[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
food

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply [Last 50 posts]
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 13192)
Message
File  []
Embed  
close
maxresdefault.jpg
131921319213192
>> No. 13192 Anonymous
22nd January 2020
Wednesday 5:53 pm
13192 spacer
This is going to be our food review thread.
598 posts omitted. Last 50 posts shown. Expand all images.
>> No. 14475 Anonymous
16th June 2021
Wednesday 10:07 pm
14475 spacer
>>14474

I'd be disgusted too if my sister stole my fake handlebar moustache prop and used it as eyebrows.
>> No. 14476 Anonymous
17th June 2021
Thursday 11:34 am
14476 spacer
>>14473
Who on earth is doing their advertising? They couldn't make any aspect of this look any more unappealing. Who just has a plain burger between two slices of bread anyway?
>> No. 14477 Anonymous
17th June 2021
Thursday 11:42 am
14477 spacer
>>14476
I assume that's just pair of YouTube bods in their video's thumbnail. I doubt the company had a hand in it. Right with you on the plain burger point though.
>> No. 14478 Anonymous
17th June 2021
Thursday 12:53 pm
14478 spacer
>>14476
>Who just has a plain burger between two slices of bread anyway?

Men.


But seriously, the patty and bun are the most important parts of a burger and I'll happily lose my weekend over this. 'Messy burgers' are an abomination that typically cover for substandard meat and bread which at any rate detract from the simple joy of a good burger.
>> No. 14479 Anonymous
17th June 2021
Thursday 1:20 pm
14479 spacer
>>14478
Well, yeah, the wheels and the frame are the most important bit of my bike, but I don't want to miss out on the brakes, gears and seat.

Dumping a million things onto a burger, especially blue cheese which I feel like was really popular years ago, is a silly move. However, a bit of sliced lettuce and a thin bit of cheese is going to improve the burger a great deal. Probably, whatever; eat what you want. You're probably going to shout at me and start calling me a post-modernist because everyone on here has lost the plot this week.
>> No. 14480 Anonymous
17th June 2021
Thursday 1:24 pm
14480 spacer
The best toppings for a burger are a slice of cheese, a bit of rocket and a few fried mushrooms with a bit of sauce.
>> No. 14481 Anonymous
17th June 2021
Thursday 1:30 pm
14481 spacer
>>14478
>I'll happily lose my weekend over this
Good, because while you're right, you're wrong. They are the most important parts, and I'm not suggesting 'messy burger', but there's a world of difference between a burger and some dry bread, and a burger, a slice of cheese, and a few slices of onion with some ketchup, for example.

Especially if it's a weird vegan burger.
>> No. 14482 Anonymous
17th June 2021
Thursday 2:32 pm
14482 spacer
>>14479

>but I don't want to miss out on the brakes, gears and seat.


Fixed gear bikes are usually missing 2/3 of those and people seem to like them. I would also argue that bbq sauce is not the mechanical necessity that brakes are.
>> No. 14483 Anonymous
17th June 2021
Thursday 2:52 pm
14483 spacer
>>14480

The crispness of iceberg lettuce is unsurpassable as a burger topping. Rocket is fine in a salad, but on a burger it just turns into a limp, stringy mess.
>> No. 14484 Anonymous
17th June 2021
Thursday 2:55 pm
14484 spacer
>>14482
Well what about the bike chain. You'd lubricate that every so often. And a burger needs some lubritcation too.
>> No. 14485 Anonymous
19th June 2021
Saturday 2:57 pm
14485 spacer

lks0zeryqlh9d7yehkng.jpg
144851448514485
Another one that is nice for the first few bites but then goes a little bland.

In short, Fry's products are a bit of a disappointment.
>> No. 14486 Anonymous
19th June 2021
Saturday 3:05 pm
14486 spacer

233464_cibsupremecheesemeltburgerfront_639894.jpg
144861448614486
Quick and cheap just like your mum.
>> No. 14487 Anonymous
19th June 2021
Saturday 3:24 pm
14487 spacer
>>14486
What exactly is Rustlers signature sauce?
>> No. 14488 Anonymous
19th June 2021
Saturday 3:28 pm
14488 spacer
>>14487

It's a tomato relish with mayo and pickles in it
>> No. 14489 Anonymous
19th June 2021
Saturday 3:47 pm
14489 spacer
>>14479
>>14480
>>14481
See there's a wrong'ness to this. A good burger can stand on its own - by all means I'll have a salad to the side because I'm not an animal but anything else and you start detracting from that.

Ketchup especially as it's a sweet. You're not slicing a big tomato and using that because you're a sugar junkie. Why not just put ketchup between two buns and eat that, I bet you'd love it.

