[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
work

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply [First 100 posts]
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 4012)
Message
File  []
close
135222766265.jpg
401240124012
>> No. 4012 Anonymous
14th December 2012
Friday 9:36 am
4012 spacer
Stickied
Applying for JSA links
http://pastebin.com/5vJCh4HQ
http://www.urban75.com/Action/Jsa/jsa2.html
Both are a little out of date.
Expand all images.
>> No. 4450 Anonymous
23rd March 2013
Saturday 4:41 am
4450 spacer
>>4012
just wonder for how long someone can make things up in th record book? I mean sooner or later all things to do will run out?
especially living in the deprived location
>> No. 4451 Anonymous
23rd March 2013
Saturday 5:02 am
4451 spacer
>>4450
About this long [-----]
>> No. 4452 Anonymous
23rd March 2013
Saturday 12:53 pm
4452 spacer
If I hear that fucking Vivaldi loop one more time
>> No. 4453 Anonymous
23rd March 2013
Saturday 2:40 pm
4453 spacer
>>4450
Simply go back to the start of your book and say you handed another app in at x, reapplied at x, it worked for me for years.

However. Now they've given those new sheets out they seem to have REALLY cracked down on things, and I was sanctioned the other week for not writing down that i'd telephoned 3 employers a week as I had agreed to do in my Agreement, despite having done 15 other things and applied for 4 jobs.
>> No. 4454 Anonymous
23rd March 2013
Saturday 3:34 pm
4454 spacer
>>4453
I was sanctioned because I'd only managed to crank out one application in a week. My excuse was that I was limiting myself to short-term, temporary work with a near-immediate start, and that they themselves had told me that phoning up and finding it wasn't appropriate didn't count as an application. The adviser said I hadn't been reasonable to restrict myself in this way, even though I had been offered a job and was waiting to start. (I'm now in that job.)
>> No. 4455 Anonymous
23rd March 2013
Saturday 5:55 pm
4455 spacer
>>4453
been quite a time Im on JSA, Nobody seems to read my stuff. I think they all understand that its hard indeed to find a decent job anyway. Who wants minimum wage one? Or dead-end one? And you you can't get along with people?
Fuck, my self esteem was less working mini-wage then on benefits.
>> No. 4457 Anonymous
24th March 2013
Sunday 11:10 pm
4457 spacer
>>4455
What is this job program? I have been signing for nearly a year now and they keep talking about this. I have been sanctioned now though and risk losing 4 weeks money if they're not happy with the amount of applications I'm sending.
>> No. 4460 Anonymous
27th March 2013
Wednesday 1:24 am
4460 spacer
>>4457
Basicly you get put on a 2 years course with A4E, Ingeus or whichever provider serves your area. You have to go visit them about once a fortnight as well as signing on, filling your book in etc. With Ingeus, they keep wanting to send me on useless training courses that would basicly give me a certificate to say I can speak English and count to 3. I did work over christmas, but because it was only for 5 months I was put right back in with Ingeus upon signing on again.

They also keep hassling me to accept thier offer of a work experience placement, despite me telling them in no uncertain terms shall I work for no wage.
>> No. 4464 Anonymous
28th March 2013
Thursday 12:35 am
4464 spacer
>>4460
Those tests, so awkward.

>show up to room from people who look like they just stepped off a boat
>no English speaking people
>all stressing over 'test'
>sit down with test
>get up to check its the right test
>finish in 30s
>Angry glares from Johny foreigner
>29/30, spelled underneath wrong

Then I went upstairs to choose the job which would fit me and got told primark down the road were hiring when the computer said I would like being an industrial sea diver, 3 buses to get there too. bunch of cunts.
>> No. 4465 Anonymous
28th March 2013
Thursday 12:47 am
4465 spacer
I don't know if it's the same across the UK, but the jobcentre lot are pushing people to go for youth employment scheme stuff, which is basically work experience. I'm not in much of a position to be picky but fuck me if I'm going to work 39 weeks at £52 a week. Half the 'jobs' on the jobcentre site seem to be this now.
It's not limited to actual professions or anything either, the number of 'work experience as a sales adviser' positions is fairly shocking.
>> No. 4515 Anonymous
12th April 2013
Friday 12:21 am
4515 spacer
How long do I have to wait after quitting my job before I can sign on to the dole?
>> No. 4516 Anonymous
12th April 2013
Friday 10:08 am
4516 spacer
>>4515
Depends, if you quit then it's 6 months, same if you were sacked.

