[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
news

Return ] Entire Thread ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply [Last 50 posts]
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 18964)
Message
File  []
close
assangecat.png
189641896418964
>> No. 18964 Anonymous
11th April 2019
Thursday 9:19 pm
18964 Assange Arrest
Here's the proper thread. To confuse future generations of .gs users I'm using this photo of his cat that was featured on the Guardian Live Blog.

From the sounds of it he was acting a bit of a tit within the embassy, playing footy indoors and arguing with staff, which didn't help, and while I'm sure he is a bit of a tit, I can't imagine keep sane being couped up like that for so long. However the US have leant on the Ecuadorians for some time now and this whole thing stinks. The shite Trump's coming out with about not knowing a thing about Wikileaks is on another level.
15 posts omitted. Last 50 posts shown. Expand all images.
>> No. 18983 Anonymous
12th April 2019
Friday 12:24 pm
18983 spacer
>>18981
Yes, that was back during year five or six of Assange's enclosure.
>> No. 18984 Anonymous
12th April 2019
Friday 5:17 pm
18984 spacer

vaCnMIu.png
189841898418984
I like how it looks like they've captured some kind of goblin. Also, what happens to his cat? I can't find an answer anywhere.
>> No. 18985 Anonymous
12th April 2019
Friday 7:34 pm
18985 spacer
>>18984
Where did you look? In your fridge?
>> No. 18986 Anonymous
12th April 2019
Friday 8:38 pm
18986 spacer
>>18984

That copper looks right smug, I'd love to see my boy Ted Hastings sit him down and give him his Regulation 15 notice
>> No. 18989 Anonymous
12th April 2019
Friday 9:34 pm
18989 spacer
>>18984
I've finally figured out who he reminds me of in these photos. It's George Galloway!
>> No. 18990 Anonymous
12th April 2019
Friday 10:59 pm
18990 spacer
>>18986

I think he's just trying to hold in the laffs from seeing the Brian Sewell biography in Arseange's hand.
>> No. 18991 Anonymous
12th April 2019
Friday 11:07 pm
18991 spacer

>> No. 18992 Anonymous
12th April 2019
Friday 11:34 pm
18992 spacer
>>18964
Anyone who would dress a cat in a shirt collar and tie like that is an obvious wrong'un, so I say we send him to jail for rape. Barry the Bumder is going to pound that Assange into oblivion.
>> No. 18995 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 8:31 am
18995 spacer

12210450-6917341-image-a-16_1555103553189.jpg
189951899518995
DIRTY DISHES? DIABOLICAL DEVIANT!
>> No. 18998 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 9:07 am
18998 spacer
>>18964
>Here's the proper thread
What was wrong with the original?

>>18977
You come across as quite alarmist. Manning did a worse crime than Assange and didn't end up in Gitmo. As the other lad said max sentence is 5 years.

>>18984
According to the Granuiad, it was taken to a shelter when it was clear Assange couldn't look after it.
>> No. 19000 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 9:16 am
19000 spacer
>>18998
The other thread was on /b/ for no reason other than the OP was daft.

Also Manning ended up in solitary confinment and denied access to the hormone therapies she should have been receiving given her transgender status. They completely mistreated her and I wouldn't trust the Trump government as far as I could throw the Oval Office, it's not a normal government so I don't entirely believe it can be trusted to act on precedent.
>> No. 19002 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 9:25 am
19002 spacer
>>18998
>What was wrong with the original?

Only a carpet-bagger needs a quick response.
>> No. 19003 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 9:36 am
19003 spacer
>>19002
>Only a carpet-bagger needs a quick response.

LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, MODS. LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE WITH YOUR WORDFILTERS THAT RUIN RHYMES.
>> No. 19005 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 11:24 am
19005 spacer
>>19000
I doubt Trump will come down heavy on one of his stooges.
>> No. 19006 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 11:34 am
19006 spacer
>>19005
He was useful during the campaign, but now poses a risk. Imagine if someone slipped him some Trump tax returns. The Donald can't have that, can he?
>> No. 19007 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 12:43 pm
19007 spacer
>>19005
Really? Has the past three years taught us nothing?
>> No. 19008 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 2:10 pm
19008 spacer
>>19007
"Leave off Flynn, he's a good guy."

