[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
sheds

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 13515)
Message
File  []
close
SAUSAGE.jpg
135151351513515
>> ID: 7389f1 No. 13515 Anonymous
10th December 2015
Thursday 8:44 pm

ID: 7389f1
13515 Silly Sausage Thread
Ban appeals, supplication and fry-ups.
Expand all images.
>> ID: 759e31 No. 13516 Anonymous
10th December 2015
Thursday 8:50 pm

ID: 759e31
13516 spacer
That sausage to fork ratio looks off, to me.
>> ID: 964e03 No. 13517 Anonymous
10th December 2015
Thursday 9:51 pm

ID: 964e03
13517 spacer
I'm permabanned on my office PC with a static IP for posting a link in /iq/ to some pointless fuckabout website. I'd complain, because it was definitely within a standard deviation of the average thread quality of /iq/, but I've actually gotten something like four chapters of my thesis written since.

Thanks, shape-shifting reptilians, you stopped me from being as much of a silly sausage.
>> ID: 7389f1 No. 13518 Anonymous
10th December 2015
Thursday 10:20 pm

ID: 7389f1
13518 spacer
>>13517

Probably flagged as spam.
>> ID: db9398 No. 13523 Anonymous
11th December 2015
Friday 7:26 am

ID: db9398
13523 spacer

SPAM UP.jpg
135231352313523
>>13518
>> ID: 612f62 No. 13524 Anonymous
11th December 2015
Friday 4:30 pm

ID: 612f62
13524 spacer
Why can't I access /A/?
>> ID: 7389f1 No. 13528 Anonymous
11th December 2015
Friday 6:06 pm

ID: 7389f1
13528 spacer
>>13524

Some boards are blocked to foreign IPs for legal reasons/It's a conspiracy. It depends on who you ask.
>> ID: 964e03 No. 13535 Anonymous
12th December 2015
Saturday 1:29 am

ID: 964e03
13535 spacer
>>13518
Can I have it reversed, then, please? I'm fed up of getting erections at my desk from Supernanny.
>> ID: 7389f1 No. 13536 Anonymous
12th December 2015
Saturday 8:04 am

ID: 7389f1
13536 spacer
>>13535

It shows a 503 forbidden, not a ban page. Nice try, though.
>> ID: 6a67df No. 13537 Anonymous
12th December 2015
Saturday 2:53 pm

ID: 6a67df
13537 spacer
>>13536
Forbidden is 403, you fat-handed twat.
>> ID: 964e03 No. 13538 Anonymous
12th December 2015
Saturday 4:22 pm

ID: 964e03
13538 spacer
>>13536
No, it definitely tells me I'm banned forever.
>> ID: 7389f1 No. 13539 Anonymous
12th December 2015
Saturday 5:11 pm

ID: 7389f1
13539 spacer
>>13538

Ok then, mystery solved.
>> ID: 612f62 No. 13548 Anonymous
13th December 2015
Sunday 9:09 pm

ID: 612f62
13548 spacer
>>13528
"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /A/ on this server."

Any ideas?
>> ID: 6a67df No. 13553 Anonymous
13th December 2015
Sunday 10:09 pm

ID: 6a67df
13553 spacer
>>13548
Do you still geofag to the US?
>> ID: 612f62 No. 13556 Anonymous
14th December 2015
Monday 12:11 am

ID: 612f62
13556 spacer
>>13553
Still? Only >>13524 and >>13548 was me.

Anyway, no, I don't, and I could access the other boards fine. Unblocked now, so thanks.
>> ID: 710a06 No. 13558 Anonymous
14th December 2015
Monday 5:22 pm

ID: 710a06
13558 spacer
Slightly off topic, but I am on a work computer. I noticed 5 separate posts on /sentry/ from different parts of Malaysia.

This is of interest to me as I will be in Malaysia over the next couple of weeks. I will be fucking busy, but was wondering whether .gs will be available to me.
>> ID: ae268c No. 13559 Anonymous
14th December 2015
Monday 5:30 pm

ID: ae268c
13559 spacer
>>13558
Everything but the porn.
>> ID: d7bb1f No. 13561 Anonymous
15th December 2015
Tuesday 1:42 pm

ID: d7bb1f
13561 spacer
Could the m0dz please stop locking so many threads? If it's vacuous trash reminiscent of the other place fair enough, but just because the OP of >>/b/398357 is a pathetic excuse for an adult doesn't mean the entire thread needs to shut down. We're not being actively damaged by discussing the matter. Then again it did belong in /emo/ anyway. Point is, if you think about it, posters being twats have resulted in some of the most entertaining events in the history of .gs.

