[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
film/video

Return ] Entire Thread ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 21977)
Message
File  []
close
Fucking depression.jpg
219772197721977
>> No. 21977 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 2:37 am
21977 Star Wars: The Last Jedi
I don't know what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting lore breaking dues ex machina fuckery and overt character assassination.

It's fucking shite.
Expand all images.
>> No. 21978 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 2:46 am
21978 spacer
>>21977
I didn't mind it that much. I found the appearance of Carrie Fisher more poignant than I was expecting - in real life she was a fucking nutter, in the film she was actually pretty good. I found the whole thing an entertaining homage to the original three. I had not seen a Star Wars movie for ages but I actually enjoyed it. I thought Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver were really good.
>> No. 21979 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 2:59 am
21979 spacer
>>21978

Rey and Kylo are the only good thing about it, the rest of the scenes are weak, serve no narritive purpose or jump the shark. Not to mention facetious humour during tense scenes.
>> No. 21981 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 3:03 am
21981 spacer

JS91005243.jpg
219812198121981

>> No. 21983 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 3:12 am
21983 spacer
>>21981
Talking of scenes, I thought the CGI and stuff really cool - much of it was filmed quite locally to me at Longcross Studios and it was amazing to see how well it was integrated into the film.
>> No. 21984 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 3:15 am
21984 spacer
>>21982

TLJ has top notch cinematography, which can sell me a film, it's just not very good anywhere else. A bit like Pacific Rim. Navarro had me caring what happened in a giant robot fight straight out of an anime, it's still a shit film that I watch all the time. The difference is that PR was a new IP and TLJ shits on established canon too much to get a pass from me.
>> No. 21985 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 8:10 am
21985 spacer
Hasn't Mark Hamill come out and said he regrets getting involved in the new films and hates everything they've done with Luke?
>> No. 21986 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 11:04 am
21986 spacer
I like everything about it other than the plot. The love story is told awfully but my main grievance is the fact that what half the main characters do counts for fuck all. Not because they are defeated by an opponent but because their higher ups are so shit at communicating an idea the lower ranks muitany, or because people inescapably love them.

If the first it is supposed to be a character arc for Poe to learn not to be so reackless it fails since the higher ranks idea was so terrible and reckless that it results in the loss of all equipment and all the resistance bar the people who can fit on the falcon, and in fact they would have all died if unbeknownst to them Ray and Luke hadn't decided to turn up to help.

>> No. 21987 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 12:45 pm
21987 spacer
You fuckers had better put everything in spoiler tags until I see it, dammit!
>> No. 21988 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 12:59 pm
21988 spacer
>>21987
Leia flies like Superman/Mary Poppins.

Luke spends the Original Trilogy refusing to kill his father because he believes there's some good in him. He wants to kill his nephew because he senses a tiny bit of darkness inside him.

Any character you hoped might get fleshed out, like Snoke, doesn't.

Rey cannot act for shit.

Disney have decided to copy Guardians of the Galaxy.

>> No. 21989 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 1:20 pm
21989 spacer
Star Wars is shit
>> No. 21990 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 6:28 pm
21990 spacer
It's just a marvel universe type thing now.
>> No. 21991 Anonymous
17th December 2017
Sunday 6:53 pm
21991 spacer
>>21977
What the fuck is wrong with these ridiculous thumbnails?
>> No. 21992 Anonymous
19th December 2017
Tuesday 1:07 am
21992 spacer
Any engineering lads care to comment on how easy it would be to overide a fundamental safety protocol that, if the conditions aren't met, wont allow the machine to function and then weaponise it? Could you overide such a protocol, so integral to the design of the machine, from the bridge of, say, a space ship or would you need to rewire it? The machine is also semi-sentient and would also need reprogramming.

A hyperspeed ram is the biggest shark jump since that 2012 disaster film rewrote the laws of physics. Even if Snoke's dreadnaught had a powerful enough gravity shadow to pull Ackbar's ship out of Hyperspace, the ship wouldn't have let her jump in that direction, for reasons which become apparent after she does it because it causes a catastrophic light speed collision which atomise half a fleet, because Hyperdrives have AI to avoid EXACTLY what happened from occurring. It also begs the question: Why build Hyperspace weapons like Starkiller base when you can strap a Hyperdrive to an asteroid for a fraction of the price?

