[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
politics

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply [First 100 posts]
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 86935)
Message
File  []
close
jezza.jpg
869358693586935
>> No. 86935 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 8:41 pm
86935 UK election 2019
This man is not going to be the next Prime Minister of the UK, and it's going to be fucking awesome.
Expand all images.
>> No. 86936 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 8:43 pm
86936 spacer
Can't we just have a second referendum instead? I've had enough of this.
>> No. 86937 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 8:45 pm
86937 spacer
>>86936
Not going to happen. Labour are the only party promising that and they're going to crash and burn under Jezza.
>> No. 86938 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 8:46 pm
86938 spacer
>>86936
Like you think this will all be settled even after another election and/or referendum? This is us now, we need to own it.
>> No. 86939 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 8:47 pm
86939 spacer
Listen I couldn't give a fuck if Jeremy Corbyn knocks down Big Ben and erects a giant statue of Vladimir fucking Lenin in its place, I'd still vote Labour.

The other choices are the Tories, who are the Tories, or the fucking spineless cretin lying bastard yellow sell out Lib Dems- And I live in the North. So it's really not a choice at all.
>> No. 86940 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 8:51 pm
86940 spacer
>>86939
I have no tribal loyalty to any party, whatsoever; I'm a tactical swing voter, and often end up backing the winner. Can't say I love the Lib Dems, but they're the only principled remainer choice, so will get my vote - they haven't got a cat in hells chance of winning my seat (or government) though.
>> No. 86941 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 8:54 pm
86941 spacer
>>86939

You sound like a right-wing person roleplaying a "Labour voter" in order to make them look bad.
>> No. 86942 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 9:03 pm
86942 spacer
>>86941

That's because you're unwilling to recognise the political alienation of the working classes, and how little they have left to cling to in modern political discourse. You're probably more willing to believe nasty white van driving sun reader builder men represent the working class rather than admitting voting for an anti-semitic communist is still better than their other choices.

Here's a free bonus ad hominem- You read the Independent and you were saddened by the death of Deborah Orr.
>> No. 86943 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 9:03 pm
86943 spacer
>>86941
Do Labour voters really need any help in making themselves look bad?

I'm worried they're going to get absolutely annihilated. Corbyn would really have to pull it out of the bag.
>> No. 86944 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 9:04 pm
86944 spacer
>>86943
On the bright side, Labour will get refreshed - can't see the old man staying on after this.
>> No. 86945 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 9:06 pm
86945 spacer
>>86944
At the cost of the entire fucking country going down the shitter.
>> No. 86946 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 9:10 pm
86946 spacer
>>86945
>the entire fucking country going down the shitter

That ship has sailed though - we're about five years away from fixing that I think; I think that's why what Labour do next after this apocalypse is so important. They're going to have to pick up the pieces.
>> No. 86947 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 9:18 pm
86947 spacer
>>86942
Swing and a miss - I read the Times and will be voting Tory. Not out of any particular love of Johnson, but the LD pledge to reverse IIIWW would divide the country worse than it currently is and Labour are so busy beating the decomposed economic horse of socialism they've failed to formulate a better case than 'AT LEAST WE'RE NOT THE TORIES!'. But fair enough, that's plenty for some people.
>> No. 86948 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 9:26 pm
86948 spacer

FTelectionpolling.jpg
869488694886948
This chart is fascinating. Labour exactly where they were at the last election, while the Tories quite far adrift. I don't think Labour will win this election, but the Tories could easily lose it.

I think the most likely outcome is a parliament very similar to what we have now - there are going to be some local swings either way, and it seems like there are a large body of MPs who are not standing this time (or have changed party). If Boris doesn't get a thumping majority, we're going to have this shit for the next few years.
>> No. 86949 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 9:31 pm
86949 spacer
>>86947

Socialism is only a decomposed economic horse because neo-liberalism gave it the treatment Bane gives Batman in Dark Knight Rises.

I can respect someone who stands for some straight, old fashioned economic conservatism. I might not agree, but fair play to them. But the thing I loathe more than anything in this world is the crooked form of crony-capitalism based on fossil fuel and middle eastern instability we're letting the global economy just accept as a default.