Though you can always try claiming anyway, they dont check often.
>> No. 4517 Anonymous
12th April 2013
Friday 3:19 pm
4517 spacer
>>4516
>Depends, if you quit then it's 6 months, same if you were sacked.
What's it dependent on then?
>> No. 4518 Anonymous
12th April 2013
Friday 3:49 pm
4518 spacer
>>4517

If you're made redundant or left work through no fault of your own (constructive dismissal/unfair dismissal) then you're entitled to JSA immediately. If you left of your own volition or were sacked due to your behaviour, you can be sanctioned. The rules are quite complicated and subject to interpretation, so you should sign on anyway even if you expect to be sanctioned. There are hardship payments available, which you can claim even if you've been sanctioned if you'd end up completely skint. There are several rights of appeal which are often worth pursuing.
>> No. 4519 Anonymous
12th April 2013
Friday 6:52 pm
4519 spacer
>>4515
I left my job and signed up for it straight away.
Make sure you find another job asap though. They fucked me over so bad by cutting me off without notice (becuase I quit my job), which stopped my housing benefit too so couldn't pay rent and had to sell all my stuff to do so, had to go 5 days without electric and surviving on dry weetabix, couldn't even get a crisis loan because I chose to quit my job.
>> No. 4520 Anonymous
12th April 2013
Friday 9:31 pm
4520 spacer
>>4519
1. Quit your job without first securing alternative income
2. Receive benefit you aren't entitled to
3. Complain that the Jobcentre fucked you over

Modern Britain, ladies and gentlemen.
>> No. 4521 Anonymous
12th April 2013
Friday 10:26 pm
4521 spacer
>>4519
>I left my job
You did read up about the benefit you were signing up to, right?
>> No. 4522 Anonymous
12th April 2013
Friday 10:43 pm
4522 spacer
>>4520
>>4521

Don't be fucking arseholes.
>> No. 4523 Anonymous
12th April 2013
Friday 11:23 pm
4523 spacer
>>4522
What's the problem here? Applying for JSA when you walked out is like applying for a blue badge when you've broken your leg. You simply can't claim to be hard done by in that situation.
>> No. 4524 Anonymous
12th April 2013
Friday 11:35 pm
4524 spacer
>>4520
>>4521
First of all, it doesn't say here that people leaving their job can't claim JSA, and you would think that it would, given that it's an unemployed person's only means of support and therefore quite important:
https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance/eligibility

And secondly, being forced to stay in a job you hate by the threat of no public support when you leave it is an affront to your economic liberty, so this situation shouldn't even exist in the first place.
>> No. 4525 Anonymous
13th April 2013
Saturday 12:04 am
4525 spacer
>>4524
>First of all, it doesn't say here that people leaving their job can't claim JSA
There's a booklet you pick up at the JCP all about JSA. That you can't get it if you were sacked or left without good reason is mentioned quite early on. I daresay there's a copy of this booklet on the webshite somewhere.

>And secondly, being forced to stay in a job you hate by the threat of no public support when you leave it is an affront to your economic liberty
If you're genuinely being mistreated, then you can claim that you were justified in leaving.
>> No. 4526 Anonymous
13th April 2013
Saturday 12:26 am
4526 spacer
>>4519

1) See if you can get a sick note off your doctor, even if it's stress related.
2) See if the doctor will backdate the sick note, as ESA will backdate the payments up to 3 months if a sicknote covers the period.
3) As for JSA, they usually apply a sanction for up to 6 months if you willingly leave a job. You could avoid this if there were good grounds for leaving, but you would need to lodge an appeal against the JSA decision.
4) While JSA is sanctioned, you can claim hardship payments after 3 weeks, but they are usually only 40% of the benefit. You can apply for this every week.
5) Housing Benefit and Council Tax benefit automatically stop when JSA stops as it is a passport benefit. You can still claim Housing Benefit without receiving JSA, you need to fill in a nil-income statement and possibly provide bank statements to prove your lack of earnings for your claim period.
6) Go to a CAB or advice centre whenever you need help with supporting yourself you fucking idiot.
>> No. 4527 Anonymous
13th April 2013
Saturday 12:28 am
4527 spacer
>>4525
This government webpage will be the first port of call for a significant number of people who want to claim JSA. You should expect it to clearly say that people who have recently left work are ineligible. You shouldn't have to be furrowing around in some booklet. It's a con enabling the DWP to avoid paying benefit to deserving people.

