot, and Saville's right hand man.


Trouble with UKIP is that it's just a mess of county councillors looking for glory. I don't think Diane James was one of these, and that her leadership was sabotaged by the highers-up within UKIP as they knew she'd give them all the finger.

It's a mess of a party. I voted for them, and will probably either vote for them or the Tories at the next election, but I'm under no delusions that it's a terrible managed organisation full of terrible people.
>> No. 79107 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 2:21 am
79107 spacer
>>79103
Yet somehow you still voted for them.
>> No. 79108 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 2:26 am
79108 spacer

guardian.jpg
791087910879108
>>79103

I'm allied to the alt-right because the left is so fucking hysterically useless right now. Totally regressive

BAME scheme - employment should be based on ability and merit, not 'soft bigotry of expectations'.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/02/bbc-accused-of-dolphin rape-for-turning-away-white-applicants-from-bame-diversity-scheme-5919782/
>> No. 79109 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 2:38 am
79109 spacer

bbc.png
791097910979109
>>79108

Link not approved by Purps so imaged here.
>> No. 79110 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 2:43 am
79110 spacer
>>79109

And? I hire from CA. What is your fucking point, you dripping bellend?
>> No. 79111 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 2:49 am
79111 spacer

clarkson.jpg
791117911179111
>>79109

'Yeah, some stupid leftist cunts at the BBC decided to open a caravan media department. Lesbian transgingered blacks can only apply. With 2 willies and a fanny.'
>> No. 79112 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 2:54 am
79112 spacer
>>79110

Cunts like you, to start with.
>> No. 79114 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 3:08 am
79114 spacer
>>79110
Explicitly telling white people (the majority group in society) that they're not wanted for certain roles (that aren't something poncey like a BME representative) couldn't possibly build resentment that might backfire horribly when living in a country where The Daily Mail is amongst the most read "news" sources.

Even if the intent is good, it's so on the nose as to be crazy. It's the most blunt possible way of making the statistics dance. You can say "Well, black people look at jobs all the time and think 'well, nobody's going to hire me for that ' thanks to latent dolphin rape in society ", but even then they're doing it in the same way a cunt like me stares down a job description that says "The applicant will be social, friendly and work in improving customer experience..." and thinks "Under no circumstances would I be hired for this even though the actual job is stacking shelves, with helping customers being a small blip."

It's not the same as reading "You are explicitly not welcome and you should fuck off without applying. We don't want people like you" even though in practice it means the same thing. But now I risk de-railing onto a huge tangent (Okay, I did that the second I started a second paragraph) about the subtleties of language and how "Please leave" is so much nicer than "Fuck off, cunt."
>> No. 79116 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 3:10 am
79116 spacer
>>79110

The issue is that in a liberal society, there should be equality of opportunity for all, and meritocracy and this pisses on that.

This is on an individual level insulting to everyone, both the people who are potentially the best for the role, after potential years of training but are not permited to apply because they were born the wrong skin colour, and to the people who get the role who know they aren't there because of any achievement on their part but because they round out a meaningless arbitary quota of being the token darky.
>> No. 79117 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 3:43 am
79117 spacer
>>79112
>>79114
>>79116
This much teary over a single job ad, whilst the unemployment rate for BME are factors more than the whites. Oh but it is a fair system right? It's a meritocracy we live in, right? Those brown and black bastards should just try harder.

Fuck off. Racists like you lot and the BBC should both be wiped out.
>> No. 79118 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 3:52 am
79118 spacer
>>79117

>This much teary
>Fuck off. Racists like you lot and the BBC should both be wiped out.

THE_IRONY
>> No. 79120 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 4:04 am
79120 spacer
>>79118
Mate its clearly a troll.
>> No. 79121 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 4:07 am
79121 spacer
>>79117
>Oh but it is a fair system right?
Did I ever say that? No. In fact, I admitted the system is unfair when I pointed out that there's still latent dolphin rape in hiring practices.

What I did say is that trying to counter that unfairness with more explicit unfairness in the other direction is just going to piss off white people, who are still the dominant group in society. Hey, if they can say "No whites" why can't I say "No blacks"? It's straight white men who're the most discriminated against group nowadays, you know, thanks to all that reverse dolphin rape.
>> No. 79122 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 4:19 am
79122 spacer
>>79117
>It's a meritocracy we live in, right? Those brown and black bastards should just try harder.