But I'm telling you- China.
>> No. 86950 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 9:39 pm
86950 spacer
>>86947
>I [...] will be voting Tory
First against the wall when the revolution comes.
>> No. 86952 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 9:59 pm
86952 spacer
Sorry, Remain-lads. Chuka Umunna is my local candidate so I'm going to have to sit this one out.

Hope we get a golden shower this Christmas all the same.

>>86937
>Labour are the only party promising that

The election is being held on a Thursday which is one of the designated days Labour say they're NOT going to hold a referendum.
>> No. 86954 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 10:04 pm
86954 spacer
>>86952
Labour have adopted a written constitution rejecting antisemitism, but that doesn't stop them.
>> No. 86955 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 10:13 pm
86955 spacer
>>86952
What day of the week do they plan holding a referendum on when it comes?
>> No. 86956 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 10:13 pm
86956 spacer
>>86952
>>86954
Yeah, they should have specifically refused to hold it on a saturday.
>> No. 86957 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 10:18 pm
86957 spacer
>>86952
>Chuka Umunna is my local candidate

Posho detected.
>> No. 86958 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 10:27 pm
86958 spacer
Shame really. If we'd managed to put it off till the same time next year, just enough pensioners might have died to tip the odds.
>> No. 86959 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 10:48 pm
86959 spacer
What do you think Brenda from Bristol thinks of all this?
>> No. 86960 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 11:26 pm
86960 spacer
Can we just borrow Japan's Prime Minister for five years? we might have to put up with chessboard porn for a while, but the train services and road infrastructure will be worth the imaginationwanks in the long term.
>> No. 86961 Anonymous
29th October 2019
Tuesday 11:50 pm
86961 spacer
>>86947
So then, you support the hostile environment, Universal Credit, Windrush, the rape clause, Grenfell, child poverty, child refugees, bedroom tax, dementia tax, cuts to legal aid, cuts to disability benefits, cuts to mental health support, and now wasting hundreds of millions of pounds on preparations and advertising for a no-deal IIIWW that never happened, all while crowing about fiscal responsibility.

But none of that really matters to you, does it. We all know why you really vote Tory.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyGND49CBYk
>> No. 86962 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 12:49 am
86962 spacer
>>86961

Just a heads up mate, as a current day labour supporter, it's probably best not to respond in a way that encourages the other person to reply with a list of what the current labour party stands for. You're just serving it to them on a plate, really.
>> No. 86963 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 1:07 am
86963 spacer
>>86961
Oh get over yourself. You support open dolphin rape against Jewish people and are being investigated by the EHRC.
>> No. 86964 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 1:12 am
86964 spacer
>>86963
>promotion and ENFORCEMENT of equality

Oh my gosh hee hee I guess I need to get better at maffs or the EHRC will GET me
>> No. 86965 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 1:22 am
86965 spacer
>>86963

It boggles the mind that people still believe the antisemitism thing that started when Corbyn went against Israel and accusing people of antisemitism is their favourite tactic. You've been told, in advance, that you're going to be lied to about a certain topic yet you still believe what you go on to hear.
>> No. 86966 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 2:51 am
86966 spacer
>>86965
>that you're going to be lied to about a certain topic yet you still believe what you go on to hear

Physician, heal thyself.
>> No. 86967 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 4:53 am
86967 spacer
I can't believe there are people who still think that trying to shame people for voting Tory is actually going to work and get Labour into power.
>> No. 86968 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 7:02 am
86968 spacer
I see this thread's predictably shite.

>>86967
Indeed. Could the cunt doing that place a postal vote then lock himself in a small cupboard until mid-December? Being a BRILLIANT shit doesn't win votes.
>> No. 86969 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 7:21 am
86969 spacer
>>86967

It's painful to see. It always carries an air of smug superiority you can only get by being young/inexperienced that leads you to the assumption that everything is black and white and you're so morally superior, it's impossible to take another position.