It's not about mistreatment; it's about having the leisure to find a job you enjoy and are suited to, rather than having to be a wage slave.
>> No. 4529 Anonymous
13th April 2013
Saturday 12:33 am
4529 spacer
>>4527

Alternatively, speak to people who are paid to interpret and understand what the government says before you just quit your job.
>> No. 4530 Anonymous
13th April 2013
Saturday 12:35 am
4530 spacer
>>4527
>This government webpage will be the first port of call for a significant number of people who want to claim JSA.
Yes, and if they're not idiots it won't be their last.
>> No. 4531 Anonymous
13th April 2013
Saturday 12:45 am
4531 spacer
>>4529
>>4530
Maybe people don't have the time to do detailed research on what should be a simple entitlement because they, you know, have a full-time job. But, no, apparently it's their fault that
>The rules are quite complicated and subject to interpretation
>> No. 4532 Anonymous
13th April 2013
Saturday 1:00 am
4532 spacer
>>4531

>Hi, I'm thinking of leaving my job, could you please advise me on that for free?
>> No. 4533 Anonymous
13th April 2013
Saturday 1:07 am
4533 spacer
>>4527

>it's about having the leisure to find a job you enjoy and are suited to

If you feel that you're entitled to that by rights, then fair enough. Unfortunately for you, the majority of the electorate disagrees. Most people feel that the spirit of the welfare state is to provide a safety net for people who are in unavoidable hardship, not to subsidise the lifestyles of people who choose not to work.

You had a job, but you left because you didn't like it. You expected taxpayers - many of whom are also in jobs they don't particularly like - to pay your bills until you found a job more to your liking. Not unreasonably, the taxpayer told you to piss off. The benefits system is deliberately designed to prevent exactly what you wanted to do, because most people see it as parasitic. If you thought otherwise, then you were badly deluded.
>> No. 4536 Anonymous
13th April 2013
Saturday 2:37 am
4536 spacer
>>4520
Yeah, I hated my job and stupidly quit, but the next day I was already looking for work.
My mistake for leaving before finding another, but I was actually seeking a job which I couldn't say for what % who claim Job SEEKERS allowance? So yeah, there's some entitlement and bitterness about the job centre fucking me over whilst they quite happily pay for other peoples weed who haven't had in interest in finding a job for years.

Anyway, I'm all sorted now, was just giving that guy a heads up as I didn't know the score when I quite, and this reply is primarily just to say fuck you.

>>4526
Ta for the advice, and insult, but as said I'm sorted now and have been in work for a year since the incident.

Some of the people on this site, christ.
>> No. 4537 Anonymous
13th April 2013
Saturday 3:19 am
4537 spacer
>>4536

I'm glad you're sorted, but I needed to provide proper advice on your situation and similar situations in case anyone should find themselves in a similar predicament.

If you can't handle someone calling you a fucking idiot on the internet, perhaps you should stick to reddit rather than imageboards.
>> No. 4543 Anonymous
13th April 2013
Saturday 12:24 pm
4543 spacer
>>4536
>but I was actually seeking a job which I couldn't say for what % who claim Job SEEKERS allowance?
Approximately 0.something.

>entitlement and bitterness about the job centre fucking me over
The job centre didn't fuck you over. You fucked yourself over.
>> No. 4666 Anonymous
3rd May 2013
Friday 12:14 am
4666 spacer
They're making me book in every week been about 4 months now.

When does it stop and I turn up every 2 weeks?
>> No. 4669 Anonymous
4th May 2013
Saturday 11:38 am
4669 spacer
>>4666
About 2 years if it's the Work Programme.
>> No. 4742 Anonymous
7th June 2013
Friday 2:43 am
4742 spacer
I've been on probation at work for about 4 months now and I've been given another 6 weeks probation after which I will probably be let go for basically being too slow (I'm having a lot of trouble, this job really isn't for me at all). Will I be able to get JSA again afterwards or will I be rejected and starve to death?
>> No. 4743 Anonymous
7th June 2013
Friday 10:00 am
4743 spacer
>>4742

If you're fired then it's fine. It's just a problem if you voluntarily quit.
>> No. 4744 Anonymous
7th June 2013
Friday 10:21 am
4744 spacer
>>4743
I don't think that's true.
>> No. 4745 Anonymous
7th June 2013
Friday 11:00 am
4745 spacer
>>4744

It is.
>> No. 4747 Anonymous
7th June 2013
Friday 11:13 am
4747 spacer
>>4745
Only it isn't.

