[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]

Return ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 11665)
File  []
>> No. 11665 Anonymous
17th November 2017
Friday 6:52 pm
11665 spacer
So I have had a work offer withdrawn due to reference. The employing manager reasons sound like she was given inaccurate information in that reference which is misleading

So what steps do I need to take I will request a copy of that reference. I know I have dyslexia and my current has already used that once to discriminated against while offering no support or help based on recommendation made to them from Occupational health.

This is in the NHS by the way moving to another NHS trust.
Expand all images.
>> No. 11666 Anonymous
17th November 2017
Friday 7:37 pm
11666 spacer
Employers are not obliged to provide copies of references, as there's a specific exemption in the Data Protection Act. The best you can do is make a polite request in writing and hope for the best.
>> No. 11667 Anonymous
17th November 2017
Friday 10:23 pm
11667 spacer
>>11666 I was always under the impression that you couldn't give a bad reference and that if you had been a naughty boy all they did was confirm that you worked for them.
>> No. 11668 Anonymous
17th November 2017
Friday 10:33 pm
11668 spacer
unless your manager is a cunt in OP case

You can request the reference and if it is not truthful go as high as you can
>> No. 11669 Anonymous
17th November 2017
Friday 10:38 pm
11669 spacer
The employer providing the reference is exempt, the prospective employer receiving it is not.
>> No. 11670 Anonymous
18th November 2017
Saturday 1:08 am
11670 spacer
If it's about your dyslexia then you probably want to read up on the Disability Discrimination Act, if you haven't already. The NHS (and other government bodies) tend to toe the line when it comes to that kind of thing; they have a legal obligation to accommodate your disability. You are not disabled, you have a disability, and it's up to them to deal with it. You can demand mediation and even (threaten to) take them to court over it if necessary.

Return ]

Delete Post []