It makes me cringe every time I see it.
>> No. 86970 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 7:31 am
86970 spacer
>>86969
> smug superiority you can only get by being young/inexperienced that leads you to the assumption that everything is black and white and you're so morally superior
Well, that's completely false, but whatever.
>> No. 86971 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 8:44 am
86971 spacer
>>86970
There is a tendency amongst 'the left' that they're not just correct, they're morally right. As such, anyone who disagrees with them isn't just wrong, they're also evil.

Sage because this thread is an absolute abortion from start to finish.
>> No. 86972 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 9:16 am
86972 spacer
>>86971
>There is a tendency amongst 'the left' that they're not just correct, they're morally right
The wonderful unspoken implication of this statement is that "the right" don't think they're morally right.
>> No. 86973 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 9:16 am
86973 spacer
>>86971

That's because they believe there are Tory policies that are fundamentally immoral.

I'm not really caught up on modern politics bit Maggie taking away our milk was definitely immoral
>> No. 86974 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 9:25 am
86974 spacer
>>86962
I'm not a Labour supporter, I'm making the point that the Tories are patently worse than the alternatives.

>>86963
I'm not a Labour supporter, but it's telling that you aren't responding by attempting to defend the Tories. Because they are indefensible. (And this is after being told that Labour's only argument is 'but we're not the Tories' - very quick to adopt it yourself!)
>> No. 86975 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 9:41 am
86975 spacer
>>86972
The view of 'the right' tends to be more to do with perceived logic and maturity; other people are wrong because they're naïve and juvenile, they'll grow up eventually, rather than morals coming into it.
>> No. 86976 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 9:48 am
86976 spacer
>>86975
"Perceived" is the operative word there as what is logical to do depends entirely on what you're trying to achieve. At this point it's hard to see what logic is it to vote for the Tories other than to achieve the short term self-interest of a 1%. Do we have so many temporarily embarrassed millionaires in this country too?
>> No. 86977 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 11:07 am
86977 spacer
>>86976
Yes, lad. We get it. You're right and everyone else is wrong.

The only problem with this is that shaming people for voting Tory does not work and loses elections.
>> No. 86978 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 11:25 am
86978 spacer
>>86977
Good thing that this is .gs, and not an election campaign, then, isn't it? Why not respond to the substantive points being made?
>> No. 86979 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 11:47 am
86979 spacer
>>86978
Because that takes effort.
>> No. 86980 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 12:19 pm
86980 spacer
>>86977

Why is the onus on me? That's the same backwards logic as "I became a Nazi because I think Paul Joseph Watsons go too far" or "I'm eating extra steak because I take offence to the way vegans behave". If someone is knowingly and deliberately doing the wrong thing, blaming other people for not stopping them is not logic, it's insane.
>> No. 86981 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 12:48 pm
86981 spacer
>>86980
What exactly is the point of shaming people for voting Tory?

It doesn't get them to change their mind. If anything, it's counterintuitive as it makes people turn into "shy Tories" so you underestimate their level of support and overestimate your own level of support. It's pure egotism over pragmatism.

I'd much rather they didn't win the upcoming election but I'm not going to shame people for voting Tory, no matter how much I disagree with it, because it doesn't fucking work.
>> No. 86982 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 1:16 pm
86982 spacer
>>86981
I refer you back to >>86978
>> No. 86983 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 1:40 pm
86983 spacer
>>86981

I agree with the point that you're making, but it says a lot about how fucked our country is and our general levels of selfishness as a society, in my opinion.

I find the anti-Semitism claims to be a particularly convenient get out of jail free card for Tories. I mean fine, we support starving hundreds of thousands of people, but your party allegedly doesn't like Jews! Allegedly not liking Jews is objectively worse than letting thousands of people (plenty of whom may well be Jewish) starve!

It's tosh and I don't believe a word of it honestly. Seems telling to me that all the Jewish Labour MPs going along with the scandal are also demonstrably non-socialist neo-liberals in the model of a certain previous Labour PM- And how convenient: It's literally anti-Semitic to suggest that these individual Jewish MPs might be unscrupulous enough to use their Jewish background for political gain.