>If you were dismissed from your job, we’ll ask your last employer for the reasons. You will be able to comment on what they say. Jobcentre Plus will decide whether you have lost your employment because of your own actions. If we do decide that this is the case, you may lose your entitlement to Jobseeker’s Allowance from one to 26 weeks.

Much like leaving a job voluntarily, you need to show you acted reasonably.
>> No. 4748 Anonymous
7th June 2013
Friday 11:34 am
4748 spacer
>>4747

It sounds like he's being dismissed for legitimate reasons. I think that bit's to stop people doing something ridiculous to deliberately get fired because they know they're not allowed to quit.
>> No. 4749 Anonymous
7th June 2013
Friday 11:56 am
4749 spacer
>>4747

Only it is.

>If you were dismissed from your job, we’ll ask your last employer for the reasons. You will be able to comment on what they say. Jobcentre Plus will decide whether you have lost your employment because of your own actions. If we do decide that this is the case, you may lose your entitlement to Jobseeker’s Allowance from one to 26 weeks.

If you get fired, no sanctions will be imposed unless you were trying to get fired, i.e. you left voluntarily. If you leave voluntarily, you will be sanctioned, no exceptions.
>> No. 4750 Anonymous
7th June 2013
Friday 12:05 pm
4750 spacer
>>4749
As >>4748 says, this is probably academic to >>4742, but you've got a serious case of confirmation bias going on there. Misconduct is not synonymous with "trying to get fired".

http://www.tuc.org.uk/extras/jsasanctions.pdf
>> No. 4751 Anonymous
7th June 2013
Friday 12:08 pm
4751 spacer
>>4750

You're correct, but you don't get sanctioned for misconduct related firing, unless the person on the other side of the desk is a cunt or behind on his quota. The JSA quote is misleading.
>> No. 4752 Anonymous
7th June 2013
Friday 12:24 pm
4752 spacer
>>4749

I know someone who quit and told the Job Centre his work environment was so stressful he couldn't continue there because it would damage his health, and they accepted it. He was completely genuine though and got another job very soon after.
>> No. 4755 Anonymous
7th June 2013
Friday 10:06 pm
4755 spacer
>>4752
Christ, I'd never have expected that to fly in this Tory day and age.
>> No. 4758 Anonymous
7th June 2013
Friday 10:56 pm
4758 spacer
Just been told I have to start signing weekly.

Cunts, where do they expect me to pull the extra busfare from? Especially paying the fucking bedroom tax.

it's like they want us unemployed folk to go on the rob.
>> No. 4761 Anonymous
8th June 2013
Saturday 10:05 am
4761 spacer
>>4751
[citation needed]

If you were dismissed for misconduct, you are liable to lose entitlement for 26 weeks, just like leaving a job without a good reason. AIUI, this isn't a sanction, you're simply not entitled and your claim will either fail or result in a nil award.
>> No. 4762 Anonymous
8th June 2013
Saturday 10:26 am
4762 spacer
>>4758
I thought you could reclaim your bus fare while they make you sign on weekly?
>> No. 4764 Anonymous
9th June 2013
Sunday 12:09 am
4764 spacer
>>4762
I'll have to look into that one, nobody mentioned it.
>> No. 4765 Anonymous
9th June 2013
Sunday 2:34 am
4765 spacer
>>4764
If they aren't mentioning this stuff, there should be plenty of leaflets sitting on the racks explaining what you're entitled to. Look for one about travel benefits.

One thing they seem to be keeping top secret is the Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card, it gets you half fare on the train. If you're in London you can get the slightly better-known Bus & Tram Discount Photocard for your Oyster.
>> No. 4772 Anonymous
13th June 2013
Thursday 9:05 pm
4772 spacer
Ahhh fun times to be at the Job centre.
Was signing on today and then a bloke started shouting and kicking off, slamming the desk and knocking shit about.
From what I heard, he was sick of being treated like shit every time he went there, they cant cut his money off for doing 9 things instead of ten, he can barely get by as is and feed his kids etc so they're taking food form his daughters mouth.

