[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
film/video

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply [First 100 posts]
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 22094)
Message
File  []
close
p060z8dd.jpg
220942209422094
>> No. 22094 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 4:28 pm
22094 Secrets of the Masons
There is another Docu about masons on BBC2 Scotland about the Grand Lodge of Scotland on Monday at 9 o'clock called "Secrets of the Masons", which looks like it could be quite interesting. Many English masons complained about their docu, but from what I gather from speaking to my brethern who've seen the video already, this one is quite good.

Worth a watch, if you're interested in The IlluminatiMasonry and... I'll even answer any questions you lads have short of wilfully perjuring myself. Why not, could be a good thread.
Expand all images.
>> No. 22095 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 4:32 pm
22095 spacer
>Many English masons complained about their docu

Nice to see that whatever creepy, arcane society they join, pissing off the English is still more important to them.
>> No. 22096 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 4:36 pm
22096 spacer
>>22095
The Grand Lodge of England had a pretty high profile documentary on Sky last year, we even had a thread about it, which a lot of English masons took Umbrage towards.

I have no idea what you're referencing.
>> No. 22097 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 4:42 pm
22097 spacer
What do masons actually do? Just pretend they're more important than they are?
>> No. 22098 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 4:46 pm
22098 spacer
>>22096

I assumed this was the Scotch Masons or something, because it's on BBC Scotland and all.

How many kids have you murdered to honour Molek, you disgusting nonce cunt?
>> No. 22099 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 5:01 pm
22099 spacer
>>22097
>pretend they're more important than they are?
What makes you say this?

Masonry is about being a better person and charity, first and foremost. It's open to absolutely anyone that believes there is a higher power, including women (no women rule is a myth, see: Grand Lodge of The Eastern Star) and that is how its worded; masonry is speculative and is entirely open to the interpretation of the individual and they welcome all faiths and all races.

There is an oath, where you promise to keep the secrets masons use to identify each other, but nothing that would inflate your ego. The journey to become a Master Mason is all about de-constructing the ego. Masons aren't told they are special, they are implicitly told never to disgrace their station or be cast out. Most masons, in Scotland at least, do something with their lives that tries to enrich society and benefit their fellow man. Paramedics, teachers, councillors, care workers, etc. There are more traditional lodges that only recruit people from the construction industry, but that is about preserving the history and origin of the craft not elitism.

The Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of England is the Duke of Kent, so I can understand if you think it's full of toffs, however the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Scotland is just some guy who has devoted his life to being a better person.
>> No. 22100 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 5:02 pm
22100 spacer
>>22098
Your reading comprehension needs considerable work, lad.
>> No. 22101 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 5:04 pm
22101 spacer
>>22099

>The Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of England is the Duke of Kent

So it's as many kiddies as you can muster or more like one a month? How many fucking kids have you personally seen killed, you despicable twat?
>> No. 22102 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 5:13 pm
22102 spacer
>>22099

>There is an oath, where you promise to keep the secrets masons use to identify each other

Why? What purpose does this serve? Simple tradition?

>What makes you say this?

Just that in my experience, masons tend to love to mention the masons and how great they are. It feels like an ego thing to me. You did just spend two paragraphs telling me how much you enrich society.

What would I gain from joining a lodge that I couldn't achieve by giving my money to cancer kids or something?
>> No. 22103 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 5:14 pm
22103 spacer
>>22101
How bizarre.

FOAM FROM HIS MOUTH
STEAM FROM HIS EARS, etc.
>> No. 22104 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 5:27 pm
22104 spacer
>>22102
I spent two paragraphs telling you how much I respect my peers, I never made any claim as to my own contribution as it's not as pronounced, but I do think Masons are a net benefit to society as they consistently raise thousands of pounds every week for local charities that help the elderly or the disabled that don't receive Govt funding. Also, these people tend to come to masonry after they've already chosen their careers. Almost like something about it attracted them, but I digress.

Freemasonry is a brotherhood, so by joining or more accurately by the lodge accepting you you'll never find yourself destitute because your brothers will help you if you find yourself in trouble. You also get the opportunity to mingle with people from all walks of life and be treated as an equal, which is no small thing. What you get out of it is entirely dependant on what you put into it. You can study the mysteries and progress or simply spend your time meeting like minded people who share your values.
>> No. 22105 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 5:40 pm
22105 spacer
So I was obviously taking the piss by accusing him of worshipping Molek and killing children, but the way in which he hasn't said "that's obviously not true, idiot", is a touch alarming, I've probably just freaked a square though.