I'm not going to shame anyone for voting Tory but it's really very frustrating just how many people don't realise that the Tories literally offer them nothing. The number of working class people who are the proverbial turkeys voting for Christmas. It's a difficult problem to solve for Labour, and they have the uphill battle against the media establishment to fight alongside it. The people who do engage in this behaviour of Tory shaming are only trying to rationaly persuade their peers that they are voting against their own best interests.

It doesn't work for Labour to shame people out of voting Tory, but why dies it work so well for Tories to shame people out of voting Labour?
>> No. 86984 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 2:34 pm
86984 spacer
>>86983

>I find the anti-Semitism claims to be a particularly convenient get out of jail free card for Tories.

Politics is not football. Criticising one side does not imply support for the other and vice-versa. Labour demonstrably has an anti-Semitism problem, it's utterly unacceptable and it's going to cost them seats at the next election; they need to fix it or find a leader who will. That doesn't make the Tories any more or less worth voting for, but it would be grotesque to pretend that Labour isn't rammed with blatant anti-Semites purely for party political reasons. There's a case to be made that you should vote for Labour in spite of the anti-Semitism, but Labour shouldn't be facing people with that choice.

>The number of working class people who are the proverbial turkeys voting for Christmas. It's a difficult problem to solve for Labour, and they have the uphill battle against the media establishment to fight alongside it.

Polling consistently shows that most IIIWW supporters continue to support IIIWW even if it's certain that they'll be made poorer. That, fundamentally, is why Corbyn is unelectable - he might make the average voter a bit better off, but the average voter would rather be poorer than led by someone they perceive to be weak and unpatriotic. The average voter is well to the left of Corbyn on many issues, but they're well to the right of Johnson on others.

The problem for the poor (as opposed to the working class) is simply that they don't vote and never have done. Pensioners get plum treatment because they reliably turn out on polling day; conversely, shafting someone who has never voted has almost zero political cost.
>> No. 86985 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 2:41 pm
86985 spacer
>>86984
>Politics is not football. Criticising one side does not imply support for the other and vice-versa.
Sadly, this is not how the average voter thinks.
>> No. 86986 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 2:46 pm
86986 spacer
The reason "shaming" people for being Tory doesn't work is because they don't care. You need to point out why people are wrong and not with all that "ooooh, foodbanks and sad school kids" shit because most people don't care. You and I might, but you're a prick and I'm an arsehole and we're still more empathetic than those that don't. You need to point out the detrimental, long term effects that increased numbers of working poor and stressed out kids will have. You can convince people to view things differently, thus increasing the odds they'll vote the same way as you, but not by saying "you're a bastard, you know that?", because no one thinks they're a bastard, even total bastards. If you don't care about doing that then fine, but let it be known that I will push you in front of a bus if I ever meet you, such is the worthlessness of such idiocy.
>> No. 86987 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 3:00 pm
86987 spacer
>>86984

>Labour demonstrably has an anti-Semitism problem

Does it though?

Or does it more honestly have a problem with "fanatical supporters of the state of Israel", in the words of the big fat Jew, Alexi Sayle?

>Polling consistently shows that most IIIWW supporters continue to support IIIWW even if it's certain that they'll be made poorer.

Which is another thing I'm fairly certain Comrade Corbyn knows, deep down in his wooly commie heart, too. But he can't express that view because half his party would mutiny.

Labour is fucked from both within and without, and honestly it's tragic not just for the lower classes. Nobody represents them any more, and it's going to end terribly for everyone. There's just resentment bubbling away everywhere you look.
>> No. 86988 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 4:55 pm
86988 spacer
>>86986
>You need to point out why people are wrong
All the following things that are likely to be detrimental to the working class Tory voters were mentioned
>bedroom tax, dementia tax, cuts to legal aid, cuts to disability benefits, cuts to mental health support, and now wasting hundreds of millions of pounds on preparations and advertising for a no-deal IIIWW that never happened
but brushed away as "shaming" five posts later. It seems as though any criticisms of the Tories are being dismissed as "shaming that won't work".
>> No. 86989 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 5:32 pm
86989 spacer
>>86988
It doesn't work because Tory voters have no shame.
>> No. 86990 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 5:39 pm
86990 spacer
>>86987

>Does it though?