Then the security bloke came over and grabbed him and they had a scuffle before the coppers showed up form over the road.

To be fair, I dont blame him.
>> No. 4773 Anonymous
13th June 2013
Thursday 9:20 pm
4773 spacer
>>4772
Sounds like he was a muppet for being suckered into signing for ten things. Most I've ever had on any of my JS agreements was two. Got no questions when I was doing much more, and didn't get into trouble during the slow weeks.
>> No. 4774 Anonymous
15th June 2013
Saturday 11:24 am
4774 spacer
>>4773
I have to do 14 things a week and they wont take no for an answer. A large increase from 3 which i'd done for 4 years previous.
>> No. 4777 Anonymous
15th June 2013
Saturday 2:54 pm
4777 spacer
A tip for the dolesumlads:

HE colleges often have some very good courses, which actually improve your employability.

I paid 30 quid for a course worth three grand due to providing a dole slip.

This is likely to be in breach of your JSA terms, but if you don't tell anyone at the job centre you will be fine. The colleges do not pass your info on to the government. Just keep your head down and ensure that your tutor knows in advance that once a week/fortnight you may have to miss a class.

Jus' sayin'.
>> No. 4778 Anonymous
15th June 2013
Saturday 3:08 pm
4778 spacer
>>4777
>This is likely to be in breach of your JSA terms

If you do a part-time course then you should be alright, although you'd be expected to give up the course for a job.
>> No. 4779 Anonymous
15th June 2013
Saturday 3:15 pm
4779 spacer
>>4778

Nah, only if it is less than 15 hours a week - my experience was 18 hours.

Kept mum and did it, bullshited the job seeking, then walked into a job 3 months later. A job dependent on the course, and arranged two months before I finished.

I kept in touch with one of the senior guys at the job centre, and we would go for a pint on a Friday. I mentioned what I had done one day, and he told me that he would have done the same. He was a thoroughly decent guy, which is why I ket in touch, but he also said that one word out of place and I would have been seriously fucked. But the fact that this risk existed was nonsence of the highest order.
>> No. 4819 Anonymous
19th June 2013
Wednesday 1:46 pm
4819 spacer
Last week I went in and they would not refund my dayrider ticket despite having done so an eternity of times before, they would only give me back the price of a return.

Today, they wont refund bus tickets in Cash anymore.
Nope, my £3.70 will be refunded to my bank within 5 working days. Lovely since I needed it for milk on the way home.
>> No. 4872 Anonymous
26th June 2013
Wednesday 5:29 pm
4872 spacer
>>4819
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23058853

It's only going to get worse for doleychaps from today.
>> No. 4873 Anonymous
26th June 2013
Wednesday 5:37 pm
4873 spacer
>>4872
When I was on the dole I was always weekly. Does this mean my advisor hated me? She always seemed really nice.
>> No. 4874 Anonymous
30th June 2013
Sunday 10:24 pm
4874 spacer
>>4872
From April, actually.
>> No. 5012 Anonymous
16th July 2013
Tuesday 4:19 pm
5012 spacer
So basically it's time for me to get some dole; I've been pretty much full on hikkomori for the last few months because of crippling depression and I'm getting into trouble now with debts (I was hoping I'd get a job without having to go on the dole, but of course I was a lazy twat).

>Online claims begin on the date they are submitted. In very exceptional circumstances only, it may be possible for a claim to start from an earlier date and then only with a valid reason provided. Do you want your claim to start from an earlier date?