However, I am genuinely distrustful of any organisation who's beliefs are "doing charity and being nice", because everyone believes in that, and even a Mason can lie, mate. And the entire culture of secrecy is repelent, if you can't see how that can lead to seriously dangerous situations then you haven't been paying attention.
>> No. 22106 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 5:48 pm
22106 spacer
>>22105
>"doing charity and being nice"
Tories, in other words. Fuck them.
>> No. 22107 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 5:50 pm
22107 spacer
>>22102
>Why? What purpose does this serve? Simple tradition?

To add, it's to stop non-masons from entering the Lodge under false pretences and to prevent masons who aren't raised into a specific degree from being exposed to masonic secrets before they've done the corresponding degree.

Masonic lodges have been convenient scapegoats for civil unrest across the ages, which has helped shape the Order's practises. People turned away for not knowing the signs and passwords assumed we must be devil worshippers because reasons. The Nazi party thought they were Jewish puppets, because of some of the Abrahamic symbolism, and started wiping them out. They're rightly paranoid about outsiders as a result, as a similar thing happened in Saudi Arabia recently and it's outlawed for being Jewish... or something, I'm unclear on it.

The Royal family being masons going back hundreds of years fuels conspiracy theories about it, too. The reason they join though is, ironically, philanthropic as Masonic charities tend to be grass roots.
>> No. 22108 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 5:59 pm
22108 spacer
>>22094
I visited their central hall/HQ in Covent Garden a while ago - quite brilliant building.
>> No. 22109 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:00 pm
22109 spacer
>>22107

I still don't get why - you've just said that they need to be secretive because their secrecy breeds suspicion. That's circular logic at its finest. I fully understand the need for privacy, from government in particular, but if what you're trying to hide can be described as raising money for charity and mingling, then no embedded intelligence agent has any grounds to act against to anyway.

What I mean is, nobody's trying to persecute the Rotary Club.

Either the secret passwords are an ego thing or there's a legitimate need for secrecy within the lodge. I'd prefer it was the former.
>> No. 22110 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:03 pm
22110 spacer
>>22109
>Rotary Club

Actually I find it amusing and interesting that they've been mentioned in this thread - people who are Rotarians use exactly the same arguments as the people who are Masons. I would like to believe that they both do exactly the same things, albeit the Masons seem to have a penchant for dressing up and ritual. Like you though, concerned about all these secret handshakes/passwords and meeting places - Rotarians seem to achieve just the same without all that. Interesting.

Anyone here a Rotarian, for balance?
>> No. 22111 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:04 pm
22111 spacer
>>22105
It's obviously bollocks, I thought you were a loon and arguing with you would have been a waste of energy. You need to be 18 to even enter a lodge, and even then you need to accompanied by your Dad, who also needs to be a mason, until you're 21.

Everyone doesn't believe in the kind of socialist values Masonry holds dear, which is as far from >>22106 this as I can imagine. I have no doubt there are Tories who are masons because I know a few, but it's mostly working class people. The fact they vote Tory doesn't stop them from spending their weekend transporting the elderly to social clubs to get them out the house, they're not claiming these pensioners should have planned for their retirement better by needing charity.

I mean, how do you even define a Tory? As someone who votes conservative or a royalist right-wing Christian fundamentalist? All the Masons I know, regardless of their political affiliation, are really left wing. You've now got me contemplating what sort of cognitive dissonance is going on in their minds.

Politics is out and out banned from the lodge though, politicos are shunned heavily as it has nothing to do with freemasonry.
>> No. 22112 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:09 pm
22112 spacer
>>22111

>It's obviously bollocks, I thought you were a loon and arguing with you would have been a waste of energy. You need to be 18 to even enter a lodge, and even then you need to accompanied by your Dad, who also needs to be a mason, until you're 21.

That's the sort of rule I'd publicly state if my secret organisation was sacrificing children, too.
>> No. 22113 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:11 pm
22113 spacer
>>22109
The order protects a story, which you learn as you progress. That story is seen as important enough to need secrecy. They are called the mysteries.

The majority of Rotarians are also masons, by the by. So are the Colliers and Miners Welfare organisations, as well as the British Legion. There is a lot of crossover.
>> No. 22114 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:19 pm
22114 spacer
>>22111

So Freemasons believe in nothing and insist on complete secrecy regardless? What the hell for? I mean, if you don't understand the absurdity of that then I guess you're too dumb to join any other club. And someone's pointed out the ego factor of being a Freemason and how much humble-bragging you lot do, which seems like what you've done by making this thread.