>> No. 21993 Anonymous
19th December 2017
Tuesday 1:48 am
21993 spacer
Is it as fucking depressing as Rogue One? That film would have been genuinely horrible to watch if I cared about any character other than the one Riz MC was playing (because it was Riz MC not because of good writing or anything).
>> No. 21994 Anonymous
19th December 2017
Tuesday 11:20 am
21994 spacer
>>21993

>Is it as fucking depressing as Rogue One?

Depends how much you like Luke as a character.
>> No. 21995 Anonymous
19th December 2017
Tuesday 12:20 pm
21995 spacer
>>21994

It's more about how hopeless and pointless his death is. I can't imagine I'd be having a bit of weep regardless, but in Rogue One they just starting fragging folks like it was a CoD match. But I was similarly interested in the characters so I wasn't overly bothered.
>> No. 21996 Anonymous
19th December 2017
Tuesday 12:40 pm
21996 spacer
>>21994
>>21995
Hey thanks for that you cunts.
>> No. 21997 Anonymous
19th December 2017
Tuesday 2:49 pm
21997 spacer
>>21996
Ask purps if he's got their addresses so you can shitexpress them.
>> No. 21998 Anonymous
19th December 2017
Tuesday 5:12 pm
21998 spacer
I thought it was alright.
>> No. 21999 Anonymous
20th December 2017
Wednesday 1:51 am
21999 spacer
I saw a tweet that someone had had that a bloke telling her why he didn't like the film was mansplaining. I'm fucking sick of this planet.
>> No. 22000 Anonymous
20th December 2017
Wednesday 7:42 am
22000 spacer
>>21999
I remember seeing an online debate between a Labour MSP and an SNP activist. As soon as the MSP started winning the argument and asking questions she couldn't answer she changed tack and kept accusing him of mansplaining and being a big man for debating with a little girl (who was actually in her twenties).
>> No. 22001 Anonymous
20th December 2017
Wednesday 12:47 pm
22001 spacer
What are our bets for Episode IX given what has happened?

Apparently Rian Johnson is off for the next episode and has instead been given the greenlight to do his own trilogy. Oh goodie.
>> No. 22002 Anonymous
20th December 2017
Wednesday 2:04 pm
22002 spacer
>>22001
There was a tiny subtle bit in the Canto Bight section where Rey showed the kids her secret Rebellion ring and one of the kids moved a brush with what seemed like a bit of Force action.
>> No. 22003 Anonymous
20th December 2017
Wednesday 2:35 pm
22003 spacer
>>22001
Nothing, there's nothing to lead us on, I have no reason to watch episode nine.
>> No. 22004 Anonymous
20th December 2017
Wednesday 4:10 pm
22004 spacer
>>21977

This film is like one of those Anime filler episodes which don't have any relation to the rest of the Arc, except it's act two of 3 act story and that is fucking retarded screen writing.
>> No. 22005 Anonymous
20th December 2017
Wednesday 4:30 pm
22005 spacer
>>22004

It killed off a few people and introduced BB-8s nemesis and a few other characters, it definitely advanced events, it just did it in a way that was emotionally unsatisfying, so it isn't filler just not well executed.

It is more like getting blue balls. The director is too caught up with being different and clever that they fake out on the logical plot beats. Smacking down Poe and Finn and never giving them a pay off makes the audience frustrated
>> No. 22006 Anonymous
20th December 2017
Wednesday 5:11 pm
22006 spacer
>>22005