This came up on the site, so is it possible I could get my claim started from when I actually lost my job? That was around May time.
>> No. 5013 Anonymous
16th July 2013
Tuesday 8:24 pm
5013 spacer
>>5012

Only if you can prove that you were unable to make a claim at an earlier date. If you can get a diagnosis of depression or agoraphobia it might be worth a punt at getting your claim backdated.
>> No. 5014 Anonymous
17th July 2013
Wednesday 10:16 am
5014 spacer
>>5013
Then they'll argue because you were not well, you were not entitled to JSA for that period and should have claimed one of the various disability benefits.
>> No. 5015 Anonymous
17th July 2013
Wednesday 12:07 pm
5015 spacer
>>5014

If he was too ill to be actively seeking work then yes. He was too ill to make a claim, let alone actively seek work.
>> No. 5016 Anonymous
17th July 2013
Wednesday 12:15 pm
5016 spacer
If he could get a sick note, maybe he could apply for ESA and try to backdate that.
>> No. 5031 Anonymous
19th July 2013
Friday 7:43 pm
5031 spacer
Cheers lads. I'll give it a go anyway, try and blag whatever I can from them. I should be able to get a sick note so that route might be a goer.

Went in for an appointment today and all they did was have me sign some forms and gave me an appointment for a different jobcentre that's technically nearer but is full of even more chavs. I assumed this is part of the normal bureaucracy but I didn't have the balls to ask when I'll start getting my fucking money- So when do I start getting my fucking money?
>> No. 5032 Anonymous
19th July 2013
Friday 8:08 pm
5032 spacer
>>5031
When your claim gets processed. Last spell I was on, my first signing appointment was the day after my induction appointment, and I still hadn't been paid by the following appointment two weeks later.
>> No. 5062 Anonymous
1st August 2013
Thursday 5:04 pm
5062 spacer
Went to sign on today, and been told for the next fortnight i have to sign on every day, starting tomorrow.

Great, thanks for the notice enough to put aside the extra busfares.
>> No. 5063 Anonymous
1st August 2013
Thursday 6:29 pm
5063 spacer
>>5062
Daily signing? What the actual fuck? You will of course be demanding a refund of those bus fares at your appointments and not leaving until you get it. Not a promise of a refund, but the cash itself. Be civil but firm.
>> No. 5064 Anonymous
1st August 2013
Thursday 7:04 pm
5064 spacer
>>5063
Oh they give refunds, but straight into your bank now, within 48 hours.

Cant get £3.60 out of the bank without fucking about.
>> No. 5065 Anonymous
5th August 2013
Monday 3:39 pm
5065 spacer
>>5062

are you fucking serious?

im thinking of signing and theres no way i can hack going daily

Please respond.
>> No. 5066 Anonymous
5th August 2013
Monday 4:16 pm
5066 spacer
>>5065

I think they only do that if you piss them off or slack with your jobsearch and need "extra help". If you act keen and apply for at least as many jobs as they ask you to, there should be no problem.
>> No. 5067 Anonymous
5th August 2013
Monday 4:34 pm
5067 spacer
>>5065
To be honest, with your punctuation and capitalization, you're lucky they let you sign on at all. Arsecunt.
>> No. 5068 Anonymous
5th August 2013
Monday 5:07 pm
5068 spacer
>>5067
I became a grammar-Nazi because of this place.
>> No. 5078 Anonymous
6th August 2013
Tuesday 4:04 pm
5078 spacer
>>5065
been told it's because I've just come off the work program, so it's a period of increased assistance. Which means, in the 3 days I've signed on extra, I've been made to wait half an hour, signed a bit of paper and left without fuck all happening. What takes the piss is that during being on TWP, I worked for 5 months before being laid off. However you have to be in work for 6 for the slate to be wiped so to speak, so they treat me as If I've been out of work for over 2 years.
>> No. 5087 Anonymous
7th August 2013
Wednesday 1:28 pm
5087 spacer
Haven't claimed JSA before, went in for a meeting last week and was told "Your partner earns £800 a month? That's more than £400, so he should be able to support the both of you". Didn't even get chance to sit down, seemed like a firm no.

So is that that? Does that assume we'd be getting housing benefit?
>> No. 5088 Anonymous
7th August 2013
Wednesday 1:48 pm
5088 spacer
>>5087
My friend had something similar, she was a couple of months short of being able to claim contribution-based JSA which, IIRC, she'd have been able to claim even though her boyfriend has a decent job.

No idea about housing benefit, call the council.
>> No. 5113 Anonymous
9th August 2013
Friday 6:39 pm
5113 spacer
Lads.