>>19000
Ok. I will be sure to point this out to people posting newsworthy material on /b/ in future.
>> No. 19009 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 2:58 pm
19009 spacer
>>18984
It's really tempting to photoshop a turban on his head on this pic. He'd make a mighty fine stereotypical daft militant wog.
The previous thread in /b/ mentioned Manning. Wasn't he pardoned? I think there was something in the works after he'd been given 35 years of prison.
>> No. 19010 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 5:54 pm
19010 spacer
>>18989
Does nobody else see it?
>> No. 19011 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 6:05 pm
19011 spacer
>>19009
Obama commuted her sentence to time served shortly before leaving office.
>> No. 19012 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 8:43 pm
19012 spacer
I've found a couple of sticky labels plastered around the area with FREE JULIAN ASSANGE on them. I'm tempted to add to them with my own saying WHEN YOU SPEND £500 AT IKEA.
>> No. 19017 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 10:47 pm
19017 spacer
>>19012

Palpable mirth. I encourage you in your art.
>> No. 19018 Anonymous
13th April 2019
Saturday 10:58 pm
19018 spacer
>>19012

Do it, and post it on That Twitter.
>> No. 19030 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 8:16 pm
19030 spacer
>>19000

>nonsense about Bradley Manning

Absolute bollocks. Bradley only played the transgender card because he thought it would get him an easier time in prison and because it amused him to make them jump through the hoops. If you genuinely believe his transgender act, you're deluded.
>> No. 19031 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 9:01 pm
19031 spacer
>>19030

If you think someone is willing to undergo hormone replacement therapy and request gender reassignment surgery for a laugh, then I suggest that you're the deluded one.
>> No. 19032 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 9:06 pm
19032 spacer
>>19031
Not him but there have definitely been quite a few cases of male prisoners transitioning in order to move to female facilities. Safety aside, it ties up the authorities and allows for a break in the monotony. And if you're already mentally ill, why not decide you're a girl now?
>> No. 19033 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 9:37 pm
19033 spacer
>>19032
Not him, but there have definitely been quite a few cases of men transitioning because they're actually trans.
>> No. 19034 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 9:54 pm
19034 spacer
>>19033
Well that's the issue in a nutshell. Do they have a mental illness, or are they just pretending for the sake of their own benefit? There's no way of disproving somebody's trans when they keep going to the doctor and insisting they're actually a girl trapped in the body of a man destined for a male prison. Are you saying it's impossible anyone would ever do this out of self-interest, or because they were mentally ill in other ways?
>> No. 19035 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 9:58 pm
19035 spacer
>>19034

And herein lies the rub. If trans actually was an actual medical condition, you'd be able to tell, and either go through with it or tell them "fuck off no you don't have transgenderism you prick."

But it's not.
>> No. 19036 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 10:04 pm
19036 spacer
>>19034
>>19035
Here's an idea. You two can keep pretending that being trans isn't real, and the rest of us can accept reality, move on and leave you to it. Deal?
>> No. 19037 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 10:09 pm
19037 spacer
>>19036
Nobody is 'denying' trans doesn't exist, like those curious people who think depression and anxiety are myths, or that ADHD is just children acting up. But yes, it is a form of body dysmorphia and so a listed psychiatric condition.
>> No. 19038 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 10:13 pm
19038 spacer
>>19037
>Nobody is 'denying' trans doesn't exist
Besides those two posters up there, who are blatantly denying it.
>> No. 19040 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 10:19 pm
19040 spacer
>>19038
I'm not denying it. But there is a difference between someone who has a genuine delusion and who requires medical attention, and someone who is just malingering. There is no diagnostic test for transgenderism beyond the patient's own insistence - hence why it's perfectly plausible that someone could pretend to be trans out of self-interest.
>> No. 19041 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 10:23 pm
19041 spacer
>>19040
>There is no diagnostic test for transgenderism beyond the patient's own insistence
You know about 90% of illness is diagnosed on the basis of what the patient says and not on any other sort of diagnostic test? They don't use any sort of diagnostic test for appendicitis other than "does this hurt?" and they operate on that basis.
>> No. 19044 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 10:55 pm
19044 spacer
>>19041
For some reason you're ignoring the fact that physical conditions can be verified by scans, biopsies, chemical tests and direct observation. Mental conditions often can't, which is no surprise since our understanding of the brain is dreadful compared to the rest of the body. Regarding your choice of example, people do often fake abdominal pain out of self-interest. Typically this is to score painkillers, more rarely it's a form of persistent malingering where a patient psychologically craves the care, attention and sympathy that results from being ill. In either case there are many other diagnostic measures that can be taken following a patient's complaint that they 'feel funny'.
>> No. 19045 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 11:00 pm
19045 spacer
>>19044
And some people don't fake them but feel the symptoms regardless of what the tests say.
>> No. 19046 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 11:01 pm
19046 spacer
>>19030 here

I'm not denying trans exists. I'm stating that in Bradley's case, he did it out of ulterior motives and not because he's actually trans.

The thing is, trans is a mental illness, but not on its own. It's like, I might play Grand Theft Auto and think "Oooh, imagine doing that in real life"...but I don't, because there's that little switch in my brain that says "You can't do that, it's against the law and there'd be consequences." It's the same thing with trans - it's the lack of that little switch in your brain that stops you doing stupid things or taking it too far. I sometimes wonder what it'd be like to have tits, or what sex is like from a woman's point of view, but I don't go out and get surgery to make it reality because I know I'm a bloke, that's how I was born. Trans isn't it's own thing, it's just one of many symptoms of the same core mental issue.