(A good day to you Sir!)
>> ID: 376958 No. 13562 Anonymous
15th December 2015
Tuesday 2:12 pm

ID: 376958
13562 spacer
>>13561

I'm of the school of thought that you need discourse to create stimulation. If when someone posted something everyone agreed with it, although that is a good post the conversation comes to a halt pretty rapidly and offers no new knowledge, or experience. The thread you mentioned being a good example of a view which creates discourse.
>> ID: 7389f1 No. 13563 Anonymous
15th December 2015
Tuesday 2:13 pm

ID: 7389f1
13563 spacer
>>13561

If you stop dodging wordfilters and put your threads in the correct boards, we'll stop locking them and banning you.
>> ID: c1c78a No. 13564 Anonymous
15th December 2015
Tuesday 2:22 pm

ID: c1c78a
13564 spacer
>>13561
>posters being twats have resulted in some of the most entertaining events in the history of .gs.

Twats like bike thief and crab killer or wonks like ambulancelad and the lad who freaked out because his mum asked him to order a takeaway and he didn't know how had a certain level of gravitas or endearment.

The OP of that thread was just an arseclown.
>> ID: 7389f1 No. 13565 Anonymous
15th December 2015
Tuesday 2:58 pm

ID: 7389f1
13565 spacer
It needs to be said, regardless of the arseclownery of the OP as that isn't what he was banned for; wrongthink is not a punishable offence, if he had posted on /emo/ the thread would have been left alone. /emo/ threads go in /emo/ not /b/, it's as simple as that.
>> ID: 89ed24 No. 13566 Anonymous
15th December 2015
Tuesday 3:02 pm

ID: 89ed24
13566 spacer
>>13564

This is true to a point, but I think it's a slipper slope and before you know it you have Nepali cunts spamming pie threads and telling everyone how they are are posting from Nepal.
>> ID: 4ed52e No. 13567 Anonymous
15th December 2015
Tuesday 3:07 pm

ID: 4ed52e
13567 spacer
>>13563
Your wordfilters are shite, and I haven't started a thread in months, let alone in the wrong board. Anyway I do have things to do today so maybe a day off of .gs would do me good, cheers m@dm8s
>> ID: 607023 No. 13568 Anonymous
15th December 2015
Tuesday 3:07 pm

ID: 607023
13568 spacer

357-clarkson.jpg
135681356813568
>>13566

>I think it's a slipper slope and before you know it you have Nepali cunts spamming pie threads and telling everyone how they are are posting from Nepal.

What do you call a Nepalese man wearing a warm indoor shoe?

A slipper slope


(My apologies for posting that in /shed/)
>> ID: e09ba8 No. 13569 Anonymous
15th December 2015
Tuesday 3:22 pm

ID: e09ba8
13569 spacer

what.jpg
135691356913569
>>13566
>> ID: 82b741 No. 13575 Anonymous
13th January 2016
Wednesday 6:49 pm

ID: 82b741
13575 spacer

Screenshot_2016-01-13-18-39-07.png
135751357513575
Not a proxy, just posting from mobile.
>> ID: ae268c No. 13576 Anonymous ## Mod ##
13th January 2016
Wednesday 7:42 pm

ID: ae268c
13576 spacer
>>13575
That happens to me, too. I decided to put up with it as the mobile networks were routinely used to post CP spam. It's a pain in the arse but I'd rather wait until I get home to post than risk more CP being posted.
>> ID: 82b741 No. 13577 Anonymous
13th January 2016
Wednesday 8:10 pm

ID: 82b741
13577 spacer
>>13576
Fair enough but does the ban really have to be indefinite, then?
>> ID: ae268c No. 13578 Anonymous
13th January 2016
Wednesday 8:37 pm

ID: ae268c
13578 spacer
>>13577

Yes, unless you have a better solution?

"din" whoever you are, if you know what posts in /x/ are child pornography then you should probably report them for deletion instead of bragging about it on a connection that can be traced back to you personally. Moron.
>> ID: 230b52 No. 13579 Anonymous
13th January 2016
Wednesday 8:57 pm

ID: 230b52
13579 spacer
>* din (dindin@7C60E300.F2386D93.30738E0A.IP) has joined
><din> well
><din> because of the way posting and reporting posts corresponds
><din> i can't actually report anything on /x/ with a foriegn IP
><din> remember, foreigners arent allowed to go there
><din> and i have always dilligently reported that shit because i don't want it on there
><din> you lot are just pissy because you're all lazy drunkards on the dole
><shape-shifting reptilian> but you can view it?
><din> and you know, actually stopping people from getting in trouble might fall in your purview
><din> but you'd fail ont hat end
><din> yeah
><din> i remember reporting shit before and it would go away
><shape-shifting reptilian> you can view a thread that was way past the first page despite that being forbidden to foreigners in exactly the same way as the report function is?
><din> i'm fairly certain i did report it some time ago anyway
><din> but i don't know if the thing would go through
><din> i remember finding the magical thread
><shape-shifting reptilian> We're generally over-cautious in removing anything that might be CP, if you had reported it, it would have gone
><din> well that entire thread should be disappeared tbh
><shape-shifting reptilian> it has been
><din> porn is horrible
><din> bye
><din> oh wait, i'd also appreciate it if you deleted the post referring to me
><shape-shifting reptilian> that's why you try so hard to bypass the wall to view the x boards is it?
><shape-shifting reptilian> you're not making a lot of sense right now mate
><din> i have to impose my sense of morality on others
><din> to ensure that i can keep due dilligence against such crimes, i keep my eye on the entire pornography industry
><shape-shifting reptilian> that's cool, I'll impose mine on you by leaving the post up then. thanks for drawing my attention to the thread, all the same.
><din> :(
>* din has quit (Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC client)