You STILL haven't taken sacrificing children to Molek off the table so that's still a possibility as far as I'm concerned, and I didn't even really think that until I started posting ITT.
>> No. 22115 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:20 pm
22115 spacer
>>22109
>you've just said that they need to be secretive because their secrecy breeds suspicion.
No I didn't. I added that the lodge is suspicious of outsiders, I didn't say that was why they are secretive. It was an observation, there really is no need to be antagonistic. As time goes on, the combined arse clenching of the Order is relaxing which is why Documentaries like this are being made.

To clarify, I'm not trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking here. Masonic ritual isn't going to be for you if you're not spiritual and are atheist, although anti-theists abound within the lodge as the organisation is so old it has witnessed countless horrors committed against themselves and others in the name of Religion.
>> No. 22116 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:21 pm
22116 spacer
>>22113

>The order protects a story, which you learn as you progress. That story is seen as important enough to need secrecy. They are called the mysteries.

Amazing. I'm going to make it my life's work to uncover them. Or this evening, at least.

I'm assuming this is a false flag to distract investigators from the truth, though.
>> No. 22117 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:23 pm
22117 spacer
>>22115

I'm genuinely not trying to antagonise. I want to understand.
>> No. 22118 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:27 pm
22118 spacer
>>22114
I don't even know who or what the fuck Molek is m8, what do you want a signed statement? A mason killed his mother with a sword because he thought she was possessed by a demon recently, if that satisfies you.

There is absolutely nothing stopping someone who believes in "Molek" from becoming a mason though. He'd be booted out after, let me think here... maybe the 3rd child? One or two could be chalked up as accident, but 3 is a clear pattern of behaviour.

I made this thread to talk about the TV show that is going to be on the telly and answer questions. If you still think it's weird, I'm cool with that.
>> No. 22119 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:30 pm
22119 spacer
>>22116
>I'm assuming this is a false flag to distract investigators from the truth, though.
Are your referring to the Molek worship? Clearly, that is no longer a secret.
>> No. 22120 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:39 pm
22120 spacer
>>22119

Who knows. I find it increasingly curious that it does truly appear that either truly no mason has ever discussed the secrets, or that any that have have been effectively silenced.

Either it's a dull secret that's not worth the effort of leaking, as you allude, or it's so profound and worldbreaking that it's protected in dark and sinister ways.

I'm excited to find out.
>> No. 22121 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 6:42 pm
22121 spacer
>>22117
You and a bunch of theologians get together and decide "You know what is nice? God." and you're friend says, "But anon, there is more than one god." and you say "Who am I to say who is right and who is wrong? Lets make a club where we can talk about the shared values we have and organise raffles to raise money for meals on wheels."

And so an organisation was born. But, then people are like "DEVIL WORSHIPERS" because one lad was like "You're god is shit mine is better!" and they kicked him out on his arse for tipping the charity bucket. He was right miffed and got a van load of boyos round and burned it down.

You and your buds think "Hmm, we need to make sure people aren't mental if they want to join. We'll start interviewing people and only let other people like us come so that doesn't happen again" but your friend says "How will we know if they're like us?"

"Don't worry, I have an idea."

Boom, freemasonry.
>> No. 22122 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 7:03 pm
22122 spacer
>>22120
>Either it's a dull secret that's not worth the effort of leaking
Pretty much. It's mostly just ways to identify each other. The mysteries, however, are about self-improvement and silent contemplation. One of the promises a mason makes is to work towards being a better person, and that is what you have to do to progress and learn.

From that perspective, it makes sense that you get so much encouragement from within to do these things and why none of them talk about, because it's unique to them. Everyone's interpretation of the mysteries that are revealed to them is different too, which is why there is no unified theory of what freemasonry is and should be other than equality, self improvement and charity.

If you actually seriously want to know, anyone could easily, but what you learn may not be what other people think or feel about it.
>> No. 22123 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 7:12 pm
22123 spacer
>>22121

Still doesn't explain why a charity drive needs so much secrecy. Churches got burned down too but I don't see my local reverends sharing a secret nod.

You can admit it's just because it's cool. It's why I encrypt my hard drives. The most secretive document on my system is my CV, but it's still fun to play espionage and have a drive I can remotely scramble with a special key.
>> No. 22124 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 8:51 pm
22124 spacer
>>22123
Charity is big deal in freemasonry, as altruism is a choice and not a natural impulse we have towards strangers. However, the self is the root of all ritual and the things they teach make people nervous, especially the Church (who don't like masons) as their dogma states God can only be found through them. The secrecy is there to prevent cries of Charlatan and heretic and to prevent the uninitiated from learning what they teach.

