[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
mph

Return ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 3856)
Message
File  []
close
Honda_CG125_01.jpg
385638563856
>> No. 3856 Anonymous
29th May 2017
Monday 8:23 pm
3856 spacer
I was riding my motorbike home and a pedestrian shouted "wanker" from the other side of the road.

I can't work out why they might have done this. I considered pulling over at the nearest opportunity, walking back down the road, and throttling the stupid cunt asking why.

This is bothering me more than it should.

I'm fairly certain everyone has had this happen to them at some point in their lives, but I honestly do not know why it's done.
Expand all images.
>> No. 3857 Anonymous
29th May 2017
Monday 8:31 pm
3857 spacer
BRRMM BRRMM BRRMRMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62-WV4E2aj4

In truth it could be many things. Do you really want me to list all the reasons that motorbike riders piss people off?
>> No. 3858 Anonymous
29th May 2017
Monday 8:37 pm
3858 spacer
>>3857

But this was a pedestrian, walking alone on the other side of the road. There was nothing I could have possibly done to bother them. The sound of my bike is pretty far from a Harley.
>> No. 3859 Anonymous
29th May 2017
Monday 9:06 pm
3859 spacer
>>3856
Did you VROOM VROOM loudly and scare the person? A lot of wankers do that.
>> No. 3860 Anonymous
29th May 2017
Monday 9:20 pm
3860 spacer
>>3859

No. In fact I was slowly taking an exit off a roundabout.
>> No. 3861 Anonymous
29th May 2017
Monday 9:42 pm
3861 spacer
People act like dicks sometimes. I once had a half-full can of lager thrown at me from a car window, for absolutely no reason.

I think that some people are just angry about their lives and looking for an excuse to vent. There's no meaning to their choice of target, it's just something that gives them a plausible excuse to vent. Anyone on two wheels is part of the out-group. If a pedal cyclist dares to ride in the road rather than the gutter, they're a smug prick who's holding up traffic. If a motorcyclist filters through traffic, they're a smug prick who's cheating the system. It's the same non-logic that created Schrodinger's immigrant - immigrants are simultaneously coming over here to sponge off our benefits, whilst also coming over here to take all our jobs.

I think the most sane response is pity. Happy and fulfilled people rarely feel the urge to shout abuse at strangers.
>> No. 3863 Anonymous
29th May 2017
Monday 10:13 pm
3863 spacer
>>3861

This was the little bit of sanity I needed, thank you.
>> No. 3864 Anonymous
29th May 2017
Monday 11:19 pm
3864 spacer
>>3863
Joy Lane?...


I don't know nobody like th-
>> No. 3865 Anonymous
30th May 2017
Tuesday 12:05 am
3865 spacer
>>3861
> It's the same non-logic that created Schrodinger's immigrant - immigrants are simultaneously coming over here to sponge off our benefits, whilst also coming over here to take all our jobs.
Those two things come from different types of immigrant. The ones taking all the manual labour jobs are the Polish. The others are...Other.
>> No. 3866 Anonymous
30th May 2017
Tuesday 5:58 am
3866 spacer
I once joined a road on my bicycle. About 5 to 10 seconds later a Fiat 500 pulled past me and the passenger, a lass, shouted "Wanker!". It annoyed me. I was no danger to them, I did not pull out in front of them, they were a good distance away and it was a residential area.

I made my way home, which was not far at all, and would you believe it? that same car has parked up about 8 doors down from me.

I was not in the mood for an argument (I very rarely am truth be told, especially with people I do not know), but I wanted to have a good look look at them at least. What followed was satisfying; cycling slowly, almost coming to a stop, sneering at them through their car windscreen, two chavvy looking girls, looking over their car, the house they were parked at, and then back at them, as they sat in the car looking worried. I may have been subtlety intimidating them, but I feel the eye daggers were well justified and if honest, somewhat pleasing.

I looked back at them just before I walked down the alley to get to the back of my row of houses to ensure they knew I lived locally. A week or so later, me and my housemate walked passed them by their house. I pointed out they were the ones who called me a wanker, to which they looked sheepish once again! They did not say a word.

All in all, I thought it worked out quite well.
>> No. 3867 Anonymous
30th May 2017
Tuesday 10:34 am
3867 spacer
>>3866
A bit cowardly, don't you think?
>> No. 3868 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 2:18 am
3868 spacer
>>3867

Perhaps. Maybe I should have knocked on the window and asked for an explanation. Or perhaps I should have left it and cycled on by.