Please, if you know or suspect a post to be of child pornography, report it for deletion rather than making yourself complicit in the viewing and production of it. Or rather than being a complete nutcase.
>> ID: 82b741 No. 13580 Anonymous
13th January 2016
Wednesday 9:46 pm

ID: 82b741
13580 spacer
>>13578
I'm just saying how do you know that IP is going to be used to post CP forever and ever? I presume the posters of it are smart and dedicated enough to realise they need to change IPs frequently, even if they could somehow hold onto a single mobile network IP for themselves - and we know that they can't because I got assigned it today.

>making yourself complicit in the viewing and production of it
Oh please don't try and scare us with this pseudolegal nonsense. By this logic, reporting it would be essentially sending you evidence you could pass onto the police that we have, in fact, viewed it and reproduced it on our screen, so it would actually be against our own interests to do so.

(A good day to you Sir!)
>> ID: 4b8381 No. 13581 Anonymous
16th January 2016
Saturday 7:13 pm

ID: 4b8381
13581 spacer
>>13580

>reporting it would be essentially sending you evidence you could pass onto the police that we have, in fact, viewed it and reproduced it on our screen, so it would actually be against our own interests to do so

This is truth. The only sensible thing to do if you see CP is browse away and tell nobody.
>> ID: c24914 No. 13582 Anonymous
16th January 2016
Saturday 7:15 pm

ID: c24914
13582 spacer
>>13581
The site would record that you viewed it and didn't report it, making you complicit in its distribution.
>> ID: ae75c9 No. 13583 Anonymous
17th January 2016
Sunday 12:34 am

ID: ae75c9
13583 spacer
>>13582

Just because a hyperlink for an image was visited doesn't mean that the content was actually displayed on the screen.
>> ID: 165961 No. 13584 Anonymous
17th January 2016
Sunday 3:22 am

ID: 165961
13584 spacer
>>13582
>>13583
The whole "displayed on the screen" thing only comes into play if you have your cache disabled.
>> ID: 998895 No. 13585 Anonymous
17th January 2016
Sunday 12:54 pm

ID: 998895
13585 spacer
>>13582

I don't see how that could possibly be the mens rea and actus reus, that would mean that if someone set up an enormous poster in a public place of kiddy fiddling everyone who viewed it would be guilty of viewing child porn. That is of course assuming people are even aware they are seeing child porn. which I assume in most of the instances that would occur on britfags and not cleaned up immediately would be where people reasonably assumed they were over 18.
>> ID: 5a1ca7 No. 13586 Anonymous
17th January 2016
Sunday 1:30 pm

ID: 5a1ca7
13586 spacer
>>13585
The press don't care about things like mens rea. As far as they're concerned the police have nicked a wrong'un, and he's trying to weasel his way out of it.
>> ID: f009cc No. 13587 Anonymous
18th January 2016
Monday 2:35 pm

ID: f009cc
13587 spacer
>>13585
The example you give is different, because it's only the person who made and distributed the poster that is guilty of an offence. As >>13583 and >>13584 have said, in this case when we're discussing "viewing" images, we are (I think) referring to the offence "making" an indecent image, which precedent has held includes "causing an image to appear on a screen". So by loading the page in your browser, you have caused the image to appear on your monitor and thus have "made an indecent image". Plus of course the file in your cache counts as possession.

The people looking at the poster, by contrast, have neither made nor possess the image in any legal sense of those words.
>> ID: 4732ca No. 13588 Anonymous
18th January 2016
Monday 3:22 pm

ID: 4732ca
13588 spacer
>>13587
>So by loading the page in your browser, you have caused the image to appear on your monitor and thus have "made an indecent image".
This is such a load of bollocks. Not you claiming it, but that this is the way things are.
>> ID: 8e591d No. 13589 Anonymous
18th January 2016
Monday 3:44 pm

ID: 8e591d
13589 spacer
>>13588
This interpretation was dreamt up as a specific anti-loophole for a case of someone who had deliberately visited a site and deliberately viewed the images, but deliberately disabled caching in the browser. It came around the same time that people were openly calling individuals working at ISPs "child pornographers in chief". I think it may have been the same case that prompted the swift creation of an exemption for law enforcement.
>> ID: 10386f No. 13590 Anonymous
18th January 2016
Monday 4:11 pm

ID: 10386f
13590 spacer
>>13589

No doubt the Masons had something to do with that. Tracing the board? More like tracing the outline of the dead, nonced child while on the phone to the Grand Master confirming if he was, indeed, accounted for all Saturday night.