I've just been told "off the record" By my Advisor blokey that starting next Thursday, everybody on JSA will be made to sign on weekly. And that advisor appointments are being rolled into regular signing on days. Therefore, the new rules are that you must show up at such and such time, but must allow for an hours wait to see an advisor.
>> No. 5114 Anonymous
9th August 2013
Friday 6:52 pm
5114 spacer
>>5113
I'm not buying it.
>> No. 5115 Anonymous
9th August 2013
Friday 6:53 pm
5115 spacer
>>5114
He said it was being introduced on the quiet, and people would get letters when they signed on next.
>> No. 5205 Anonymous
24th August 2013
Saturday 1:56 pm
5205 spacer
Hey guys. I applied on monday and haven't gotten any replies back. So yeah, it's been an entire week when they said it'd take 2 working days. Any idea what's going on?
>> No. 5209 Anonymous
24th August 2013
Saturday 2:55 pm
5209 spacer
>>5207
Anyone with a bag of spuds might suggest that this was a sneaky way of keeping the claimant count down.

I remember applying online, and receiving a text message a couple of days later. The message said my appointment was the following morning.
>> No. 5210 Anonymous
24th August 2013
Saturday 2:58 pm
5210 spacer
>>5205

I applied and, IIRC, at the end of the form it said they'd text me within two days to set up a Job Centre interview. It got to 4.30pm on the second day and I hadn't heard anything so I went into the Job Centre and they told me they HAD made an appointment for me the following day, they just hadn't bothered to tell me about it.
>> No. 5211 Anonymous
24th August 2013
Saturday 2:59 pm
5211 spacer
>>5209

They didn't even apologise or anything. She just laughed and said, "It's a good job you came in then."
>> No. 5289 Anonymous
20th September 2013
Friday 2:53 am
5289 spacer
>>5211

They are utterly useless wanks. Sorry you have to deal with them right now. I've known some people who worked for them and they were all a bit strange, to say the least. It seems they like to pick a strange breed and run an even stranger ship.
>> No. 5297 Anonymous
20th September 2013
Friday 7:40 am
5297 spacer
>>5289

My dad has worked at a jobbie for 40 years, and to hear him tell it it's even more depressing to work there than it is to sign on there. He's had chairs lobbed at him, been threatened with a sawnoff, had people come in bollock naked to claim etc. I imagine it gets to you.

They don't pick 'a strange breed', they pick from the small, shitty pool of candidates that are suitably qualified, but autistic/offputting enough not to have any other offers. Generally supplemented with ex-Fraud Squad old farts like the old man, who remember the days when they had more powers than the police and are just hanging on until retirement and don't really give a toss.
>> No. 5312 Anonymous
22nd September 2013
Sunday 8:55 pm
5312 spacer
>>5297

Your dad sounds like a horrible person.
>> No. 5313 Anonymous
22nd September 2013
Sunday 8:58 pm
5313 spacer
>>5312
And you sound like a complete cunt. How dare you say that.
>> No. 5314 Anonymous
22nd September 2013
Sunday 9:01 pm
5314 spacer
>>5313
He is right. His dad does come off a bit cuntish.
>> No. 5315 Anonymous
22nd September 2013
Sunday 9:18 pm
5315 spacer
>>5313

> How dare you say that.

Shouldn't that end in a question mark? Plus, why not dare? It's not like anyone here is scary or there's anything to really dare. It's not like Goodfellas here.
>> No. 5322 Anonymous
23rd September 2013
Monday 12:50 am
5322 spacer
I had the completely bizzare phenomenon of having a decent job center worker the other month.
I had transfered in after moving to the area, and in my first meeting with him, after he finished telling me all of the expesnes I could make claims for and how to do it. He then started offering me the abblity to get free training, I don't mean like shitty, how to apply for work and how do you turn on a computer level, I mean genuine training that job seekers would pay for (and up to ten grands worth). I was preparing a proposal for SQL and six sigma training when I unfortunately became employed, I think that doing those courses would have been potentially better for my career then getting a job right then.

The man was the very model of what the system should be like, and I don't understand why people like him don't exist more.
>> No. 5324 Anonymous
23rd September 2013
Monday 1:56 am
5324 spacer
>>5322
>I mean genuine training that job seekers would pay for (and up to ten grands worth).
I think you ran the risk of being suckered into something there. That sort of thing isn't at the adviser's discretion at all. The office as a whole would have a budget for additional training, and unless you were signing on at Scum Central £10k would have likely blown that budget for the month, if not the quarter.
>> No. 5328 Anonymous
23rd September 2013
Monday 12:50 pm
5328 spacer
>>5210
>>5211

Today I went in to sign and they informed me they'd closed my claim because I failed to attend an appointment on the 11th. They had supposedly sent me a letter about this appointment but I never received it so didn't know anything about it.