Mark has been saying for months he didn't like how his character was treated by Rian, they had to have anticipated backlash.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIY-PsHrj9A
>> No. 22007 Anonymous
20th December 2017
Wednesday 7:26 pm
22007 spacer
Can someone post a spoilered, condensed version of the plot and why it's such a deviation from the franchise? I tried reading a synopsis from Wikipedia but it's so full of unfamiliar nouns that it's impossible to read. Articles explaining the 'backlash' from fans are unbelievably long-winded.
>> No. 22008 Anonymous
20th December 2017
Wednesday 8:21 pm
22008 spacer
>>22007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lCW-iaOZ_M
>> No. 22009 Anonymous
21st December 2017
Thursday 3:52 am
22009 spacer
So here's the daft, unimportant, non-spoiler stuff that I don't get, up front. Firstly, how did the tide between the Rebellion, formerly the Republic, and back again, get so much weaker than the First Order? Did the Rebellion Nee Republic just slash the military budget when they took over? Did the New Order get their own part of the galaxy in a post-New Hope peace settlement and then pulled an German Rearmament thing like after 1933? It's not a plot hole but I can't wrap my head around how it happened and it almost makes the original films lessons in futility, because the bad men are back and now they're even deadlier, and one of them is Brienne of Tarth and she's not even a bloke (getting women into the workforce means they have an even more powerful economy and could be as big of a boost to their war efforts as a whole fleet of Star Destroyers).

But now onto the actually spoilery parts: I thought Luke was just messing with Rey the same way Yoda did before he trained Luke, but then he wasn't, which was fine. Then Luke starts explaining why the Jedi are hopeless, which is kind of a big deal in a Star Wars film and really had my attention. His point makes sense too, that the Jedi just become full of themselves and gain the sanctimony that seems like a prerequisite to being a Sith. We hear a lot in The Prequels about bringing balance to The Force, but it actually just means destroying the Sith, which doesn't seem balanced at all. Good, probably, but not "balanced", so this was a compelling, new image of The Force, one without the need for either order. And this really seems like the overarching theme of the film. There are more allusions to the idea of wholeness than I can begin to remember; Rose and her sister's necklaces, Rey and Ren's weird, awkward, teenage-esque, pseudo-romance, and Poe realising that for the Rebellion to thrive he needs to be a part of a larger collective, not Clint Eastwood in an X-Wing. The idea that you can't just take a cricket bat to your opposition and bash them into submission is bordering on revolutionary in a blockbuster film like this one, and the way the film points out the Rebels get their weapons from the same people as the First Order, suggesting that even if you're the "good guys", you can be more like the "bad guys" than you'd want to admit, simply by engaging in a pitched conflict, whether military, political or personal, is actually very clever and I enjoyed it a lot.

However, the final half an hour seems dedicated to rebooting the old conflict and undoing what a great portion of the films prior efforts. Despite hammering home the supposed futility of a forever war between absolute good and absolute evil, the film launches into a restaging of the most visually and emotionally quintessential good versus evil event of the Star Wars series to date; the battle of Hoth. A battle that sees the outgunned Rebellion cover its fleeing members from the hulking weight of Imperial walkers and Star Destroyers. A battle whose visuals, with dark, angular machines, marching on men, defending brightly coloured, smooth looking transports, tell half the story without a second thought. A battle so clearly inspired by the real-life events of both the Dunquerke evacuation and later Ardennes Offensive, in which the Western Allies did battle with the Nazis, that even a normal, non-WW2 obsessive could recognise it, is then retold in this new film that was seemingly about true balance through cooperation and the rejection of endless opposition. It made no sense and left me flabbergasted for that last thirty or so minutes.

If it hadn't have happened, I'd have been willing to overlook the other poor elements of the film. The whole trip to the space casino seems rather pointless after Finn gets saved, meaning his character did essentially nothing the whole film. I'm confused no one thought to ram a ship before now, it might literally be the oldest trick in the ship on ship combat manual, and is apparently unbelievably effective. Are we supposed to like Poe? He's a complete dickhead, but the film just gives him the slightest telling off, and even when that happens foreboding music plays over the Vice Admiral to imply she's being too mean, even though this is a military organisation, with extremely limited resources, which just watched its bomber fleet get annihilated in the name of Poe's vanity and inability to act professionally, he sort of learns his lesson, and saves the lives of half a dozen pilots and some junked speeders they didn't need, after getting hundreds killed and giving the Rebellion's entire secret plan away; hurray for Poe? No, he needs to be court-martialled yesterday. And Leia is a Jedi, kind of? That made no sense, just none. There's a lot of new Force stuff in this and that's fine because it's magic, but getting spaced, freezing to death, then undoing all of that is a hell of a opener for someone who's never so much as meditated in a swamp before. I'm sure there's other stuff too, but this post is already so massive I should be getting a commission.