But despite the way the situation was handled, I certainly got the impression that they knew they did wrong. Shouting abuse at people is not on and i'd like to think that they will think twice about doing it again in the future.
>> No. 3869 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 8:23 am
3869 spacer
>>3868

Don't justify yourself, lad. You did the right thing, karma smiled that day for sure.
>> No. 3870 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 9:25 am
3870 spacer
>>3867
Cowardly of the girls, certainly.
>> No. 3871 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 1:20 pm
3871 spacer
>>3868
It certainly is cowardly to threaten a bunch of girls by making sure that you know where they live.
>> No. 3872 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 1:39 pm
3872 spacer
>>3871

Threaten by knowing where they live... I've got to remember that one.
>> No. 3873 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 1:42 pm
3873 spacer
>>3871
If you're really worried about being attacked maybe you shouldn't be randomly shouting abuse at people on the street, hmm? They're just lucky the lad isn't a crim because he easily could have been.
>> No. 3874 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 1:46 pm
3874 spacer
I mean this in the most sincere way possible, but some of you need to grow a spine and accept there are people out there who will irrational hate you. It is nothing you can do anything about, nore should you cow to it, or feel guilty about it, because it won't improve your relationship with them and it will only detract from the fulfilment of your own life. Empathy on your part is not always the solution. Someone called you a wanker, does it really matter, they were a total stranger their reasons probably have nothing to do with you as an individual, they quite possibly don't process you as a real person, and probably as just a cheep form of entertainment.
>> No. 3875 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 1:49 pm
3875 spacer
>>3874
>grow a spine
Is that what you say to women who are sexually harrassed?
>> No. 3876 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 2:05 pm
3876 spacer
>>3875

Depends what it is. If someone called them a naughty word, sure, they are quite possibly being self indulgent if it didn't happen in the last 5 minutes. I doubt your heart bleeds every time someone calls Trump a cunt on Twitter. You probably feel like he somehow deserve all that hatred from total strangers

My problem is when people let this shit get on top of them and define them and I feel we have a culture that feeds into that. I honestly believe emotional trauma is made worse by wallowing on it. Life will never be a perfect hugbox, you have to expect a certain level of innate shittyness from sharing society with others with wholely different life experiences and backgrounds, and if learning that sticks and stones break bones but words will never hurt you, is the extent of what you have to tolerate I'll call you lucky.
>> No. 3877 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 6:52 pm
3877 spacer
>>3873
Right... they should be raped by a gang of men because they called a cycling twat a cunt.

Coward. I bet op wouldn't have done that to a couple of burly men in a white van. I bet he would have avoid his street until they left. Fucking cowards.
>> No. 3878 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 7:18 pm
3878 spacer
>>3877
I don't think your brain is functioning.

>>3874
Please turn on your spell-checker.
>> No. 3879 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 8:16 pm
3879 spacer
>>3878
I bet you look funny.
>> No. 3880 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 8:28 pm
3880 spacer
>>3879
It is a fact that you look like an idiot.
>> No. 3881 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 8:45 pm
3881 spacer
>>3880
What does an idiot look like? And don't post pics of your ma.
>> No. 3882 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 8:54 pm
3882 spacer

26202_PE093307_S5.jpg
388238823882
>>3881
Try looking in one of these.
>> No. 3883 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 9:05 pm
3883 spacer
>>3882
Oh we don't have reflections, but do go on. What does an idiot look like, funnylookinglad?
>> No. 3884 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 9:21 pm
3884 spacer
>>3883
Like you. You look like an idiot because you are an idiot. You are an idiot, by definition you look like an idiot. It's not surprising you're having difficulty with this concept.
>> No. 3885 Anonymous
2nd June 2017
Friday 10:38 pm
3885 spacer
>>3884
That doesn't make sense. Are you angry because you look funny?
>> No. 3886 Anonymous
3rd June 2017
Saturday 5:47 am
3886 spacer
Omg stop saying the other person looks funny/ is an idiot, don't you know that is the same as raping a woman!!!
>> No. 3887 Anonymous
3rd June 2017
Saturday 12:09 pm
3887 spacer
>>3886
He shouldn't have posted so provocatively, should he?
>> No. 3888 Anonymous
3rd June 2017
Saturday 3:30 pm
3888 spacer
>>3887
So you are saying that I deserve to get raped? Really lad? Fucking hell.
>> No. 3889 Anonymous
3rd June 2017
Saturday 5:33 pm
3889 spacer
>>3883
>we don't have reflections
You're a vampire?
>> No. 3890 Anonymous
3rd June 2017
Saturday 7:05 pm
3890 spacer
>>3889
What? Of course not! Don't be silly, Vampires are not real.
>> No. 3891 Anonymous
3rd June 2017
Saturday 7:11 pm
3891 spacer
>>3890
That sounds like exactly the sort of thing a vampire would say to throw us off the scent.

Return ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password