Oh, wait. This is a ban appeal thread in /shed/. What a silly sausage I am.
>> ID: 66d57b No. 13591 Anonymous
18th January 2016
Monday 4:52 pm

ID: 66d57b
13591 spacer
Whatever. Just report shit for deletion for the sake of not being a cunt.
>> ID: 914a2f No. 13597 Anonymous
2nd February 2016
Tuesday 10:00 pm

ID: 914a2f
13597 spacer
>>13515
>>13515
Mercy, lads. One whole week is a long time. The guy I work for makes in a day what I make in a whole week. This is triggering me.
>> ID: 914a2f No. 13598 Anonymous
2nd February 2016
Tuesday 10:01 pm

ID: 914a2f
13598 spacer
>>13597
>>/emo/22539
>> ID: 0ff111 No. 13599 Anonymous
4th February 2016
Thursday 1:50 am

ID: 0ff111
13599 spacer
>>/x/40106

A whole week! for posting "foreign' memes"‽ A week for what is surely a slap on the wrist offense? I demand justice! JUSTICE!
>> ID: ae268c No. 13600 Anonymous
4th February 2016
Thursday 1:58 am

ID: ae268c
13600 spacer
>>13599
Keep it in your trousers next time.
>> ID: 9a4ad1 No. 13601 Anonymous
4th February 2016
Thursday 2:23 am

ID: 9a4ad1
13601 spacer
>>13600

Sir! the fact that the right honorable shape-shifting reptilian, who I assumed banned me. Had made clear it was a 'definite would' in their mind, implies it is not the issue that I had taken it out of my trousers. If anything it appears the issue was that I hadn't!
>> ID: ae268c No. 13602 Anonymous
4th February 2016
Thursday 2:26 am

ID: ae268c
13602 spacer
>>13601
You've already been unbanned you prat. The original ban length was 1 second.
>> ID: b180bd No. 13603 Anonymous
4th February 2016
Thursday 4:58 am

ID: b180bd
13603 spacer
>>13599
>>13602

Well meme'd shape-shifting reptilianm8s. I wish we had more epic mem- sorry I meant 'inside jokes' and genuinely hilarious jokes on this imageboard that totally isn't a chan.

(A good day to you Sir!)
>> ID: b78689 No. 13604 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 11:01 am

ID: b78689
13604 spacer
You have been banned from posting on all boards for the following reason:

Will you ever learn? >>/v/20368

It depends, is it a grammar issue? It usually is, but I'm blind to them so I can't tell.
>> ID: e09ba8 No. 13605 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 7:04 pm

ID: e09ba8
13605 spacer
>>13604
>I'm blind to them

So what precisely then would be the point of explaining it to you?
>> ID: c7c3be No. 13606 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 8:10 pm

ID: c7c3be
13606 spacer
Does that sausage look a bit phallic to anyone else? When I scroll past it's easy to mistake the right end for glans.
>> ID: ed3bf0 No. 13607 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 8:31 pm

ID: ed3bf0
13607 spacer

Screenshot_2016-02-14-20-26-44-1-1.jpg
136071360713607
>>13515
This is a bit excessive. I feel like I'm being targeted and bullied.
>> ID: ae268c No. 13608 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 8:36 pm

ID: ae268c
13608 spacer

Lengths.png
136081360813608
>>13604
>is it a grammar issue?
I would assume so, but the ban had expired by the time I saw your comment earlier today so I'm not sure why you mind - unless it was removed.

>>13606
Don't most sausages look phallic?

>>13607
Judging by image related, you got off lightly.
>> ID: 439c00 No. 13609 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 9:00 pm

ID: 439c00
13609 spacer
>>13607

>bullied

Fuck, someone phone ACAS.
>> ID: 78c44b No. 13610 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 9:18 pm

ID: 78c44b
13610 spacer
You'll have to clue me in, shape-shifting reptilians. What's 'tedious and /pol/ about discussing the protests about the 'male and pale' BAFTAs, especially in light of similar protests/controversy about the Oscars and Grammys?

Now if I'd posted something inflammatory or you thought we're mindless racists then I could sort of see where you'd be coming from, but I hope neither of those were the case. Then again, I have heard that at least one shape-shifting reptilian is overzealous in respect of shutting down debate they don't like.
>> ID: ae268c No. 13611 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 9:18 pm

ID: ae268c
13611 spacer
>>13610
>Why is it only black people who seem to take umbrage at this and is this just going to keep going?
>> ID: 010990 No. 13612 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 9:26 pm

ID: 010990
13612 spacer
>>13611
In my opinion that's not inflammatory and that certainly wasn't my intent if that's how you feel. It's a genuine curiosity as to why it only seems to be black people who complain over this. I'm quite naïve when it comes to race.