>>14484
Burgers come with their own lubrication. You're cooking fatty meat, not shagging the cow's arse. If you've fucked up on the meat or doing some dry veggie thing then use a little butter.
>> No. 14490 Anonymous
19th June 2021
Saturday 4:00 pm
14490 spacer

CrXbJ1UXEAET0cj.jpg
144901449014490
This is the worst burger I've ever had. Even the cheapest Rustlers/Iceland shit is more palatable than this.
>> No. 14493 Anonymous
19th June 2021
Saturday 4:31 pm
14493 spacer
>>14490
You weren't at the Derby branch were you?

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/annies-burger-shack-derby-gets-5544610
>> No. 14508 Anonymous
24th June 2021
Thursday 7:20 pm
14508 spacer

stahlyrb.jpg
145081450814508
I bought Stahly tinned vegetarian haggis because it was just under 70p a tin at the time.

It was really nice. The texture wasn't as good as >>14107 but it was a lot more flavoursome. I'd definitely have this again, especially if I can find it for that price.
>> No. 14509 Anonymous
29th June 2021
Tuesday 8:04 pm
14509 spacer

25a9db86-3eaf-4bca-9d48-bc618b91bdad.jpg
145091450914509
Today I've tried the family bucket by Absurd Vird, the vegan spin-off from Asburd Bird.

Six vegan chicken tenders (read: deep fried Quorn) as well as two vegan fried chicken burgers (read: deep fried Quorn fillets in a bun with lettuce and tomato, topped with a pitiful amount of barbecue sauce and shitloads of coleslaw). The burger combination didn't exactly work for me and it needed something a little on the punchy side to elevate it, plus the solitary Quorn fillet was a little on the stingy side; it was dwarfed by the rest of the burger.
>> No. 14510 Anonymous
29th June 2021
Tuesday 9:17 pm
14510 spacer
>>14509
Can't quite believe I'm saying this - but the best vegan takeaway "chicken" burger I've tried recently is the Vegan Royale from Burger King; way better than the KFC equivalent.

I've also tried the Imposter burger from Nandos which is notable because they use good bread and their sauces, but the pea protein chicken-pretend is a bit weird texture. Burger King are also doing plant-based whoppers, but they're cooked on the same grill as the meat ones, so not vegan.
>> No. 14511 Anonymous
5th July 2021
Monday 3:09 pm
14511 spacer

92519033_153357926158148_5085071988033060864_n.jpg
145111451114511
I'm drinking a can of dandelion and burdock. It could do with having a bit more fizz, but it's half the sugar of a can of coke and I prefer the flavour. I don't get why it isn't more popular.
>> No. 14512 Anonymous
5th July 2021
Monday 3:16 pm
14512 spacer
>>14511
It works as an occasional change. You wouldn't want to drink it every day, or at least I wouldn't. It's like Dr Pepper in that respect. Nice enough, but just too damn weird.
>> No. 14513 Anonymous
5th July 2021
Monday 3:44 pm
14513 spacer
>>14511

It's the second best pop after Old Jamaica ginger beer, but neither are particularly fashionable.
>> No. 14514 Anonymous
6th July 2021
Tuesday 1:07 pm
14514 spacer

210979718_1244723365961597_6896756289719360169_n.jpg
145141451414514
Cooplands are trying to muscle in on the frozen bakery items currently dominated by Greggs. I'll have to give these a whirl.
>> No. 14515 Anonymous
7th July 2021
Wednesday 5:42 pm
14515 spacer

tgi_fridays_raspberry_ripple_sundae_ice_cream_cake.jpg
145151451514515
This was not very good. Very little raspberry flavored bits in the ice cream which was of a very low quality with poor mouth-feel. The chocolatey biscuit base was alright.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
>> No. 14516 Anonymous
8th July 2021
Thursday 1:30 pm
14516 spacer

front_fr.4.full.jpg
145161451614516
Today I've tried Quorn spinach and red pepper slices. I liked them but everyone else in the house thinks they're disgusting. They taste, unsurprisingly, like red pepper and they're quite succulent.

The drawback is that they're ridiculously fragile and it's likely it will break apart when you try to take a slice.
>> No. 14517 Anonymous
8th July 2021
Thursday 6:32 pm
14517 spacer
Farmfoods sell Dafgårds Swedish meat-free meatballs. They could do with being a little meatier but they're not too far off Ikea meatballs.
>> No. 14518 Anonymous
8th July 2021
Thursday 6:32 pm
14518 spacer

oeob5kzeicocanpuleys.jpg
145181451814518
Farmfoods sell Dafgårds Swedish meat-free meatballs. They could do with being a little meatier but they're not too far off Ikea meatballs.
>> No. 14519 Anonymous
8th July 2021
Thursday 6:33 pm
14519 spacer
>>14518
Meat free meatballs = potatoes?
>> No. 14520 Anonymous
8th July 2021
Thursday 8:08 pm
14520 spacer
>>14519

