|>>|| No. 27318
I spilled water on the corner of my laptop keyboard and now it won't turn on. I'm hoping it's just a fucked battery, or something to do with the power, and that the motherboard is still alive. There was no smell, no other symptoms. It crashed and I switched it off, unplugged it, then set it upside-down overnight. I couldn't get the battery out as that requires unscrewing and I had no tools on me.
It's still dead, but it's been so cold that it wouldn't surprise me if there's still some moisture knocking around inside.
I'm going to buy a screwdriver set and have a poke around, but I'm not really sure what to look for -- how can I tell what part broke?
Am I better off taking it to a repair shop? Perhaps they test the components individually?
Model is a Lenovo Ideapad 320, if that matters.