The damnedest thing is I'm not even massive Star Wars fan or anything.
>> No. 22010 Anonymous
21st December 2017
Thursday 8:46 am
22010 spacer
Why is everybody blowing their collective beans over Leia floating through space? It's obvious that she'd be Force-sensitive and that being so doesn't necessarily make you part of the Jedi—Sith dichotomy. Everybody's forgetting that she's the daughter of one of the most powerful Force users in the galaxy and survived imprisonment by the infamous Hutt criminal cartels. Floating a few yards through the vacuum of space to avoid certain death is fine and contributes towards the overarching motif of the Force existing as a balance between all things rather than some definitive good-versus-evil struggle.

With that said, most of the film fucked itself towards the tacked-on final act and Poe's a prick. Give us Rogue Two.
>> No. 22011 Anonymous
21st December 2017
Thursday 10:59 am
22011 spacer
>>22010

What was remotely enjoyable about Rogue One?
>> No. 22012 Anonymous
21st December 2017
Thursday 11:10 am
22012 spacer
>>22011

The robot was funny and cool. It had the Empire in which is better than the First Order.
>> No. 22013 Anonymous
21st December 2017
Thursday 11:56 am
22013 spacer
>>22011

Well there was a bit more at stake for one...
>> No. 22014 Anonymous
21st December 2017
Thursday 2:17 pm
22014 spacer
>>22010
I liked the movie, but that was the actual weakest part.
>> No. 22015 Anonymous
21st December 2017
Thursday 2:32 pm
22015 spacer
>>22012

The robot was the only one with a hint of personality.

>>22012

Oh aye, I was on the edge of my seat wondering whether they'd get the Death Star plans, a proper nail biter that one.
>> No. 22045 Anonymous
21st January 2018
Sunday 12:21 pm
22045 spacer
>>22011
>What was remotely enjoyable about Rogue One?

The space battles
>> No. 22046 Anonymous
21st January 2018
Sunday 7:47 pm
22046 spacer
>>22045

Pretty they may be, but only vaguely emotionally impactful. We are a long way away from how good the trench run was now days. I feel like only a handful of directors/screenwriters seem to appriciate the importance of set up. Or maybe it is the audiances fault? Maybe we have all started complaining that it is too boring when they want to establish context.
>> No. 22047 Anonymous
22nd January 2018
Monday 1:32 pm
22047 spacer
>>22046
The tense bit with the bombers at the beginning of Last Jedi was alright wasn't it? And it was involved in the set up of the arcs of both Captain Spaceman and Asian Twin.
>> No. 22048 Anonymous
22nd January 2018
Monday 2:16 pm
22048 spacer
>>22047

Your right it was good.
I haven watched it since the premier I can't remember but is there any sort of tonal problem in the juxtaposition between the lighthearted frolic of captain spaceman where he feels indestructible and the idea that they are in real danger, and where we rapidly make the shift from anything that gets blown up being pure decoration of faceless NPCs to being real people.

It seemed trivial at the time but short clips when a unknown blew up of them screaming in the orginal was actually really important to getting you to engage properly with the action. It made it have consequences By comparison the combat in the prequels feels like a bunch of swarming ant that you show utter indifference to when your mum commits genocide and pours boiling hot water on when they get into the house.
>> No. 22049 Anonymous
23rd January 2018
Tuesday 12:29 am
22049 spacer
>>22048

> Your right

BAN THIS FILTH
>> No. 22059 Anonymous
3rd February 2018
Saturday 9:38 pm
22059 spacer
>>22015

Personally I found that by the final ten minutes, the bit of my brain that KNEW the plans would make it to Leia and it would all be okay was completely overridden by the sense that no, this is actually going to go horribly wrong and everything we know is somehow going to be undone. I've seen it a few times since and I still find myself gripped by that same feeling. Rogue One will eventually be recognised as the best Star Wars movie of the Disney era.
>> No. 22060 Anonymous
3rd February 2018
Saturday 9:39 pm
22060 spacer
There are only three Star Wars films.
>> No. 22061 Anonymous
4th February 2018
Sunday 3:59 pm
22061 spacer
>>22060

