[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
work

Return ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 12682)
Message
File  []
close
germans.png
126821268212682
>> No. 12682 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 12:47 am
12682 spacer
I'm 26, have been working full time for two years and already feel as though I'll be stuck in this career forever and have no idea how I could ever leave it, I want to find something else to do because I never chose this line of work, it was just the only job offer I got out of university, and the idea of changing what I'm doing altogether seems insurmountable. Who would hire me? Why? I don't get how I'm supposed to get anything off the ground.

No I don't know what I want to do. How the hell would I, I haven't done it before.
Expand all images.
>> No. 12683 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 7:13 am
12683 spacer
This is 99% mental. Care to give us a few more details?
>> No. 12684 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 9:39 am
12684 spacer
Why don't you commit yourself not being the kind of insidious creep who "drops red pills" on imageboards like this? It can't be terribly fulfilling.

A silly git has linked to .gs on some far-right corner of the internet in the past few days, either that you lot have gone utterly mad.
>> No. 12685 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 9:50 am
12685 spacer
>>12684

Where on earth are you getting any of this from? Did you reply to the wrong thread or something? Is the image indicative of something I don't understand? Are you okay?
>> No. 12686 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 10:09 am
12686 spacer
>>12685
Sure, sure, OP is having job troubles and used the first image he saw in his image folder, which just so happened to be a screengrab from a far-right YouTube channel with a handy little link added.

If you don't understand I hope that you now do and I don't have to explain the obvious.
>> No. 12687 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 10:51 am
12687 spacer
>>12686
Not the person you are replying to but -There are ways of explaining things to people that are less aggressive, when you explain yourself in a hostile manner people are more likely to react hostilely to you, you can fail to convince people not because you are wrong but because peoples gut instinct is to push back against attacks on them.

When people question your statements it isn't just to undermine you. Other people don't have your knowledge base, not because they are ignorant, or stupid, but because their knowledge is in other areas, so when you launch into a rant based on the esoteric knowledge of a YouTube name it leaves the rest of us who aren’t familiar with it wondering what the hell is going on, where as if you explained yourself we might all very well be agreeing with you.
>> No. 12689 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 1:47 pm
12689 spacer
>>12686
It's a screenshot that I made from a speech in the Bundestag that I was linked to. I don't give a shit about your touchiness for 'the far right' or whatever.

Since you've made a point of it though, I will give everyone the opportunity to see it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBk490qijho

Though that is not what this thread is about.
>> No. 12690 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 2:02 pm
12690 spacer
>>12683
Well I'm about to see a psychotherapist for severe depression but I don't think that's related to the helplessness of it - I'm still not doing something I want to do and still don't know how to get out of it and into something else. There are practical steps that need to be taken - I don't know what they are in the first place, so my mental state can't block it yet.

I did a STEM BSc, a related management MSc and have been working in manufacturing QA for the last two years.

I just don't know how to change what I'm doing. Let's take finance for example - what do I bring to the table that would make someone want to employ me? I have no idea, I don't know what finance people do, I've never worked in it. IT - I have no IT skills.

I don't really know what everyone else does all day to be honest. I want something kind of project based and variable, which presents different problems and is not so procedural. Granted, workplaces don't often facilitate that, because adam smith and pins.
>> No. 12691 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 2:42 pm
12691 spacer
>>12690 I want something kind of project based and variable, which presents different problems and is not so procedural.

You need to find a small(er) company.
>> No. 12692 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 3:28 pm
12692 spacer
>>12690

Pick an industry you might like to work in, find some people who work in that industry (friends and family, Facebook, LinkedIn) and pick their brains. A lot of people are flattered to be asked and are more than happy to give you advice.
>> No. 12693 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 3:42 pm
12693 spacer
>>12687
You're right, it was quite cryptic, but this crap is popping up everywhere and it will poison the entire site in time.

>>12689
It's not "touchiness", it's an awareness of the tactics your ilk use to target and infiltrate websites and communities all over the internet. You have no qualms with lying and misleading because you're more than aware about how unpalatable your views are in mainstream society. And I didn't make a point of anything, you posted the OP, you made the point.
>> No. 12695 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 3:46 pm
12695 spacer
>>12693
Fuck off you paranoid cunt.
>> No. 12696 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 4:04 pm
12696 spacer
>>12693
I feel the need to second this.
>> No. 12697 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 4:55 pm
12697 spacer
>>12693

You need to understand that you've done a lot more to disrupt and agitate the board than the OP here has. Please stop.
>> No. 12698 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 5:47 pm
12698 spacer
>>12697
Not either of the ones you're arguing with, but lately the far-right crowd have been like the p**dos, where one sniff of acceptance will have them swarming like flies on shit. That discussion is banned here not because it's illegal (merely discussing it certainly isn't), but because of the shitshow that inevitably results from it. Case-in-point ...
>> No. 12699 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 6:08 pm
12699 spacer
>>12698

Well when I see one I promise I'll ban them.
>> No. 12700 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 6:11 pm
12700 spacer
What's even going on? What are we getting angry about?
>> No. 12701 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 6:14 pm
12701 spacer
>>12700

A mod is getting angry because he thinks /lab/paedo's tactics have been taken to a new level by the "Alt Right" who are now making apparently genuine threads that are actually just subtle methods to convert us to right-wing thinking, and that once they find their foothold in here they'll be all over us like "flies on shit".

Personally I think he needs to eat 2mg of Risperdal and sit in a darkened room with no internet for a bit.
>> No. 12702 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 6:18 pm
12702 spacer
>>12701

He's not a mod.
>> No. 12703 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 8:32 pm
12703 spacer
>>12702

My apologies.

Someone acting rather proprietorially towards the board is getting angry...
>> No. 12704 Anonymous
9th November 2018
Friday 8:40 pm
12704 spacer
>>12703
He's not getting angry.

Return ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password