Labour doesn't have an anti-Semitism problem, it's just a slanderous plot by greedy, conniving Israelis to prevent the British people from electing a true socialist leader who will finally solve the problem of globalist bankers.
>> No. 86992 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 5:49 pm
86992 spacer
>>86983
>It doesn't work for Labour to shame people out of voting Tory, but why dies it work so well for Tories to shame people out of voting Labour?

There's two main reasons for this, in my opinion.

• Criticism of Labour tends to come from the left, right and centre. It's said that lefties reserve their strongest bile for those who are also on the left, but to a different extent to themselves. The Tories have their differences, but they largely keep it under a lid for the sake of unity and power; it does boil over, as everything since the EU Referendum has demonstrated, but not very often.

• Media campaigns and individualism. It's easy to accept that most people are poor because they deserve to be so. It's easy to accept that most people on benefits are scroungers. It's easy to accept that they simply need to work harder and the Tories will reward those with aspiration whilst Labour are driven by envy. Things it's easy to digest at a superficial level. The "red lines" why some people won't ever vote Tory can be eroded away or dismissed by the effects of this over time. There's plenty of "red lines" why people won't ever vote Labour, at least with Corbyn in charge, but these tend to be harder to defend or need an explanation that starts with "actually, it's a bit more complicated than that" compared with something overly simplistic and snappy like "don't feed em if you can't breed em". I think I'm meandering so I'll stop.
>> No. 86993 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 6:06 pm
86993 spacer
>>86989
That's not about shame though, that's about things that will make their own lives worse.
>> No. 86994 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 6:17 pm
86994 spacer
>>86991
Very good post - you explain the problem very well.

Labour behave with that student politic / holier than thou attitude - the irony being that mode is very exclusive and doesn’t win people over. I know I’m not one of the cool kids but I also don’t want to be constantly told I’m a bastard.
>> No. 86995 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 6:21 pm
86995 spacer
>>86991
>Obama, once again, is absolutely right.
Careful, lad. When I shared this in one community, the resident idpolist retorted "He just doesn't want to be called out for bombing the Middle East".

The reason the left never get anywhere is because there's always some cunt having a go at their own. No outside force can stop the modern left, they'll implode before they give anyone else a chance.
>> No. 86996 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 6:22 pm
86996 spacer
>>86993
I think for many people austerity is a bit of an abstract concept, particularly if you don't live in a city. So called living within your means, even if it means treating the economy like a bank account.

Austerity is not tangible for me apart from perhaps potholes on the road. I don't use public transport. I don't see homeless people. Crime seems under control where I live. I don't have any problems seeing the dentist or when I've had to use the NHS. I'm not on benefits. I don't use the library. I'm not a public sector worker.

What the Tories in government has directly meant to me is a considerable increase in the personal allowance so my take home pay has gone up. If you live your life unaffected by austerity then I can see how it'd be easy for people to be ignorant of it or to dismiss those who harp on about it as grossly exaggerating for political gain.
>> No. 86997 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 6:23 pm
86997 spacer
>>86994
>Labour behave with that student politic / holier than thou attitude
Can you point to where in the previous manifesto this happens or perhaps some parliament recordings of this happening?
>> No. 86998 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 6:26 pm
86998 spacer
>>86996
>things that are likely to be detrimental to the working class Tory voters
>> No. 86999 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 6:31 pm
86999 spacer
>>86998
Most working class people aren't on benefits, so benefit cuts won't affect them. The message on austerity doesn't work if it doesn't connect with people as it feels alien to them.

You've also got to remember that polling has consistently found that reducing benefits is extremely popular. Never underestimate the level of spite that a poor person has for someone worse off than them
>> No. 87000 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 6:33 pm
87000 spacer
>>86999
Maybe the whole "blaming the firemen for Grenfell" thing will turn a few heads.
>> No. 87001 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 6:34 pm
87001 spacer
>>86988
Yeah, but why? Just saying "thing bad" doesn't usually convince people because other people have said "thing good". If the latter is their starting position then why should they change their mind? You need to have the facts to point out why "thing bad" is actually bad.