Must be dolphin rape thats the only way to explain why the chinese population earn more then the white population some years as a median and indians average out to close to the same amount, but bangladeshi laplanderstani and black people earn much less. Could only be dolphin rape, because racist are renowned for making a distiction between Indians, Bangladeshi, and laplanderstanis in their employment polices and paying Indians 30% more.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/weekly-disposable-household-income-by-ethnicity-tax-years-19941995-to-20122013uk
>> No. 79123 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 4:28 am
79123 spacer
>>79122

Asians earn the highest wages in the US. Try telling that to a black lives matter sjw privilige checker. Chinky chonks just study more and work harder than honkies and nig nogs.

(A good day to you Sir!)
>> No. 79132 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 12:55 pm
79132 spacer
>>79123
Is it because blacks have lower IQ?
>> No. 79136 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 2:04 pm
79136 spacer
>>79123
Christ .gs has really gone downhill if we're going to be just passively accepting posts like this.
>> No. 79168 Anonymous
23rd October 2016
Sunday 9:01 pm
79168 spacer
>>79136

N1 searchfag.
>> No. 79178 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 3:25 am
79178 spacer
Apparently the latest person to throw their hat into the ring is Paul Nuttalls of the Ukips. Who, as we all know, is named after Stewart Lee's incontinent cat.
>> No. 79179 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 5:49 pm
79179 spacer
>>79114

I find they tend to be much better than white people. Now why could that be?

Anyway, back to topic, who are the actual people who might become UKIP leader, bare AREPEERAGESEEEKING NIGE? Can anyone name any of them? I can't.
>> No. 79180 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 5:56 pm
79180 spacer
>>79179

I quite like Carswell, for no other reason than he seems to constitute the UKIP 'left'.
>> No. 79181 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 7:09 pm
79181 spacer
>>79180
They all think he's a Tory sleeper though.
>> No. 79183 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 7:16 pm
79183 spacer
I'd prefer John Rees-Evans on the strength of his "some homosexuals prefer sex with animals" anecdote.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC17ZHU_ZNU?start=101
>> No. 79184 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 7:35 pm
79184 spacer
>>79183

The English class system degrades all levels.
>> No. 79185 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 7:38 pm
79185 spacer
>>79180
You've got your left and right wrong.
>> No. 79186 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 7:45 pm
79186 spacer
>>79185

Then who exactly is on the UKIP left? The guy who blamed floods on homosexuality, or the one who spoke of Bongo Bongo Land? Perhaps the candidate South Tyneside who blamed 9/11, international communism and WWII on the Jews?
>> No. 79187 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:00 pm
79187 spacer
>>79186
>the one who spoke of Bongo Bongo Land

Not this again. Just because you erroneously believe something sounds racist doesn't actually make it racist.
>> No. 79188 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:05 pm
79188 spacer
>>79187
You're trying to suggest that people who use the phrase Bongo Bong Land aren't somehow being racist? For fucks sake.
>> No. 79189 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:09 pm
79189 spacer
>>79186
Blaming floods on homosexuality says nothing about your stance on government interventionism.
>> No. 79190 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:09 pm
79190 spacer
>>79187
Just because you feel an urge to talk shite doesn't mean you should.
>> No. 79191 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:11 pm
79191 spacer

Spitting Image Tory Atlas.jpg
791917919179191
>>79188
The notorious racists at Spitting Image.
>> No. 79192 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:11 pm
79192 spacer
>>7918
Are you trying to suggest that people who use the term Jolly Good Lad arent somehow being racist? For fucks sake.
>> No. 79193 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:12 pm
79193 spacer

dailymail_bongoland.jpg
791937919379193
>>79188
Only to those looking for offence. As evidenced by >>/spo/4963, the Wikipedia page for Bongo Bongo Land was only created as a result of Godfrey Bloom's comments. Evidently someone in the professionally offended brigade has decided to flesh it out with any tenuous connotation they can find. The reason the page didn't exist before is because it isn't actually an offensive word. It simply sounds like it should be offensive to the hypersensitive who love to get offended on other people's behalf.
>> No. 79194 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:13 pm
79194 spacer
>>79187

Hang on:

1) I didn't say it was racist. I said "the one who spoke of Bongo Bongo Land"

2) Whatever you choose to believe, most people recognise "Bongo Bongo Land" to be pejorative

3) Ignore the fact that Bloom had a habit of letting slip views that indicated he was on UKIP's very furthermost right fringe

You wasted both our time. I do hope you're proud of yourself
>> No. 79195 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:17 pm
79195 spacer
>>79193

Well done derailing the whole bloody thing. This whole Bongo Bongo Land thing must have been foremost in your head - the sort of thing which keeps you up at night.