No, there are about nine or ten, you man-baby. Just because you're unhappy with what they've done with the IP doesn't make that media any less part of the same series. I'm saying this as a big fan of the Mass Effect series, so I know a thing or two about being let down. Rocky bought Paulie a robot and Luke thought about killing his own nephew, these things have happened and that's that. Whether or not you let that bother you is up to you.
>> No. 22062 Anonymous
4th February 2018
Sunday 4:12 pm
22062 spacer
>>22061

There are only three Star Wars films.
>> No. 22063 Anonymous
4th February 2018
Sunday 4:20 pm
22063 spacer
>>22062

Either stop repeating yourself and make a coherent point or GTFO.
>> No. 22064 Anonymous
5th February 2018
Monday 10:09 pm
22064 spacer
>>22063

According to people of the Jewish faith there is only one biblical testament.

According to some orthodox Star Wars fans, there are only three Star Wars movies.

This shouldn't be a difficult idea to grasp even for the sort of cretin who uses insults like "man-baby" and forgets to sage his bullshit self-gratifying posts.

(A good day to you Sir!)
>> No. 22065 Anonymous
5th February 2018
Monday 10:28 pm
22065 spacer
There are only three Star Wars films. There are only three Indiana Jones films. There are only two Shrek films. There are only two series of The League of Gentlemen. There are only four Rocky films.
>> No. 22066 Anonymous
5th February 2018
Monday 10:33 pm
22066 spacer

nile.jpg
220662206622066
>>22064

Surely you also know the biggest differance between the two groups is that the Jews were able to get over de Nial.
>> No. 22067 Anonymous
5th February 2018
Monday 10:38 pm
22067 spacer
>>22064
.gs compares Star Wars to religious scripture. Fuckin' hell.
>> No. 22068 Anonymous
5th February 2018
Monday 11:11 pm
22068 spacer
>>22067

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon#England_and_Wales

Good evening sir, have you got time to hear about our lord and savior Luke Skywalker?
>> No. 22069 Anonymous
5th February 2018
Monday 11:12 pm
22069 spacer
>>22064
Protip: the red anonymous text means he did sage, you prat.
>> No. 22070 Anonymous
6th February 2018
Tuesday 12:55 am
22070 spacer
>>22069

I was obviously referring to post >>22061 where the referenced "man-baby" insult was used, you gormless fucking pooling of ejaculate.
>> No. 22071 Anonymous
6th February 2018
Tuesday 4:38 am
22071 spacer
>>22070

I'm glad my post hasn't gotten to you and you've been able to respond in such a mature way, grown-man-in-a-nappy-nibbling-a-rusklad.
>> No. 22072 Anonymous
6th February 2018
Tuesday 5:27 am
22072 spacer
>>22071

I fucking love rusks, me. That said, I couldn't give a shit about Star Wars but I do love watching spurious pea-brained nu-males posting nebulous infantile insults on an anonymous image board with less than a dozen users and still failing to grasp the basic use of the sage field.
>> No. 22073 Anonymous
6th February 2018
Tuesday 6:32 am
22073 spacer
>>22064

"make a coherent point"

"star wars is literally the bible don't question my faith, also I'm going to assume the person I'm replying to is the same one as an entirely different post"

Nah. Deliberately unsaged.
>> No. 22075 Anonymous
6th February 2018
Tuesday 8:04 am
22075 spacer
>>22074

I couldn't give a fuck about star wars, I just wanted to do a joke ban.
>> No. 22076 Anonymous
6th February 2018
Tuesday 8:48 am
22076 spacer
>>22075

MODS > GODS
>> No. 22077 Anonymous
6th February 2018
Tuesday 1:34 pm
22077 spacer
>>22074
Frothing at the gills over bans is the best. Joke bans to a normal person are so obvious no one even comments, but they also reveal the “Do you know who I am?! I’ll have your badge” green ink types and forces them to respond else their libido be dented and their psyche permanently scarred.
>> No. 22078 Anonymous
7th February 2018
Wednesday 6:30 am
22078 spacer
>>22073

What's ironic, of course, is that you've done exactly what you've accused me of doing ("replying to anonymous post as though they'd made (SIC) every post disagreeing with you") ; you have assumed that I made the posts >>22060, >>22062 and >>22064 when in fact I only made post >>22064.