It's more complicated than just doing it to be elaborate and cool, although you're right in suggesting it has that element as I happen to think it is pretty cool, it's about learning to be a free thinker first, then a leader. Leading the way forward for mankind. America was founded, by masons, on the idea that all men are born free and equal and have the right to practise their own personal religion freely without persecution. It didn't necessarily stay that way, but if anything that is just proof that Masons don't actually pull the strings.
>> No. 22126 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 11:00 pm
22126 spacer
Oh, hang on, lads, it's spelt "Moloch", my mistake.
>> No. 22127 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 11:11 pm
22127 spacer
>>22126

Oh Moloch! yeah, we worship the fuck out of him, obviously.
>> No. 22128 Anonymous
17th March 2018
Saturday 11:43 pm
22128 spacer
>>22126
The Baby Eating Bishop of Bath is my favourite swipe at the Church because it reminds me of Moloch. The Torah is full of really overt shade being fired at other religions and faiths and Chistianity ships it wholesale, Satan being chief among them. Many theologians think he is supposed to represent Moloch or Baal, based on his description and the fact Satan means adversary and he is Canaanite god in direct competition with Judaism. The fact the Canaanites are also widely thought to be the Ancient Greeks, makes it more interesting. There are many layers to peel away there.

Rabbis would never admit that, but a Jewish theologian who is also a mason would. Take from that what you will. Freemasonry is a lot like like Tolkien's mono-myth insofar as It has lectures on absolutely everything and anything theological (as opposed to etymological).
>> No. 22129 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 12:57 am
22129 spacer
Masonry might be about charity and open to all religions at the lower levels but when you enter the Scottish rite it starts becoming a load of Christian Gnostic crap about what the 'true' name of god is and I know more secrets then you do bullshit.
>> No. 22130 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 1:45 am
22130 spacer
>>22129
People fucking love a secret - have noticed this at work. I can see why people get sucked into it all.
>> No. 22131 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 2:14 am
22131 spacer
>>22129
The Scottish rite isn't widely practised in the UK (The Grand Lodge of Scotland is the York rite, which is confusing to people; I know) or indeed the rest of the world. The majority of overseas lodges are chartered by the Grand lodge of Scotland or the Unified Grand Lodge of England (UGLE), mostly the latter, until they are able to form a Grand Lodge of their own, because everyone except the yanks know how they operate is underhanded. The yanks do seem to like it and you're right in that it's got lot of high ranking evangelical arseholes who regularly spit the dummy and suspend amity with each other. The GLoNY doesn't talk to the GLoSCO any more because one of their lodges in Lebanon took in masons that had been expelled for the GLoNY for petty, political reasons. This was 8 years ago, and they were becoming friends again when good old Lebanon, now an independent GL of the York rite, voted to promote the gents in question to a more senior position as they served with distinction, GLoNY lost the plot. There are several States who don't even talk to each other because the other has a gay member, it's bizarre and quite far removed from the grassroots freemasonry that exists in the UK and elsewhere.

It's a bit of a running joke among the wider masonic world that when one of the States do a visit abroad they take more 33rd degree masons with them than exist in that whole country, because they hand out degrees to whoever is willing to pay for them and not on merit. GLoSCO and the UGLE don't hold no truck with that nonsense. For Example, the GLoNZ follows the York rite and they have 5. The UK as a whole has 9 and how it works is when one dies, the brethren elect a new one. The only person I can conceivable say probably didn't earn their position is the Queens cousin, the Duke of Kent, based on voting records. He gets re-elected as Grand Master of the UGLE unanimously every single year and no one stands against him. He'll remain there till he stands down or dies, I reckon.
>> No. 22132 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 2:18 am
22132 spacer
>>22131
You're my new favourite poster.
>> No. 22133 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 3:21 am
22133 spacer
>>22132

harumph
>> No. 22134 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 3:31 am
22134 spacer
Reminder to self that I need to add the Freemasons' Hall in London to my list of "global centers of occult power to bump ket in" ticklist.

If any of you Manson Mason lads have anywhere to add (other than every fucking place that Crowley and Mathers lived I mean) then please feel free.

I feel another tour coming on. May 2018 be the new 2014! Much like The Equinox we shall only publish tour every four years.

IAO
>> No. 22137 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 5:11 am
22137 spacer

Freemasons_Hall_London.jpg
221372213722137
>>22134
>Freemasons' Hall in London

It is genuinely a fucking amazing building. A company I worked at held an end-of-year offsite there - the inside is even better. The main hall where they do their thing is full of geometric shapes, tiled patterns on the floor and weird ceiling paintings, its a proper trip.