What a strange lad you are.
>> No. 79196 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:19 pm
79196 spacer
>>79191

You do understand the concept of satire, don't you? Oh, it would seem you don't.
>> No. 79197 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:19 pm
79197 spacer
>>79194
Bloom's a libertarian?
>> No. 79198 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:22 pm
79198 spacer
>>79197

You are obviously using a different political spectrum than I. Far-right doesn't equal "libertarian" to me, are you one of those Yanks?
>> No. 79199 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:23 pm
79199 spacer
>>79196
Satirists are still "the people who use the phrase..."

Largely I just wanted to post the map. I've always loved Britain suddenly contracting into the M1.
>> No. 79200 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:26 pm
79200 spacer
>>79198
It's the yanks who conflate social views with economic ones.
>> No. 79201 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:27 pm
79201 spacer
I thought left and right was made up?
>> No. 79202 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:29 pm
79202 spacer
>>79198
Disgusting racist.
>> No. 79203 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 8:47 pm
79203 spacer
>>79200

You're going to have to expand on that. If you consider libertarianism a far-right ideology (let's just ignore the anarchists, that'll complicate things even more), what spectrum are you using?
Seeing as you're against conflation, it would have to be a solely social issues political spectrum - meaning the racists, nationalists and bigots wouldn't be on the far-right. So where exactly would they fit?

>>79202

Keep on it, champ. You're sure to get a rise out of someone sooner or later!
>> No. 79204 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 9:33 pm
79204 spacer
>>79203
>If you consider libertarianism a far-right ideology (let's just ignore the anarchists, that'll complicate things even more), what spectrum are you using?
Would it not quite naturally be an economic one? Or perhaps even some kind of collectivist-individualist axis (where the end result of collectivism still isn't the borg.), you're always going to cunt things up putting them on a left-right axis since the world is far more nuanced than that. With all of that said:

Libertarians = far right, want corporate neofeudalism, though they often pretend otherwise. Also generally in US terms a bit racist/homophobic, though again they like to cover this with "oh, it's a state's rights issue..." instead of accepting the practical result of devolving it to the states is a racist/homophobic one.

Communists = far left, want a stateless society without private businesses. Also hilariously wooly in what this would actually mean, and generally willing to support social-democratic programs that if anything delay the fall of capitalism. Note that I'm speaking in terms of "actually want a communist society" here, and not "Oh yeah I love communism! Stalin was right on! Central planning rocks!"

Both of them are actually notionally libertarian in that they want the state to fuck off, but ultimately the libertarian one takes a hilariously "rugged individual" take on it (Ah yes, I'd be the feudal lord. Never me in the coal mines having voluntarily sold myself into slavery, no-sir.) whereas the communist one is more collectivist in outlook when it comes to work.

This thinly veiled attack on American libertarians is essentially a vague collection of thoughts and starting points and should not be taken as a definitive answer. This regulation was forcibly imposed by the state in violation of the nonaggression principle. Take twice a day.
>> No. 79205 Anonymous
24th October 2016
Monday 9:53 pm
79205 spacer
>>79204
In Marxism, the idea of a "stateless" society has a very specific meaning. Lenin defines the state as "a special organization of force: it is an organization of violence for the suppression of some class". Communists seek to aim that power at suppressing the bourgeoisie, rather than the proletariat, and in so doing eliminate class distinctions. That will in and of itself render the state (in the Marxist sense) obsolete. From the Manifesto:

"when, in the course of development, class distinctions have disappeared, and all production has been concentrated in the hands of a vast association of the whole nation, the public power will lose its political character."

It doesn't mean that the administrative functions of the state would cease.

If you're familiar with much of the relevant literature, the meaning is really not woolly at all.
>> No. 79212 Anonymous
25th October 2016
Tuesday 10:17 pm
79212 spacer
>>79205

Marxism =/= Leninism.

Also, using the Manifesto as evidence for Marx's theory of the state? This seems like poor Marxology.
>> No. 79213 Anonymous
25th October 2016
Tuesday 10:55 pm
79213 spacer
>>79212
Lenin was a Marxist, and the definition of his which I provided is a conventional Marxist definition. I can give you a less concise description of the same thing from Engels if you like:

"Society thus far, operating amid class antagonisms, needed the state, that is, an organization of the particular exploiting class, for the maintenance of its external conditions of production, and, therefore, especially, for the purpose of forcibly keeping the exploited class in the conditions of oppression determined by the given mode of production"

Why do you think quoting the Manifesto is poor "Marxology"?
>> No. 79214 Anonymous
25th October 2016
Tuesday 10:59 pm
79214 spacer
>>79213

He knows all he knows about Marxism from a frantic 2 minutes of Googling, give the guy a break.
>> No. 79215 Anonymous
26th October 2016
Wednesday 12:22 am
79215 spacer
>>79213

Lenin was influenced by Marx, but unfortunately he bastardised his ideas. Marx never reified a normative theory of the state and he certainly never wrote anything about a dictatorship of the proletariat and all of that other statist shite Lenin invented.