Obviously it was I who got the ban, and not you (I mean, whoever heard of a mod banning himself? Now that would be a comedy ban with an actual touch of comedy).

Nonetheless, whinge over. Enough "frothing at the gills" for one lifetime I think.

During my twenty-four hour "comedy" ban there have been maybe a half a dozen posts to this entire site. If what's left of us started fracturing down the lines of "the one last mod who for some reason keeps on moderating Purpz' floating mausoleum in cyberspace decided to ban me because I called him a pooling of ejaculate without knowing he was a mod in disguise", then where would we be, we three; perhaps the last island of beauty... in the world?

(A good day to you Sir!)
>> No. 22079 Anonymous
7th February 2018
Wednesday 7:00 am
22079 spacer
>>22078

You got banned for making an asinine argument, nobody cares what posts you made and nobody assumed anything other than you're a bit of a tit, which you're proving amply.

As others have mentioned it was pretty transparently a joke ban. I wasn't arguing at any time in this thread, I've only seen about two thirds of a Star Wars film in my entire life.

It worries me that you're so affected by this. You're clearly not all bad since you quoted Withnail but jesus lad, take a breath.
>> No. 22080 Anonymous
7th February 2018
Wednesday 7:42 am
22080 spacer
FOAM IN HIS MOUTH
STEAM IN HIS EARS
ANNOYING LITTLE CUNT-OFF LAD HAS BEEN TROLLED TO TEARS
>> No. 22081 Anonymous
7th February 2018
Wednesday 1:58 pm
22081 spacer
>>22078
>During my twenty-four hour "comedy" ban there have been maybe a half a dozen posts to this entire site.
Save us, mercy!
>> No. 22082 Anonymous
7th February 2018
Wednesday 1:59 pm
22082 spacer
>>22080
I was waiting for this. I couldn't remember it word for word to post it myself.
>> No. 22083 Anonymous
7th February 2018
Wednesday 6:12 pm
22083 spacer
>>22082
To be honest I'm not 100% I got it right; it was guesswork

MUD IN HIS BLOOD
SHIT ON HIS SKIN
>> No. 22084 Anonymous
8th February 2018
Thursday 8:59 pm
22084 spacer

must-win-internet.jpg
220842208422084
>>22079
> You got banned for making an asinine argument,

Capital. Beside the point of that completely contradicting the reason given in the original ban message, it was supposed to be tongue in cheek. Never mind.

> It worries me that you're so affected by this.

Don't worry m25, I'm not coming to raze the shedbunker to the ground or anything I can't anyway since you fuckers moved it to the cloud *grumble grumble* .

(A good day to you Sir!)
>> No. 22086 Anonymous
9th February 2018
Friday 2:07 am
22086 spacer
>>22084
You're still getting banned for being asinine. Imagine our mirthsurprise.
>> No. 22087 Anonymous
9th February 2018
Friday 8:48 pm
22087 spacer
>>22086

This asinine argument requires 2 sides to perpetuate. As an outsider the only difference I'm seeing is that one side has mod powers and the other doesn't. Someone with some sense please delete all of the offending posts (yes even the mod circlejerk ones (it really doesn't look good from the outside) and this one) .
>> No. 22088 Anonymous
9th February 2018
Friday 8:54 pm
22088 spacer
>>22087

Ya' foolin' no one, la'!
>> No. 22089 Anonymous
10th February 2018
Saturday 12:09 am
22089 spacer
>>22088

Your paranoia aside as to who I am. Am I wrong?
>> No. 22090 Anonymous
10th February 2018
Saturday 6:06 am
22090 spacer
>>22089

I think you're just prolonging the argument by making points like this, no matter how valid. Not that there was ever a mod in this thread defending or lambasting Star Wars, just for the record. It'd be different if the lad got banned for being right (or wrong) about Star Wars, but what actually happened was he made an infuriatingly silly point and was comedy banned for it, at which point he asked for everyone's badge numbers and made it a whole thing, after which he was banned twice more for fun/autism.