What fucking sort of meatballs are you making, lad?
>> No. 14521 Anonymous
8th July 2021
Thursday 8:10 pm
14521 spacer
>>14520
Meat ones.
>> No. 14522 Anonymous
8th July 2021
Thursday 9:12 pm
14522 spacer
>>14521

Nice. I love meat.
>> No. 14523 Anonymous
9th July 2021
Friday 4:51 am
14523 spacer
>>14518
>meat-free meatballs
So just balls then.
>> No. 14524 Anonymous
9th July 2021
Friday 7:05 pm
14524 spacer
>>14523
But balls are meatballs. QE===D
>> No. 14525 Anonymous
9th July 2021
Friday 7:44 pm
14525 spacer

rendang.jpg
145251452514525
Bought a whole bunch of these jars. They don't quite make a complete-tasting rendang, but if you add a little pinch of extra sugar they get you about 75% there, which is deliciously close and definitely scratches that rendang itch.
>> No. 14528 Anonymous
16th July 2021
Friday 5:13 pm
14528 spacer
Would veggie food work on a barbecue? My favourite burgers are the Linda McCartney mozzarella ones, but so much grease and oil oozes out from them whilst they're cooking it'd probably cause a huge blaze on a barbecue.
>> No. 14529 Anonymous
16th July 2021
Friday 6:55 pm
14529 spacer
>>14528
Slabs of halloumi are great if you're not full vegan.
Corn on the cob, peppers (bell to hot, according to whim), aubergine (little green round ones or slices of big purple ones), asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes, all separate or skewered.
Meat's entirely optional (if lovely). Get stuck in.
>> No. 14530 Anonymous
17th July 2021
Saturday 4:06 pm
14530 spacer

resize-star[1].png
145301453014530
Without a doubt the worst beer I've ever had.
>> No. 14531 Anonymous
17th July 2021
Saturday 4:18 pm
14531 spacer
>>14530
Did you buy it from Home Bargains? I was endorsing crazy hipster foreign choices at work, and a colleague told me about Star Beer. It's Nigerian, it's incredibly cheap, and it's available from the Home Bargains right by my work. He said he would buy me some.
>> No. 14532 Anonymous
17th July 2021
Saturday 4:31 pm
14532 spacer
>>14531
Yes I did. It was one of their star buys, think it was £1.39 for a 600ml bottle. On the back it says it's "Nigeria's number 1 beer" which piqued my interest.
>> No. 14533 Anonymous
17th July 2021
Saturday 5:25 pm
14533 spacer

stella-of-egyptian-beer.jpg
145331453314533
>>14530
Interesting. The worst beer I ever had was in Egypt. Maybe we need to help Africans learn brewing.
>> No. 14534 Anonymous
17th July 2021
Saturday 6:03 pm
14534 spacer
>>14530
Well how many did you have? It's best to have 5 or 6 to let the taste to grow on you.
>> No. 14535 Anonymous
17th July 2021
Saturday 6:44 pm
14535 spacer
>>14534
If something is the worst beer you've ever tasted why would you drink half a dozen on the off chance it improves?
>> No. 14536 Anonymous
17th July 2021
Saturday 6:48 pm
14536 spacer
>>14535
Yes, because it may not be the beer's fault. You just haven't aquainted yourself with it. Just like Guinness, Weissbiers and Brooklyn lager can be disgusting at first, but you push through that into a new realm of acceptance.
>> No. 14538 Anonymous
21st July 2021
Wednesday 7:20 pm
14538 spacer

Untitled.jpg
145381453814538
Lately I've been having a cup of mint tea after dinner and I must say it really does help with your digestion. Even if I eat crap I don't end up feeling bloated at all. Not cheap for tea mind you but I guess you get what you pay for.
>> No. 14539 Anonymous
21st July 2021
Wednesday 7:22 pm
14539 spacer
>>14535

Did you like beer the first time you tasted it?
>> No. 14540 Anonymous
21st July 2021
Wednesday 7:26 pm
14540 spacer
>>14538

The only time I ever drank mint tea, I had incredibly painful stomach cramps and diarrhoea.
>> No. 14541 Anonymous
21st July 2021
Wednesday 8:53 pm
14541 spacer
>>14540
Cleaned you out though, didn't it?
>> No. 14548 Anonymous
23rd July 2021
Friday 9:19 am
14548 spacer
>>14538
The picture of what I assume is baobab, is making me incredibly uncomfortable for some reason. It's disgusting.
>> No. 14550 Anonymous
23rd July 2021
Friday 6:57 pm
14550 spacer

trypophobia..jpg
145501455014550
>>14548
This do anything for you?

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password