>"Society thus far . . . needed the state

Did you even read the quote you pasted?

>Why do you think quoting the Manifesto is poor "Marxology"?

Perhaps because it was published in the 1840s and was hardly representative of his most developed theory?

>>79214

What makes you say that? Is it because I don't subscribe to your vulgar worldview Marxism?

It must be amazing for you two to find out that not all Marxists think Lenin is an integral part of Marxist theory, despite all of the things everyone in your 1917 re-enactment societies has told you.
>> No. 79216 Anonymous
26th October 2016
Wednesday 12:38 am
79216 spacer
>>79215
>Marx never reified a normative theory of the state and he certainly never wrote anything about a dictatorship of the proletariat and all of that other statist shite Lenin invented.

Marx to J. Weydemeyer in New York
March 5, 1852

"What I did that was new was to prove: (1) that the existence of classes is only bound up with particular historical phases in the development of production (historische Entwicklungsphasen der Production), (2) that the class struggle necessarily leads to the dictatorship of the proletariat, (3) that this dictatorship itself only constitutes the transition to the abolition of all classes and to a classless society."

Somehow I don't think I'm going to have a productive conversation about Marxism with you.
>> No. 79217 Anonymous
26th October 2016
Wednesday 12:41 am
79217 spacer
>>79214
I think 2 minutes is generous if he thinks Marx had nothing to say about the dictatorship of the proletariat. Fuck me.
>> No. 79218 Anonymous
26th October 2016
Wednesday 3:29 am
79218 spacer
>>79205
To defend my e-honour from the person who's started replying and to any outside observer would look like me ( >>79204) I now feel obligated to reply despite not really having much to say.

With that said, let's go with what I had in mind:
>If you're familiar with much of the relevant literature, the meaning is really not woolly at all.
That's good news for all 3 people familiar with the relevant literature, but most of the ones who do vaguely know the definition of communism still haven't read the only tome-of-tedium to rival the bible.

With that said, I'm interested in more detail of how
>the public power will lose its political character.
Interacts with
>It doesn't mean that the administrative functions of the state would cease.
And whether this by nature means that the state (as conventionally conceived of) would cease to exist and pass it's function elsewhere (so said function is retained) or if you'd have all the trappings of statehood somehow minus political character. It's difficult to provide examples for this though. (I'm also going to assume political character gets another very specific definition, as we all know that's the kind of frustrating kind of thing dead Germans like to do.)
>> No. 79219 Anonymous
26th October 2016
Wednesday 10:52 am
79219 spacer
>>79218
>That's good news for all 3 people familiar with the relevant literature
I don't think someone who only vaguely knows the definition of communism can accurately be called a communist. In any case, the fact that some people might not know much about how what a stateless society means according to the communist tradition doesn't mean the concept is unexplored or woolly.

>And whether this by nature means that the state (as conventionally conceived of) would cease to exist and pass it's function elsewhere (so said function is retained) or if you'd have all the trappings of statehood somehow minus political character
When a Marxist talks about the state, they're not talking about the state as it is conventionally conceived (which is more of a Weberian idea). They're talking specifically about the institution which enforces class distinctions. Engels again, this time from On Authority:

"Socialists are agreed that the political state, and with it political authority, will disappear as a result of the coming social revolution, that is, that public functions will lose their political character and will be transformed into the simple administrative functions of watching over the true interests of society."

Marx explores this quite a bit further in the critique of the Gotha Programme. Can't go through it now because I'm phone posting now, I'll see if I can find it later.
>> No. 79225 Anonymous
26th October 2016
Wednesday 5:01 pm
79225 spacer
The thing I hate the most about communism is the wish to destroy the family unit.
>> No. 79226 Anonymous
26th October 2016
Wednesday 5:37 pm
79226 spacer

muhnuclearfamily.gif
792267922679226
>>79225

I bet.
>> No. 79234 Anonymous
27th October 2016
Thursday 5:15 am
79234 spacer
>>79226
I hate that concern troll controlled opposition mudblood twat almost as much as I hate communism.
>> No. 79235 Anonymous
27th October 2016
Thursday 10:57 am
79235 spacer
>>79225
Thanks for volunteering that.
>> No. 79237 Anonymous
27th October 2016
Thursday 12:09 pm
79237 spacer
>>79226

I don't know if it's because Christopher Hitchens really was best Hitchens, or if it's that now that X-Topher Hitchslap is dead I'm just pining for him and it so happens that his brother bares a resemblance. Or if it was all a symptom of youth and Chris Hitchens never really was the alpha and omega, he just took down religious folk with a rehearsed set of arguments. Either way, I find myself agreeing with Peter Hitchens more and more these days. I actually find him likeable.
>> No. 79240 Anonymous
27th October 2016
Thursday 12:51 pm
79240 spacer
>>79237

>Either way, I find myself agreeing with Peter Hitchens more and more these days. I actually find him likeable.