Besides, I think you should trust the rest of the user base to call me out if I'm being out of line rather than stifling the discussion altogether. Please don't permaban EE again.
>> ID: 439c00 No. 13613 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 9:27 pm

ID: 439c00
13613 spacer
>>13610

>I have heard

What is it about this particular phrase that pretty much guarantees that the proceeding sentence will be conjecture and that the poster wont cite their sources?
>> ID: ae268c No. 13614 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 9:29 pm

ID: ae268c
13614 spacer
>>13612
Your opinion is not relevant.
>> ID: 439c00 No. 13616 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 9:44 pm

ID: 439c00
13616 spacer
>>13612


Just my tuppence's' worth, but It sounds like you want Carte Blanche to bait the user base and start flame wars, not create discussion like you claim. Are you that mentalistlad we keep hearing about?

The shape-shifting reptilians exist specifically to stop shit like that from happening, or at least ideally they do, so in deleting a thread which leads with "Why are blacks so thin skinned?" what are they doing that is draconian or oppressive? That certainly doesn't imply constructive discussion to me.

Have a fucking whinge there, cuz.
>> ID: b78689 No. 13617 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 10:34 pm

ID: b78689
13617 spacer
>>13605

that I may see
>> ID: d000d1 No. 13619 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 10:44 pm

ID: d000d1
13619 spacer
>>13613
It'll be elsewhere on /shed/. I think there's been at least two or three occasions, but the most notorious one was when the entire EE network was permabanned because someone posted an innocuous link about an Asian child grooming gang in the Rotherham thread, which certainly wasn't offensive in any way and simply stated the facts. IIRC the shape-shifting reptilian's justification was that someone else was being racist, which was true because they ended up having a massive teary over it, so all debate must be silenced because of patterns of posts.

>>13616
I see your point. I'm not the mentalist but I was probably a bit rash and didn't think through how I'd worded the thread. Honesty, I wasn't trying to start a cunt-off over race.
>> ID: 05e1f0 No. 13620 Anonymous
14th February 2016
Sunday 11:50 pm

ID: 05e1f0
13620 spacer
>>13616
>Why are blacks so thin skinned?
Is that seriously what it said? Fucking hell, keep it up shape-shifting reptilians.
>> ID: a360fc No. 13621 Anonymous ## Mod ##
14th February 2016
Sunday 11:57 pm

ID: a360fc
13621 spacer
Please stop banning that huge subnet, at least until admin whitelists my IP. Cheers.
>> ID: e701d0 No. 13622 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 12:18 am

ID: e701d0
13622 spacer
>>13621
During the most raucous period of the Cultural Revolution, the Red Guards had turned on their own leadership and denounced them. I suspect something similar has happened in this communist dictatorship. Ha.
>> ID: 439c00 No. 13623 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 12:20 am

ID: 439c00
13623 spacer
>>13621

Does maroon have the only key to the shed or something? What a strange situation.
>> ID: 05e1f0 No. 13624 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 12:36 am

ID: 05e1f0
13624 spacer
>>13623
Now I'm picturing purple yelling and banging on the door a la Fred Flintstone.
>> ID: a360fc No. 13625 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 12:51 am

ID: a360fc
13625 spacer
>>13623

OOPS. My colour tag was a bit off, apparently. That's supposed to be indigo.

Please don't behead me for impersonating the king.
>> ID: 64a8c4 No. 13627 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 1:17 am

ID: 64a8c4
13627 spacer
>>13626
That should be a semicolon, not a full colon.
>> ID: 439c00 No. 13629 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 1:37 am

ID: 439c00
13629 spacer
>>13627

Audible mirth. What makes it unsuitable in that context?
>> ID: e09ba8 No. 13630 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 2:03 am

ID: e09ba8
13630 spacer
>>13627
Yeah good luck with that one mate, he can't even work out the past participle of "to go".
>> ID: 05e1f0 No. 13631 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 2:04 am

ID: 05e1f0
13631 spacer
>>13625
>>13626
Who the fuck is indigo? And I thought shape-shifting reptilians were only allowed to post in red? What is going on? Is the site still called britfa.gs?

Also
>I've went
Ban yourself forever.
>> ID: 439c00 No. 13632 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 2:12 am

ID: 439c00
13632 spacer
>>13631

I thought there was a bloody coup happening before my very eyes. You'll have to forgive me for slipping into regional colloquialism in the heat of the moment.
>> ID: 439c00 No. 13633 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 2:14 am

ID: 439c00
13633 spacer
>>13631

P.S.

>Who the fuck is indigo?

http://britfa.gs/help/
>> ID: 64a8c4 No. 13634 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 2:14 am

ID: 64a8c4
13634 spacer
>>13629
Full colons are for plural, semicolons are for singular.
>> ID: 05e1f0 No. 13636 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 2:19 am

ID: 05e1f0
13636 spacer
>>13633
Yeah, there's no indigo there genius.
>> ID: e09ba8 No. 13638 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 2:22 am

ID: e09ba8
13638 spacer

everythingispermitted.png
136381363813638
>>13636
>> ID: 89806e No. 13639 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 2:24 am

ID: 89806e
13639 spacer
Look at all this petty infighting. And this is the group of teenagers who decide what gets put up on here and what doesn't. Ban the lot of them I say.
>> ID: a360fc No. 13640 Anonymous
15th February 2016
Monday 2:38 am

ID: a360fc
13640 spacer
>>13636

Well that's hurt my feelings.