They also got the catering staff to wear these hooded cloaks, like tall Ewoks. It was a great party. If you can get inside and have a look, do - even from the outside on the street it looks really imposing.
>> No. 22138 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 5:48 am
22138 spacer
>>22137

> ull of geometric shapes, tiled patterns on the floor and weird ceiling paintings, its a proper trip

maybe I should predose 300mg of mescaline before I bump 100m of K up each nostril in the bogs before tantricly ejaculating a into a pair of Pippa Middletond undercrackers snowdropped from when she used to run that middleton familly party planing business.

Either way.
>> No. 22139 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 5:52 am
22139 spacer
>>22138
It is definitely that kind of place.
>> No. 22140 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 5:55 am
22140 spacer
>>22139

I'm struggling to think of a place that wouldn't suit >>22138's style of recreation.
>> No. 22141 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 6:04 am
22141 spacer
>>22140

To be fair Anne Frank house was a real fucking downer. I had to be dissuaded from reciting Churchill's "We'll fight them on the beaches" speech. I wanted to ask every Dutch cunt why they capitulated when we would have fought to every last man woman and child. I wanted to know why they felt like they had the right to make a fake museum to fake remorse for people the openly handed over because they were too afraid to die.

Tl;DR - don't go Anne Frank House on drugs or you might spend 10 hours crying and repeating over and over "We'll fight them on the landing fields and in the streets, but we will never surrender".
>> No. 22142 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 6:06 am
22142 spacer
>>22141
I'm in Amsterdam (taking the whole family, might be a mistake) in a couple of weeks - will definitely do this.
>> No. 22143 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 6:17 am
22143 spacer
>>22142

Honest advice from the above wreckhead whose mechanisms are fucked and receptors no longer work: go sober, if you go. I've not known anyone go sober and not break down crying at some point. That house holds some seriously negative energy. Don't be a clown and go with a head full of everything and start ranting and raving about how the Dutch were cunts for capitulating, that's how us Brits get bad reputations.

Also if you get get out before 3pm you can visit the Westerkerk next door , probably my favourite church in Amsterdam and offload/cry out your bad felings.
>> No. 22144 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 6:26 am
22144 spacer
>>22143
> the Dutch were cunts for capitulating, that's how us Brits get bad reputations.

Oh I have been there tons of times and understand the politics quite well. The Rotterdam/Ajax football fans hissing at each other (to recall the gas chambers) has always blown me away in terms of sheer cruelty.

More concerned about how I will explain the "ladies in the windows" to my pre-teen boys. Already rehearsing that one.

I will make them visit the Anne Frank House though, that's a good call.
>> No. 22145 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 6:29 am
22145 spacer
>>22143

Not the same but similar, standing in Dachau felt like a drug itself - it's very overwhelming to think about it all, especially when there's a crowd of equally sombre people standing there. I felt dizzy and dissociated the whole time.

I'd definitely have shaved my bonce and demanded stripey pajamas for 'the experience' if I'd dropped a dose that day.
>> No. 22146 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 6:30 am
22146 spacer
>>22144

>More concerned about how I will explain the "ladies in the windows" to my pre-teen boys. Already rehearsing that one.

They're like living mannequins for sexy bras?
>> No. 22147 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 6:35 am
22147 spacer
>>22146
older one, going to be straight about it: You can pay these ladies to be your girlfriend for an hour.

younger one: They just like dancing in the window for people.
>> No. 22148 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 6:39 am
22148 spacer
>>22147

>older one, going to be straight about it: You can pay these ladies to be your girlfriend for an hour.

You're only going to have to re-explain in a couple of years that you actually pay them to be entirely unlike your girlfriend for an hour.

Really though, that's a fair plan.
>> No. 22149 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 1:50 pm
22149 spacer
>>22145
I felt a similar thing at the Hohenschonhausen prison in Berlin; the shit the East Germans did there was nothing short of horrifying.
>> No. 22150 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 3:26 pm
22150 spacer
>>22149
I have only been to Berlin once but I absolutely fucking loved the place. Tons of weird, spooky buildings and architecture. Spent a happy couple of days just walking everywhere.

Reminded me of some of the rougher bits of East London before the gentrification and the twats moved in.
>> No. 22151 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 3:48 pm
22151 Secret society and funny handshakes or brotherhood of man?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-43385303

>Mr Rudland says: "We are using the teachings in freemasonry to make that individual a better person - going from a rough ashlar to a smooth ashlar.
"One of the basic tenets we have for freemasonry is taking good men and making them better."