People like you are the ball and chain holding back the entire left wing political agenda.
>> No. 87002 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 6:40 pm
87002 spacer
>>87000
Grenfell was massively overblown. I remember the proclamations that it was going to lead to a huge sea change in British politics, which never materialised.
>> No. 87003 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 6:41 pm
87003 spacer
>>87001

Just read the post by the otherlad who actually understood what I was saying.
>> No. 87004 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 6:53 pm
87004 spacer
>>87001
>You need to have the facts to point out why "thing bad" is actually bad.
I think it's obvious to everyone that's been paying attention for the past 3-4 years that nobody cares about facts anymore.
>> No. 87005 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 7:05 pm
87005 spacer
>>87003
I ain't reading shit, you hoe ass bitch.

>>87004
I still think you can convince people with clear and thought out arguments, but most politicians can't or won't do that. Likely because they too think everyone's too much of a dafty for it to be worth the bother.
>> No. 87006 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 7:12 pm
87006 spacer
>>86999

It's probably more appealing for lower income people to want to cut benefits. Where I'm from has quite a few benefits people— that does take the piss when you're giving 40 hours a week to Sainsbury's. If you're a rich city lawyer, you could lose £15,000 a year without really noticing— you probably don't even get how people live on such a wage.

>>87005

It doesn't matter what you think, it hasn't been that way for decades now. Shut up, pay attention, and stop talking like a yank.
>> No. 87007 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 7:34 pm
87007 spacer
>>87005
>I still think you can convince people with clear and thought out arguments
Yes, and that's the problem. The country voted to leave based on clear and thought out arguments that happened to be entirely divorced from anything remotely resembling factual reality.
>> No. 87008 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 7:38 pm
87008 spacer
>>87005

>I still think you can convince people with clear and thought out arguments

You can, sure. But you can much more easily convince people with lies and slander in the Daily Mirror.
>> No. 87009 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 7:43 pm
87009 spacer
>>87007
No, I would say that doesn't really constitute what I would call a "thought out" argument.

>>87008
I don't think it's "much more easy" to do that though, that's just what the majority of newspaper reporting looks like. It's buoyed by the fact that people aren't exposed to proper counter-arguments.
>> No. 87010 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 7:55 pm
87010 spacer
>>87008
The Mirror is just about the only pro-Labour paper out there.
>> No. 87011 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 7:57 pm
87011 spacer
>>87009

If it's not what the majority of newspaper reporting looks like, would you say it's more or less easy to get it published?
>> No. 87012 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 8:11 pm
87012 spacer
>>87009
>No, I would say that doesn't really constitute what I would call a "thought out" argument.
... and you would be wrong.
>> No. 87013 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 9:00 pm
87013 spacer
>>87005
>I still think you can convince people with clear and thought out arguments, but most politicians can't or won't do that. Likely because they too think everyone's too much of a dafty for it to be worth the bother.

As someone in politics, I think that, yes, politicans can do that, but they don't, not because they think people are stupid - it's because it's a huge investment of time and effort simply to change one person's mind. When I first started election campaigning and went knocking on doors I would engage people in conversation, challenge their views, even get invited in for tea and explored their whole personal and political background. But when I took my leave, I realised that, not only have I not altered one iota of their opinions, but I'd wasted the whole afternoon talking to that one person and I still have hundreds more living in the area that I need to speak to. It's just not practical.

It's not glamorous, but it's far easier and simpler to win an election by finding out where the people who support you live, and then reminding them to vote on polling day. And by and large that's the majority of what the major parties do when it comes to elections.
>> No. 87014 Anonymous
30th October 2019
Wednesday 10:55 pm
87014 spacer
>>87013
I admire your honesty - but doesn't that approach just lead to the tribalism we see now?
>> No. 87015 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 8:39 am
87015 spacer
Tory voters are such fucking snowflakes aren't they? Any criticism and it's like "don't shame me, don't shame me". I thought the right-wing was supposed to be about the strength of individuals.
>> No. 87016 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 9:05 am
87016 spacer
>>87015
Nice troll. Take it to The Other Place.
>> No. 87017 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 12:22 pm
87017 spacer
>>87016
You know it's true.
>> No. 87018 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 12:56 pm
87018 spacer
It's threads like these that make me grateful /pol/ is dead most of the time.
>> No. 87019 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 1:04 pm
87019 spacer
>>87017
Right wingers might be prone to pissing and moaning, but you strike me a /pol/fag troll trying to start flame wars because that's all his always online brain can enjoy anymore. Otherwise you're just fucking boring.