>>13639

There's no infighting. If there was I'd have already challenged him to a duel.
>> ID: 290d49 No. 13642 Anonymous
18th February 2016
Thursday 12:39 am

ID: 290d49
13642 spacer

banned.png
136421364213642
Well this is annoying as I definitely wasn't posting from a proxy, as a simple whois lookup of the IP in question would have revealed. At least two posts of mine were deleted too; although if this is some kind of hatchet job I would have preferred that to be made clear in the ban message rather than the ineffectively nebulous 'Proxy'.

Sigh.
>> ID: 439c00 No. 13643 Anonymous
18th February 2016
Thursday 12:44 am

ID: 439c00
13643 spacer
>>13642

How is Brazil this time of year?
>> ID: 290d49 No. 13644 Anonymous
18th February 2016
Thursday 12:46 am

ID: 290d49
13644 spacer
>>13643

I would say something about "30 degree heat" but I'd hate to be tarred with the same brush as HongKongLad.
>> ID: 60c736 No. 13645 Anonymous
18th February 2016
Thursday 12:48 am

ID: 60c736
13645 spacer
>>13642
I don't understand why you think a WHOIS result can indicate the absence of a proxy server.
>> ID: 439c00 No. 13646 Anonymous
18th February 2016
Thursday 12:51 am

ID: 439c00
13646 spacer
>>13644

Saying anything at all, rather than deflecting, would be a great start.
>> ID: 290d49 No. 13648 Anonymous
18th February 2016
Thursday 12:56 am

ID: 290d49
13648 spacer
>>13645
I guess because most proxies are hosted on servers not on home internet ISP ranges. That said, a simpler way to prove the absence of a proxy server would be a simple port scan. I wonder if this was an automated ban because I have to reset my ADSL router three or four times a day.

>>13646

That wasn't a deflection, it was a joke about it being hot but not wanting to moan/brag (delete as appropriate) about it. Brazil's a pretty big country but up here in the north-east it's bloody hot, and will continue to be until about April when it'll be slightly less hot but a hell of a lot rainier.
>> ID: 439c00 No. 13649 Anonymous
18th February 2016
Thursday 1:06 am

ID: 439c00
13649 spacer
>>13648

You are greatly over estimating what a whois lookup is capable of revealing to a non-native about a foreign IP range.

I've seen you posting from Brazil for a while now and you've not really done anything ban worthy, however I can't whitelist your IP as that is an admin level function and your ban will need to remain in place as The Wall is effectively up for the foreseeable future.

Anyone else looking to post from a foreign IP will have to get whitelisted by an admin as we've had more child porn posted. Sorry folks, blame the arseholes who post this shit.
>> ID: ae268c No. 13650 Anonymous
18th February 2016
Thursday 1:08 am

ID: ae268c
13650 spacer
>>13648
Over a dozen IPs from actual proxies were banned in the last 24 hours. You were included in that because you were posting from a remote location during the spate. That's all.
>> ID: 290d49 No. 13651 Anonymous
18th February 2016
Thursday 1:13 am

ID: 290d49
13651 spacer
>>13649
>>13650

Totally understandable, no one wants CP on here. Just checked banned.php and I seem to be unbanned again so cheers lads.
>> ID: ae268c No. 13652 Anonymous
18th February 2016
Thursday 1:15 am

ID: ae268c
13652 spacer
>>13651
No problem. Sorry about the mix-up.
>> ID: 96d4c8 No. 13653 Anonymous
18th February 2016
Thursday 10:44 am

ID: 96d4c8
13653 spacer
Not him but wondering what >>/e/21412 was banned for? I see nothing spelling and grammar-wise and the post itself is of course a Day Today reference.
>> ID: 439c00 No. 13654 Anonymous
18th February 2016
Thursday 7:31 pm

ID: 439c00
13654 spacer
>>13653

The site was hacked by a drunken Gerry Adams.
>> ID: a98fb9 No. 13671 Anonymous
23rd February 2016
Tuesday 8:42 pm

ID: a98fb9
13671 spacer
In the Europe thread somebody has been banned for the Americanisation in the spelling of defence I presume, but you've done nothing to:

A) The lad accusing everybody of dolphin rape (although I can understand you leaving this if perhaps just to let him be entitled to his opinion).
B) The lads completely shitting it up by talking like edgy 'lEL So Randumb XD' 15 year olds about babies and how well they like them done.

I'm just wondering why the discrepancy?
>> ID: 4372b0 No. 13672 Anonymous
23rd February 2016
Tuesday 9:18 pm

ID: 4372b0
13672 spacer
>>13671

No one reported any of the other posts. Even if they did there is no guarantee we'd have done anything.

It's not our job to police people's opinions, despite a few mentalists claiming otherwise which is no secret, so from that point forward it's not a massive leap of logic to assume either we didn't see it or we consider bad spelling and grammar tantamount to posting Child Pornography.