I didn't know I was allowed to talk about that, but it's an interesting concept I've been lucky enough to watch a lecture about. An ashlar is the stone they use for the foundation stone of a new building, you represent the ashlar; rough and unshaped. You are then molded by your intender through your degrees in the pursuit of perfection. Perfection is an impossible goal, so smoothing down the rough sides is about change. Masons are expected to make small steps forward towards change every day, while first an foremost upholding their station without disgracing it.

As mentioned in that article also, masons who are police don't care if you're in the craft. You're expected to live within the law and if anything, they come down harder if you fuck up and try and weasel out. I'm a 3rd generation "Lewis" mason, and my Dad is not welcome back at his mother lodge because he is was a wife beater. The policeman who attended was a brother of the same lodge and he was horsed out as a result. He could attend other lodges assuming they didn't know who he was, but he'd be found out eventually.

This furthers the concept of the ashlar, as an imperfection in the stone is acceptable but anything which comprimises the structural integrity of the stone is a risk to the integrity of the building and cast aside. Masons serve as a foundation for the lodge, so he was expelled. Character flaws are largely supported, addiction or violence wont get you kicked on its own, for example, but spousal abuse, rape, murder, theft; all expelling offences.
>> No. 22152 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 4:12 pm
22152 spacer
>>22151
Interesting - why wasn't the Policeman involved allowed back to his same lodge though? I don't get that bit.
>> No. 22153 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 5:46 pm
22153 spacer
>>22152
Thr policeman who attended the 999 call was in my Dad’s lodge. Sorry.
>> No. 22154 Anonymous
18th March 2018
Sunday 5:56 pm
22154 spacer
>>22153
That is an interesting aspect of the story - we are led to believe that a secret handshake would have got him off.

I like the analogy about a rough stone though. Thats the first time I have heard about how all these rituals link back to the practice of, well, using masonry and building stuff out of stones.
>> No. 22155 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 12:16 am
22155 spacer
>>22154
I sometimes wonder if freemasonry has the answer to the suicide epidemic among young males. They teach pretty useful values and life skills and ask nothing more than you apply them in your life and treat your brothers with respect, uniting men in fraternal kinship, something that is often lacking in young men's lives. It could be quite fulfilling for people who feel rudderless and the fact the organisation is non-religious and only requires belief in a higher power makes it open to most people, I'd think.
>> No. 22156 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 12:17 am
22156 spacer
>>22155
Don't let the women know, they'll destroy it.
>> No. 22157 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 12:18 am
22157 spacer
>>22155

How does one even join?
>> No. 22159 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 12:20 am
22159 spacer
>>22156
You raise a good point actually. How come all these secret/not so secret societies are all dudes?
>> No. 22160 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 12:33 am
22160 spacer
>>22159

My guess is that if there are secret female societies, they were out of politically necessity and thus didn't last as long. Do the suffragettes count? It's easier to afford the luxury of a self improvement society when you can already vote etc. And any attempt at a large, clandestine gathering of women for the past couple of centuries has likely been discouraged.

There's a facebook group of only women that post about dodgy/cheating blokes they meet on tinder. That's probably the modern equivalent, right?
>> No. 22161 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 12:37 am
22161 spacer
>>22159

Oh, wait.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41804543
>> No. 22162 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 12:41 am
22162 spacer
>>22157
If you know a Mason, they vouch for you. If you don't, you telephone/email the Grand Lodge and enquire and they'll tell you about open nights, which are fairly common, or give you your local lodge's contact details. They'll then get you in for a chat and you go from there.
>> No. 22163 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 12:46 am
22163 spacer

_98554686_fmbk6703.jpg
221632216322163
>>22161
Wow - although their hall is a bit low rent compared to the place in Covent Garden.
>> No. 22164 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 12:51 am
22164 spacer
>>22156
The Grand Lodge of the Eastern Star is mostly women and their ritual is beautiful, but they struggle to recruit young women. They themselves have reported that they can't find many young women who are willing to commit to the mindset of self improvement and charity and the ones they do get in are reluctant to take office, because they don't want the responsibility. What we know for certain is this a new phenomenon, as 30 years ago the GLoTES was thriving and young women were excited about taking office.

I have no idea what has happened in the last 30 years, societally speaking, to cause this shift in attitude, but I suspect it's the same thing causing men to off themselves in greater numbers than at any time in recorded history.
>> No. 22165 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 1:21 am
22165 spacer
>>22164

>commit to the mindset of self improvement and charity

Because everyone already believes in those things, you big weirdo. It's like starting the "Society for the Advancement of Not Being Rude to Service Staff and Tolerating Kids on Public Transport", we don't need it because it's already a given.
>> No. 22166 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 1:29 am
22166 spacer
>>22165
>Because everyone already believes in those things, you big weirdo.