As a side note, every trans I've ever met and interacted has had a fucking awful personality and clearly had other underlying mental issues which they've obviously attributed to 'being the wrong gender' without seeking proper help and lo and behold, they've changed gender and their mental issues are still there. But now they have that extra chip on their shoulder because they assume that everyone else is transphobic, when in reality it's their toxic personality that's putting people off.

Thank heavens for Darwin, that's all I can say. Natural selection will weed out the mentally ill and the transgenders
>> No. 19047 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 11:05 pm
19047 spacer
>>19037

Trans medically and scientifically doesn't exist. It is a political term. The medical position is that it is a form of body dismophia a psychological illness where a person feels alien in their own body. Where the medical position is to augment that persons body so they feel more comfortable psycholically.

'Trans' isnt a thing either it is 3 distinct political / social terms that are distinctly different.

Transvestite a person who wears clothes designed for the other sex
Transsexual a person who identifies as a sex different from what the genitals they were born with dictate.

Transgender a political term invented by post structuralist to challenge the idea that sex and gender are linked in an argument to win the nature vs nurture debate with scientific realists about behaviour differences between the sexes, by arguing that gender is just a taught trait.

The reason I bring this up is that in a previous thread this shit came up someone said Eddie Izzard had transitioned and no one called them on their bullshit. Given he is just a man who likes wearing women's clothing.

If you think I'm being picky tell a trans women they are just a male who's chosen the gender women (the transgender position) and see how they react.
>> No. 19048 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 11:32 pm
19048 spacer
>>19045
I don't understand your point. Acute idiopathic pain exists, but it's rare and hardly the first port of call for a diagnosis. Are you saying that the role of a doctor is to believe the patient in all cases, even when objective means of diagnosis exist? I can assure you you'd be a very popular doctor in prison if that's the case!

>>19046
That hasn't been my anecdotal experience. The only trans person I know is a close childhood friend who has always had a lovely personality, though I'd be the first to admit they've always been very odd, long before they started mentioning their gender dysphoria. It does make me understand why tempers can flare over this sort of thing. They're a logical enough person but I know it'd be cruel to tell them their identity is a psychiatric disorder. I think it's important to play along to a certain extant in order to spare their feelings.
>> No. 19049 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 11:38 pm
19049 spacer
>>19046

As a consultant in the software industry, I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of charming and brilliant trans people.

>>19047

Your first paragraph more-or-less contradicts itself. Gender Dysmorphic Disorder is a recognised medical condition, for which the recommended treatment is gender realignment (i.e. transition).
>> No. 19050 Anonymous
15th April 2019
Monday 11:47 pm
19050 spacer
>>19046
>I'm stating that in Bradley's case, he did it out of ulterior motives and not because he's actually trans.
Which is functionally equivalent to denying the legitimacy of transfolk.
>> No. 19051 Anonymous
16th April 2019
Tuesday 12:07 am
19051 spacer
Are we seriously doing the whole trans thing again?
>> No. 19052 Anonymous
16th April 2019
Tuesday 12:27 am
19052 spacer
>>19050

It's not though, is it, you clod. It's denying the legitimacy of Bradley's trans-ness.
>> No. 19053 Anonymous
16th April 2019
Tuesday 12:52 am
19053 spacer
>>19050

No, it isn't. It's simply saying that in *this particular instance* the transgenderism is not legitimate. In the same way that if you call out, say, a disability benefit fraud, you are not saying that all disability benefit claimants are frauds.
>> No. 19055 Anonymous
16th April 2019
Tuesday 3:19 am
19055 spacer
>>19051
Of course we are. One of the mods is a tranny.
>> No. 19056 Anonymous
16th April 2019
Tuesday 5:59 am
19056 spacer
>>19055

That explains a lot, tbh
>> No. 19057 Anonymous
16th April 2019
Tuesday 7:33 am
19057 spacer
>>19053
But you're not calling out a disability benefit fraud. You're seeing someone in a wheelchair and reflexively claiming without further evidence that their claim is a fraud. That's nothing to do with the particular instance at hand, it's straight up prejudice.
>> No. 19058 Anonymous
16th April 2019
Tuesday 8:27 am
19058 spacer

sa.png
190581905819058
I don't think Shaun's really a midget, unless he stood on a box for this photo.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6448ZwG1JAU
>> No. 19059 Anonymous
16th April 2019
Tuesday 8:36 am
19059 spacer
>>19058

3:23

I liked when he called them scamps but I'm not sure it was the word he was looking for.
>> No. 19060 Anonymous
16th April 2019
Tuesday 8:46 am
19060 spacer
Skanky tramp portmanteau.

Return ] Entire Thread ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password