Believe it or not, mods do not last long here if they make frequent over-judicious bannings.

>(it really doesn't look good from the outside)

Neither do heads on spikes at the castle walls, but it bloody works!
>> No. 22091 Anonymous
10th February 2018
Saturday 9:57 am
22091 spacer
>>22090
>Believe it or not, mods do not last long here if they make frequent over-judicious bannings.

Name one.
>> No. 22092 Anonymous
10th February 2018
Saturday 1:41 pm
22092 spacer
>>22091

You're literally just asking me to name a colour, daftlad.

Beige.

(A good day to you Sir!)
>> No. 22331 Anonymous
10th June 2018
Sunday 8:07 pm
22331 spacer
You could just write it off as racist misogynists being racist and misogynist, but I really don't understand why Kelly Marie Tran has got so much shit that she had to leave social media.

You may think her subplot was ridiculous, but her acting was fine and her character (even if she was to blame for her character) was at worst unremarkable. She wasn't annoying or lore-breaking or anything. She was just... in the film. I just can't fathom why anyone would choose to have a go at her.
>> No. 22332 Anonymous
10th June 2018
Sunday 8:43 pm
22332 spacer
>>22331

She hasn't said anything to that affect from what I know it seems like the online gossip mill (read:news site) have taken it upon themselves to speculate that as the reason. Which seems a few too many steps into begging the question to me. (harrased by trolls and quit - sure that's one of the the many possible reasons.
Specificaly racists sexists going after her and quit - now that's just wishful thinking to fit a sensationalised narrative and get clicks).

It could very well be a completely personal or mundane reason, I don't think people need a good reason to quit social media, even celebrities.
>> No. 22333 Anonymous
11th June 2018
Monday 12:19 am
22333 spacer
>>22331

Rian is the one who deserves the criticism for having her interrupt Finn's redemption moment, but the irony there is he wouldn't have needed that moment if they hadn't glossed over the character devolpment he had in TFA.

All in all, there was so many missteps that people are overwhelmed with things to criticise about it, but attacking an actress who at worst just followed direction seems like a uniquely American pastime. They're absolutely mental.
>> No. 22334 Anonymous
11th June 2018
Monday 9:25 am
22334 spacer
>>22333

Rian gives me narrative blue balls.
>> No. 22335 Anonymous
11th June 2018
Monday 6:20 pm
22335 spacer
>>22332
Why is social media harassment a 'sensationalised narrative'?
>> No. 22336 Anonymous
12th June 2018
Tuesday 10:45 am
22336 spacer
>>22335
It isn't, but saying it must be racists and sexists is.

And remember we still have no reason to suspect that that is the reason she left other than speculation at this point.

It would be like saying if you criticize Israel you must be an anti-Semitic who wants to exterminate the Jews. The two don't follow. Most of her trolls probably just though the last jedi was shit they aren't racist or sexist they just have misplaced fustration.
>> No. 22337 Anonymous
12th June 2018
Tuesday 11:57 am
22337 spacer
>>22336
Like I said before, if they aren't bigots and they thought the film was shit why would they have a go at her? There was nothing otherwise wrong with her.
>> No. 22338 Anonymous
12th June 2018
Tuesday 12:32 pm
22338 spacer
>>22337
You sound dense now. You don't have to be a bigot to think the actor who played the character you didn't like ruined a movie, you just need to be making an emotional decision rather than the logical one.

People hate traffic wardens, it isn't their fault though that the law is what it is, it is just their job. But that doesn't stop people acting like it is their fault.

Rose is a character that feels like a shoe horned Mary sue and is the catalyst for the most jarring narrative choice in the film of course people are going to hate her and some people aren't wired in a way that they separate that from the actress.