I've just completed my online "rapid reclaim". I wonder what the odds are they're going to "forget" to tell me when my new claim interview is again.
>> No. 5335 Anonymous
23rd September 2013
Monday 7:34 pm
5335 spacer
>>5328
Push them all the way on this one, because that FTA will be down on your record for the purposes of determining the length of any sanctions, which are now being given out willy-nilly.
>> No. 5336 Anonymous
24th September 2013
Tuesday 2:18 am
5336 spacer
>>5328
I had this happen to me before.
Had money cut off for a month while they investigated etc, got it all backpayed but they instantly blame you and not themselves.
>> No. 5337 Anonymous
24th September 2013
Tuesday 4:55 pm
5337 spacer
>>5335
>>5336

I got the text message at 16.23 yesterday saying the appointment was at 14.50 today. I got another text at 12.45 today saying

>Your Jobseeker's Allowance has been awarded. We will confirm this by letter. Please continue to attend the Jobcentre as advised.

The woman at the appointment was really nice and just asked if I'd been on holiday or something.

I was expecting them to mess about for at least a month because that's what they did last time I made a new claim. When I phoned them that time they said they'd lost the paperwork and had to print my online application off again.
>> No. 5352 Anonymous
26th September 2013
Thursday 9:25 pm
5352 spacer

VaughanWilliams02.jpg
535253525352
I am going to get an eye test and likely some glasses for basically nothing thanks to the JSA. Fellows, make as much as you can from what you're entitled to if they will help you in the long-run. They will also pay for you to get to interviews if you tell them, because it isn't a signing-on day, feel free to apply far and wide.
Only just started my claim, no cockups pissing me about like >>5337 just had, so hopefully I don't end up with the same of the other problems some of you seem to have had.
>> No. 5353 Anonymous
26th September 2013
Thursday 9:53 pm
5353 spacer
>>5352
If you haven't had a payment yet, expect it to take up to 4-6 weeks before they start (at which point you'll be back-paid to the start of your claim). Their "Universal Jobmatch" is not compulsory, and challenge anyone who tells you so. By using it, you risk giving DWP information that may lead to them stopping your benefit. If this principled stand doesn't impress, there's also the fact that it's shit and the competition (Reed, Indeed, Fish4) are much better.

If you are sent a job advert under the guise of trying to help you (it'll be a poor fit, and it'll be shit since half the office will have tried to fill it already), it may technically be a "notified vacancy" which can trip you up and lead to a stoppage.
>> No. 5354 Anonymous
26th September 2013
Thursday 10:07 pm
5354 spacer
>>5353
I got my payment today as it happens, no buggering about for some reason, I was probably ambiguous so sorry about that - I made my claim a week ago yesterday and had my first sign-on this Monday.
My adviser has told me I have to go to the universal job match site and sign up for that, but I know it's a sack of shit and there are tonnes of graduate level jobs I can apply for right now, I will only sign onto that as a last resort if they threaten me with losing my benefits in the meantime and they corner me with having to do it. I didn't sign my agreement with that as a requisite, so I shall stick by this. There are some good German language jobs on that site that I have gone for.
>> No. 5359 Anonymous
26th September 2013
Thursday 10:47 pm
5359 spacer
>>5354

I delayed going on UJM for as long as possible but finally signed up and it doesn't seem to be as bad of a privacy violation as I thought it would be.

You can browse it without logging on so if they were to ask you why you hadn't been on it for ages you could just say you'd been doing that.

If you apply for a job that's handled internally by UJM, it just sends the employer your CV and doesn't seem to allow you to put a covering letter. Nowadays at least 90% of UJM vacancies either ask you to email or send you off to an offsite link. If the JobCentre asked you why you hadn't made any applications, you could tell them they weren't showing up on your UJM account because of that.

A lot of advisors know UJM is crap and find it perfectly acceptable for you to use other recruitment sites instead. You can sign up just to humour them (and so they can meet their target for sign ups) and then not use it.
378 posts omitted. First 100 posts shown.

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password