I agree actually. I think, in my case anyway, it's because he belongs to the pre-Third Way Era, when politics had a semblance of genuine polarisation and conflict - of the ideological nature, not over special interests. Blair and Clinton tore their parties away from the battlefield, and in doing so the traditional Left, to give us the comforting vacuum of poll figures and focus groups. (The Tories and Republicans followed suit, mainly because they couldn't believe their luck.) In other words, they took the politics out of politics.

He, along with many on the Left, miss the days prior to this "post-modernisation" of politics. This shared hatred, in a way, has made new "comrades" out of old adversaries. You can see this in his comments about respecting, or agreeing in part, with the likes of Owen Jones, Bernie Sanders and Corbyn; and of despising Thatcher's revolution.

I could be overthinking the whole thing, but I mentally categorise him alongside Edmund Burke, Connor Cruise O'Brien and Norman Ornstein - political foes who I respect and have learnt from.

(I had an email exchange with him once, the first time he responded he was kind of snotty/standoffish, but after that he was really quite nice.)
>> No. 79246 Anonymous
27th October 2016
Thursday 1:52 pm
79246 spacer
Hitchens is an intellectually honest conservative, which is a rarity these days. Still I find it hard to find the fact that his bile is sincere and thought out praiseworthy.
>> No. 79247 Anonymous
27th October 2016
Thursday 2:01 pm
79247 spacer
>>79246
I wouldn't just say it's bile. Personally, I'd say the reason I like him probably comes down to the fact I long for a return to the postwar consensus, while he gives the impression of longing to the same sort of period for generally different reasons.

Though I'd say there are areas of crossover where the reasons are outright identical, though naturally framed differently.
And with that, this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3520932/PETER-HITCHENS-Privatisation-Free-trade-Shares-great-ruined-Britain.html
>> No. 80780 Anonymous
6th December 2016
Tuesday 9:17 am
80780 spacer

MGa8rBo.jpg
807808078080780
Found this on reddit, just felt like it needed to be repeated here.
>> No. 80784 Anonymous
6th December 2016
Tuesday 10:43 am
80784 spacer
>>80780
What a load of nonsense. He's very clearly one of the ten kings referred to in the Revelation.
>> No. 80785 Anonymous
6th December 2016
Tuesday 11:52 am
80785 spacer
>>80780

I think his outfit just lends credibility to his point if I'm quite honest.
>> No. 80788 Anonymous
6th December 2016
Tuesday 2:26 pm
80788 spacer
>>80780
That's Neil Horan. A true mentalist if there ever was one.
>> No. 80993 Anonymous
11th December 2016
Sunday 7:32 pm
80993 spacer

pure_coincidence.jpg
809938099380993
>>80780
Yep, that guy is a looney.
They carefully chose that picture to not show everything he had to say though. Here's a more illuminating one.

Haha, your side lost remoaner cunts.

I think this guy is an obvious plant to make some of that fake news we've been hearing about.
>> No. 80997 Anonymous
11th December 2016
Sunday 7:49 pm
80997 spacer
>>80993

He's the sort of nut usually found only in Speakers Corner or yer mum's room.
>> No. 80998 Anonymous
11th December 2016
Sunday 8:58 pm
80998 spacer
Jimmy Saville has revealed how he is having a 'great time' since quitting as Ukip leader because he no longer has to deal with 'low-grade people' every day.

The 52-year-old said that leaving the role means he does not have to associate with people he would never choose to have a drink with or employ. He also added that he is relieved to not be responsible for what the party's 'branch secretary in Lower Slaughter said half-cut on Twitter last night'.

Mr Saville, in an interview with James Kirkup at the Daily Telegraph, said that people 'use him as a vehicle for their own self-promotion'.

'There are a lot of great people in Ukip. The problem is that Ukip has become a bit like the other parties: people view it as a means to get elected.'

The MEP also revealed he has ambitions to bring peace to the Middle East through his ties with US president-elect Donald Trump.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4018356/Jimmy-Saville-Im-having-great-time-quitting-Ukip-leader.html
>> No. 81003 Anonymous
11th December 2016
Sunday 10:18 pm
81003 spacer
>>80998
I think he doesn't care who he trolls; as long as he has attention.

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password