Perhaps, we don't even care. Delete as applicable to fit your own personal bias. Why do you care?
>> ID: 58057f No. 13673 Anonymous
23rd February 2016
Tuesday 9:25 pm

ID: 58057f
13673 spacer
>>13672

>Why do you care?

Not them, but people resent what they consider unfair treatment, particularly by those with power.
>> ID: a98fb9 No. 13674 Anonymous
23rd February 2016
Tuesday 9:36 pm

ID: a98fb9
13674 spacer

154f4e3b63131fd1ae366aa1b5825c8f.jpg
136741367413674
>>13672

>Why do you care?

It'd be nice if the website owners (for which I am genuinely grateful for providing this website) would perhaps not waste their time being supercilious about spelling and perhaps stop people turning threads into the equivalent of 'the other place', as people post random videos of babies and talk shit about how they like the colour of different races of baby.

Just seems to take away from the content and seems ridiculous, as ridiculous as this place can be, that you'd ban somebody over a letter difference but not ban people posting absolute drivel about cooking babies in a thread about the EU referendum.

It makes it hard to read actual content and discourages proper posting.

Perhaps you don't care, but I just don't understand why you'd care about spelling but not grossly childish behaviour, of which I'm inclined to believe is far worse than any Americanisation in spelling that comes as part of an effort to contribute.

Just my two pence. Maybe I shouldn't care, particularly if the shape-shifting reptilians are just the 'we do what we want with the power aren't we quirky' type.
>> ID: 7346b1 No. 13676 Anonymous
23rd February 2016
Tuesday 9:45 pm

ID: 7346b1
13676 spacer
>>13674
What is your problem with babies?
>> ID: 4372b0 No. 13677 Anonymous
23rd February 2016
Tuesday 9:46 pm

ID: 4372b0
13677 spacer
>>13674

>Delete as applicable to fit your own personal bias.

Facetiousness a virgin concept, lad?
>> ID: a98fb9 No. 13678 Anonymous
23rd February 2016
Tuesday 9:49 pm

ID: a98fb9
13678 spacer
>>13676

It's not a problem with babies, it's just utter shit when people are acting like teenagers saying how they like their babies more cooked, in a thread where we're trying to talk about the EU referendum. I just don't get it.

This place prides itself on having a culture unlike 4chan some days but then defends those very same characteristics the others.

(A good day to you Sir!)
>> ID: 4372b0 No. 13679 Anonymous
23rd February 2016
Tuesday 9:59 pm

ID: 4372b0
13679 spacer
>>13678

Presumably, those lads who started talking about bug chasing in a completely unrelated thread, starting one of our most endemic and beloved site jokes, should have been banned for being crass or arse-pisser banned for derailing an /emo/ thread about "How to dump my girlfriend?"

Take a step back from the computer and get some perspective, lad. You're being a tad histrionic.
>> ID: fd6725 No. 13680 Anonymous
23rd February 2016
Tuesday 10:06 pm

ID: fd6725
13680 spacer
>>13671
Bad spelling/grammar's always been a bannable offense. I was the one that got banned and I wouldn't even have noticed it if I wasn't, I was knackered. Fair play. As for the others, just ignore the idiots and don't get baited. They can be stupid if they want.
>> ID: 58057f No. 13681 Anonymous
23rd February 2016
Tuesday 10:06 pm

ID: 58057f
13681 spacer
>>13678
>(A good day to you Sir!)

AH! NOW WE SEE THE VIOLENCE INHERENT IN THE SYSTEM!
>> ID: 4372b0 No. 13682 Anonymous
23rd February 2016
Tuesday 10:14 pm

ID: 4372b0
13682 spacer
>>13681


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l-mRWtBGsA

DANCE OFF, BRO!
>> ID: 165961 No. 13683 Anonymous
23rd February 2016
Tuesday 10:34 pm

ID: 165961
13683 spacer
>>13681
Bloody peasant.
>> ID: 5e929f No. 13685 Anonymous
26th February 2016
Friday 8:21 pm

ID: 5e929f
13685 spacer
>>13684

Words cannot express the mirth currently being exuded from my person.
>> ID: 7346b1 No. 13686 Anonymous
26th February 2016
Friday 9:32 pm

ID: 7346b1
13686 spacer
>>13685
He was probably drunk. Or a massive racist.
>> ID: 152303 No. 13852 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 1:02 am

ID: 152303
13852 spacer
Permbanned today from iq for daddies cummies thread.

Not really sure why , seemed like the level of copypasta crap /iq/ was designed for. Is the subject matter consider too sensitive or something?
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13854 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 10:46 am

ID: 171a1b
13854 spacer
>>13852

/iq/ you made the assumption of thinking is a) a shitposting board; it isn't, and b) thinking 4chan copy pasta was acceptable on this site. I'll unban you if you promise to think up your own shit jokes or life imitating /iq/ in the future.

If you act like an obnoxious 4chan immigrant, we'll treat you like one.
>> ID: 97277f No. 13855 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 1:18 pm

ID: 97277f
13855 spacer
>>13854

I'd argue your interpretation of the nature of the acceptable content of Iq is painfully inaccurate mod lad, are you new here? Have 5 BROs ever even sent you a BROFIST? Bet use never been the stuff of britchan legend.