>>87018
I wish I was dead most of the time.
>> No. 87020 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 2:19 pm
87020 spacer
Unfortunately with the right wing media behind Bogjob, I think it will be incredibly hard for Jezza to get a majority.
>> No. 87021 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 3:14 pm
87021 spacer
>>87018

Threads like this make me despair, because you two keep shouting at each other over which team you're going to vote for while I just keep waiting for Rome to fucking burn.

Bunch of cunts. Going to put on my "Free Palestine" t-shirt that almost got me detained at Tel-Avil airport and drink Stellas all day because fuck you all.
>> No. 87022 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 4:01 pm
87022 spacer

atheists.png
870228702287022
>>87021
>Threads like this make me despair, because you two keep shouting at each other over which team you're going to vote for while I just keep waiting for Rome to fucking burn.
>> No. 87023 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 4:08 pm
87023 spacer
>>87021
>Going to put on my "Free Palestine" t-shirt that almost got me detained at Tel-Avil airport
Your own fault for putting up with racist airport security.
>> No. 87024 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 7:37 pm
87024 spacer
I don't know who this woman is and it does support the "the Left will eat itself" argument but whatever it's quite funny.
https://twitter.com/matthaig1/status/1189557172922966016
>> No. 87025 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 7:42 pm
87025 spacer

poll.png
870258702587025
It's over. There's no hope for humanity. It's been nice knowing you both, lads.
>> No. 87026 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 7:53 pm
87026 spacer

EIOOTvVX0AEgRyA.jpg
870268702687026
>>87025
>> No. 87027 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 8:04 pm
87027 spacer

EIKapBtXYAIszA8.jpg
870278702787027
Survation are the ones who've been most accurate with their polling in recent years.
>> No. 87028 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 9:11 pm
87028 spacer
>>87027
>most favourable to Labour over recent years

Fixed it for you.
>> No. 87029 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 9:14 pm
87029 spacer
Trump "called in" to ARE NIGE's LBC show earlier. Two things jump out at me.

1. Didn't ARE NIGE have a shitfit when Obama got dragged into the referendum?

2. How is it that the leader of a major-ish political party is allowed to have his own radio show?
>> No. 87030 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 9:52 pm
87030 spacer
>>87029
>2. How is it that the leader of a major-ish political party is allowed to have his own radio show?

I agree - I recall it wasn't so long ago (2013?) that Nick Clegg did a couple of radio shows to universal outrage. Somehow saville doing this regularly is seen as okay.
>> No. 87031 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 9:55 pm
87031 spacer
I vote Tory because I hate Paul Joseph Watson shit. Any faint whiff of political correctness and I'm out. Tories also have nicer suits and hair usually. I like the posho cunts. Mog makes me laugh.
>> No. 87032 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 9:55 pm
87032 spacer
>>87031

Second against the wall when the revolution comes.
>> No. 87033 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 10:24 pm
87033 spacer
>>87031
Agree with most of what you say, but I'm sorry, JRM is a cunt.
>> No. 87034 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 11:00 pm
87034 spacer
Given the number of places Boris has been booed out of now, it's hard to understand who's actually voting for him.

>>87031
Poe's law there.
>> No. 87035 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 11:11 pm
87035 spacer
>>87033
You too will find yourself against the wall, but you'll be much further down the queue. Your appointment will be in the post.
>> No. 87036 Anonymous
31st October 2019
Thursday 11:14 pm
87036 spacer
>>87035
Tory cuts to the execution squad, he'll die of old age first.
>> No. 87037 Anonymous
1st November 2019
Friday 8:04 am
87037 spacer

read the small print.jpg
870378703787037
Ha!
305 posts omitted. First 100 posts shown.

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password