People do it the other way all the time, and you probably do too, without questioning, People act like Patrick Stewart is great because he was Picard, but everything I've seen of him in real life makes him seem like a bit of a knob head.
>> No. 22339 Anonymous
12th June 2018
Tuesday 1:33 pm
22339 spacer
>>22336
>>22338
Not the one you're arguing with, but I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest you've not bothered to check on the nature of the abuse before deciding it isn't racist or sexist. Just a hunch.
>> No. 22340 Anonymous
12th June 2018
Tuesday 1:58 pm
22340 spacer
>>22339

Since none of the 5+ news sites I've checked that didnt want permision to abuse my data have actually provide any examples of the harassment. I don't know what to tell you.
>> No. 22341 Anonymous
12th June 2018
Tuesday 2:41 pm
22341 spacer
>>22340
What do you know? My hunch was right. Again.
>> No. 22342 Anonymous
12th June 2018
Tuesday 4:02 pm
22342 spacer
>>22341

Well do you want to maybe demostrate what the racist and sexist harrasment was? Rather then presuming that because I can't prove their isn't a teapot floating by the moon there must be one?
>> No. 22343 Anonymous
12th June 2018
Tuesday 4:24 pm
22343 spacer
>>22342
>Rather then presuming that because I can't prove their isn't a teapot floating by the moon there must be one?
Stop projecting, lad. It's unbecoming.
>> No. 22344 Anonymous
12th June 2018
Tuesday 5:02 pm
22344 spacer
>>22343

Who's projecting? my position is that I don't believe that she left because of racist or sexist motivated harrasment until shown any evidence that it was.

I remeber any critism of ghostbusters being labled as sexist when it wasn't, the issue was it looked shit and was. So I am no longer willing to take peoples word that something related to celebrity culture on social media is sexist, without seeing it for myself.
>> No. 22345 Anonymous
12th June 2018
Tuesday 5:44 pm
22345 spacer
>>22344
>Who's projecting? my position is that I don't believe that she left because of racist or sexist motivated harrasment until shown any evidence that it was.
No, that's not your position. Your position is that she quit because of harassment by people accusing her of being shit. Unless you're backpedaling, as often happens when people are caught out trying to pull this sort of shenanigans.

>I remeber any critism of ghostbusters being labled as sexist when it wasn't, the issue was it looked shit and was.
Which of course explains why the cast were bombarded with racist and sexist abuse. When a black person is in a shit film, that totally justifies comparing them to a gorilla, right?

Get your head out of your arse and stop being willfully blind.
>> No. 22346 Anonymous
12th June 2018
Tuesday 6:12 pm
22346 spacer
>>22345
>Your position is that she quit because of harassment by people accusing her of being shit

except of course when I said-
"She hasn't said anything to that affect from what I know it seems like the online gossip mill (read:news site) have taken it upon themselves to speculate that as the reason"

or
"It could very well be a completely personal or mundane reason, I don't think people need a good reason to quit social media, even celebrities."

in my first post

or

"remember we still have no reason to suspect that that is the reason she left other than speculation at this point"

in my second post

But other than all of the times you are wrong, you are right.

>>22345
>When a black person is in a shit film, that totally justifies comparing them to a gorilla, right?

Because we all know the half dosen or so people who made those comments and were banned from twitter represents all criticism of the ghostbusters film that was made and was being off hand dismissed as misogyny.
>> No. 22349 Anonymous
13th June 2018
Wednesday 1:02 pm
22349 spacer
>>21977
Is it just me, or is that Corbyn in the hood?
>> No. 22350 Anonymous
13th June 2018
Wednesday 1:14 pm
22350 spacer

JME-Jeremy-Corbyn-920x584[1].png
223502235022350
>>22349
No, this is Corbyn in the hood.
>> No. 22351 Anonymous
13th June 2018
Wednesday 1:55 pm
22351 spacer
>>22350
No, that's JME in a cap.
>> No. 22352 Anonymous
13th June 2018
Wednesday 3:02 pm
22352 spacer
>>22351

That's a do-rag, you menk.
>> No. 22353 Anonymous
13th June 2018
Wednesday 9:45 pm
22353 spacer

fat acceptance.jpg
223532235322353
>>22352
Is menk actually a thing? I live in the countryside so you could make up pretty much any word and disguise it as ethnic slang around here. I'm going to invent three right now. Grebby. Lashwang. Deng-eye.

Also I can't be bothered to make a whole post about this in /101/ but what geriatric jobsworth decided that the suffix -wise should be appended to every random government initiative's advertising campaign? Like change4life's 'be treatwise'? Has anyone ever actually used the word 'streetwise'?

Return ] Entire Thread ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password