I admire your post, because you sound like a good person, really. But most people don't believe in those things.

Call me a cynic.
>> No. 22167 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 1:57 am
22167 spacer
>>22165
Altruism towards strangers is not a common trait among human beings. Charity isn't just about money either, as anyone can donate money for any number of reasons. Charity of the Heart is by far the most important part of what freemasonry espouses.

Let me give you a better example. Each lodge has an Almoner. His position involves, among other things, making sure all the elderly members and the widows of members who've died are looked after. That is the majority of what he does, every day, on top of his career, but he also liaises with other Almoners to ensure that if anyone moves into his jurisdiction he can look after them as well.

You think everyone already does what an Almoner does instinctively and not only does everyone do that, it's a given. A given that people should act like that. If that were true, then why does evil and neglect exist? More to the point, why do you think that people working towards a society where those things don't exist is weird?
>> No. 22168 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 2:01 am
22168 spacer
>>22167
You're starting to fucking convince me lad.

Explain the breast/knee bit next. What's that all about?

And please, describe the handshake and what it means.
>> No. 22169 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 2:08 am
22169 spacer
>>22168
I'm not going to describe the handshake, but it doesn't mean anything really. It's just a way to identify a brother mason.

What are you asking me when you want me to explain "breast/knee"?
>> No. 22170 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 2:13 am
22170 spacer
>>22169
I thought there was some part of the initiation ritual where you had to bare a breast and show your knee - the BBC article about the women lodge earlier in the thread refers to it and its fairly common knowledge.

Interesting that you won't describe the handshake - do you always use it when you meet people?
>> No. 22171 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 2:25 am
22171 spacer
>>22170
>do you always use it when you meet people?
Yes. I guarantee you've been given that handshake in the past and because of how our brains work you probably tried to mirror his actions resulting in a weird handshake. Also, any one who shakes your hand and calls you brother is probably a mason unless they actually are your brother, but perhaps even then.

>bare a breast and show your knee
Yeah, OK. The knee part is symbolic, but it's part of the ritual so I can't explain it, but the breast thing is to make sure you don't have tits as women are excluded from UGLE and GLoSCO lodges. It does have another reason, but that's also part of the ritual so I can't explain it.
>> No. 22173 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 3:12 am
22173 spacer
>>22171
Do you have to be such a fucking tease?
>> No. 22174 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 3:15 am
22174 spacer
>>22172
Sorry, lad. It's just the way it is.
>> No. 22175 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 3:26 am
22175 spacer
>>22171
I call people brother all the time though.
>> No. 22176 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 3:28 am
22176 spacer
>>22173

I think that's how they draw us in. It's marketing. We'd not give a shit if you could just walk right in.
>> No. 22177 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 3:30 am
22177 spacer
>>22175
Hence, "probably".
>> No. 22178 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 3:46 am
22178 spacer
I just don't understand why an organisation supposedly dedicated to helping old biddies get their shopping home and generally doing their best Mr Chips impression needs to keep so many God damned secrets. Why do you need a handshake? Why not just say "I am a Mason too, which lodge do you molest children practice lying act benevolent at?" Sure, they could lie to you, but if someone starts talking about a show or a film they haven't actually seen you'd know, wouldn't you? That goes for Masonic gatherings too, I'd imagine. And even if they did who cares because you don't do anything worth lying about, nor can you benefit other Masons in the real world, right? RIGHT? Not a lick of this makes any damn sense, it's completely circular. And if you're so worried about people not trusting you, why don't you just tell them this crap? Is it a chaos magic thing, where you just pretend you have some kind of magical aura and that makes it true in a psychological sense? Or are the Duke of Kent and that "nice Scottish chap" actually 12ft tall reptiles!? And why aren't there dozens of former Masons telling me this shit!? WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THAT FUCKING LODGE!?

The next people I see doing a handshake that's not as vanilla as it comes are getting kegged.
>> No. 22179 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 3:59 am
22179 spacer
>>22178
>WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THAT FUCKING LODGE!?
No two freemasons will give you the same answer.
>> No. 22180 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 4:01 am
22180 spacer

_98653240_roshni-2.jpg
221802218022180
>>22164
I would bare my breast to her and let her stab me, IYKWIM.
>> No. 22181 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 4:02 am
22181 spacer
>>22179

All the suspenders in the world won't save you.
>> No. 22182 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 4:03 am
22182 spacer
>>22178
>I just don't understand why an organisation supposedly dedicated to helping old biddies get their shopping home and generally doing their best Mr Chips impression

This seems to be your problem. You've already made up your mind its completely pointless, so the retina of your mind contracts when given reasons as to why it isn't.
>> No. 22183 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 4:10 am
22183 spacer
>>22182

I'm not saying it's pointless, Mr Chips was a good man, I'm saying it's too incredibly mundane to require any kind of secrecy. It's like if you started volunteering at a food bank and after a couple of days there you got asked to have a bar code tatooed on the back of your neck. I mean, nothing bad is happening, and it's a harmless experience, but why!?
>> No. 22184 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 4:23 am
22184 spacer
>>22183
You can walk away from the Masons at any time unbranded, so your hyperbole is a tad histrionic all things considered.

The secrecy element has been explained several times, it's to stop people who they haven't vetted from learning what they don't want outsiders to know. It's as simple as that. If you want to know that badly why not just join and if you don't like it, leave. No one is going to try and kill you for leaving, they'd even take you back if you decided later you wanted to return.

Are you autistic? I've noticed a few people I've supported through work and elsewhere who've had autism get really worked up about secrets.
>> No. 22185 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 4:51 am
22185 spacer
>>22184

>The secrecy element has been explained several times, it's to stop people who they haven't vetted from learning what they don't want outsiders to know.

That's not an explanation, you berk. The Army would keep a secret to stop a mission from being jeopardised, F1 teams keep secrets to maintain an edge over the opposition, the Mason's keep secrets to keep secrets. The idea of keeping a secret is fine, but if there's no reason to be keeping a secret, then what's the point?

>so your hyperbole is a tad histrionic all things considered.
>Are you autistic? I've noticed a few people I've supported through work and elsewhere who've had autism get really worked up about secrets.

It's almost as though I was being knowingly over the top when I accused your leaders of being David Ike's worst nightmare and threatened to pull people's trousers down if I saw them doing a handshake a bit funny.
>> No. 22186 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 7:08 am
22186 spacer
All this time this website has been a secret recruitment ground for the masons.
>> No. 22187 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 7:25 am
22187 spacer
>>22186
Well evidently the Masons take themselves very seriously.
>> No. 22188 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 11:16 am
22188 spacer
>>22185
So, yes? I'm trying to to understand.
>> No. 22189 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 3:15 pm
22189 spacer
>>22186
Of all the weird groups that have come here trying to recruit people, the masons are probably okay.
>> No. 22190 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 5:54 pm
22190 spacer
>>22189
People tend to understand a recruitment drive when people are trying to sell themselves, even if they don't agree with what they're peddling, but the Masons don't actively recruit and wont tell you what it involves beyond "smoothing down the rough" and I think it freaks people out because it makes them wonder "Why doesn't this cult want me? Cults love me!".

It's like when they make young Gallifreyans stare into the Time Vortex and sometimes it drives them mad, but sometimes it creates great leaders.
>> No. 22191 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 6:21 pm
22191 spacer
>>22190
>It's like when they make young Gallifreyans stare into the Time Vortex and sometimes it drives them mad, but sometimes it creates great leaders.

Wankers.
>> No. 22192 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 6:39 pm
22192 spacer
So what's the difference between the masons and, say, joining a rotary club or roundtable group?
>> No. 22193 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 6:47 pm
22193 spacer
>>22192
Have a read of the thread m8.
>> No. 22194 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 6:58 pm
22194 spacer
>>22193
They're more or less the same thing but with poncey outfits and secret handshakes?
>> No. 22195 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 7:34 pm
22195 spacer
>>22194
One organisation focuses on raising up men, young and old, by giving their lives purpose through allegorical teachings based on the values and skills stonemasons taught their apprentices, which just so happen to be steeped in mysticism and not open to outsiders.

The Rotary Club is a hobbyist social club where you can network, meet people and get contacts to try and improve your career.

They are both great organisations (which have a lot of crossover) who spend a great deal of time being charitable and people join one or the other or both, depending on what they need or want from life. If you have to ask "Why should I join?" or "What's in it for me?" don't join. People seek out freemasonry of their own free will, in fact it requires that you be uninfluenced by the bias of friends and that you hold no mercenary motives; you need to want to be there. Not everyone does. Based on the information on this thread, you should be able to make up your mind if it sounds like something worth taking part in.
>> No. 22196 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 7:36 pm
22196 spacer
>>22195

>we don't want you if you're not a nepotist wanker

Pretty much.

Burn the lot of them.
>> No. 22197 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 7:44 pm
22197 spacer
>>22195

If the freemasons are so honourable, then why are they so secretive?
>> No. 22198 Anonymous
19th March 2018
Monday 7:59 pm
22198 spacer
>>22197
Because the plebs just don't understand.
63 posts omitted. First 100 posts shown.

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password