I wanna appeal to the purple head judge. And them to declare daddies getting cummies isn't finest high quality iq content. Then I'll accept it isn't. Because at the moment I feel like you are a child trying to tell a veteran of a war what life was like during it.
>> ID: 0cc80c No. 13856 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 1:44 pm

ID: 0cc80c
13856 spacer
>>13855
You irritate me.
>> ID: 97277f No. 13857 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 2:34 pm

ID: 97277f
13857 spacer
>>13856

I'm not surprised, I'm not in the best of moods for getting permanent banned from all boards for what I perceive to be no good reason.
>> ID: 39293e No. 13858 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 2:49 pm

ID: 39293e
13858 spacer
>>13857
Keep it up, lad. You're definitely helping your case, I'm sure of it.
>> ID: 97277f No. 13859 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 3:21 pm

ID: 97277f
13859 spacer
>>13858

Is there a reason why you are trying to have a cunt off with me lad?
>> ID: eaabd4 No. 13860 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 5:10 pm

ID: eaabd4
13860 spacer
>>13859
I'm not any of the people involved so far, but continuing to argue about the legitimacy of the ban with such a patronising tone after being offered an unban doesn't seem like the smartest of moves.
>> ID: 97277f No. 13861 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 6:35 pm

ID: 97277f
13861 spacer
>>13860

My reasoning is twofold, firstly a permban from the whole site for a post that wasn't to the mods taste in iq of all places is absurdly heavy handed.

Secondly a patronizing lecture on what should be in iq that isn't even accurate.

I feel stupid for even having to defend the post, but when I've been permbanned my options are protest, grovel or fuck off forever. I feel it was exactly in keeping with the tone and intentions of iq so I'm not going to grovel. At some point I will stop protesting and just fuck off forever. But not before letting it be known that I think this is absurd.
>> ID: 8cc952 No. 13862 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 6:39 pm

ID: 8cc952
13862 spacer
>>13861
I'll review the ban when I'm back at my terminal.
>> ID: 97277f No. 13863 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 6:50 pm

ID: 97277f
13863 spacer
>>13860

Or put it another way lad pick any of your posts that seemed perfectly reasonable imagine getting permbanned for it and how you react.
>> ID: 39293e No. 13864 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 7:32 pm

ID: 39293e
13864 spacer
>>13863
But your post evidently wasn't "perfectly reasonable", was it?
>> ID: 4ac578 No. 13865 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 8:21 pm

ID: 4ac578
13865 spacer
To be fair I thought /iq/ was a shitposting board. It's been described in the past as "a barrel of toxic waste bubbling quietly in the corner". I'm not going to pretend seeing some bollocks about cummies appear in star didn't irritate me but I thought the point of /iq/ was you could post pretty much anything without fear of a ban. I'm surprised to now learn /iq/ has standards of some description.
>> ID: 97277f No. 13866 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 8:34 pm

ID: 97277f
13866 spacer
>>13864
That's some broken always reinforce the status quo logic you've got there.

In the eyes of unreasonable men. No. In the eyes of the average iq user on the other hand...

There is a post that plays "oh yes daddy" automatically a few pages down. I don't see how that or any other thread I could cherry pick from the back pages of iq, is acceptable and mine was a permban offence.
>> ID: ba99f9 No. 13867 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 8:36 pm

ID: ba99f9
13867 spacer

HQuMeKv.jpg
138671386713867
>>13865
>> ID: 3641b9 No. 13868 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 9:38 pm

ID: 3641b9
13868 spacer
>>13865
Same. I found it quite disturbing the first time it was posted, but then it's /iq/ so fair game. It wasn't banned then so I'm not quite sure why it would be banned this time.
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13869 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 9:59 pm

ID: 171a1b
13869 spacer
>>13866

It was reported, and so acted. You're not the only user of this site. We've had problems with paedos before, I don't make the rules and /iq/ isn't exempt from that particular one. If you'd been paying attention to your IP you'd have noticed I'd reduced it to a week pending your reaction to my chastisement.

You've done nothing to endear me towards trusting you so why should I?
>> ID: 97277f No. 13871 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 10:57 pm

ID: 97277f
13871 spacer
>>13869

Feelings mutual. That's why I am appealing to higher powers. Also you might wanna keep your story straight as to why you banned me. Since apparently it was originally 4chanphobia now it's paedogeddon.
>> ID: 9d8234 No. 13872 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 11:01 pm

ID: 9d8234
13872 spacer
>>13869
>We've had problems with paedos before, I don't make the rules and /iq/ isn't exempt from that particular one.
His post was clearly about BDSM rather than noncery.

>I'd reduced it to a week pending your reaction to my chastisement.
Get a grip, Stanfordprisonmodlad.
>> ID: 152c54 No. 13873 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 11:15 pm

ID: 152c54
13873 spacer
>>13871
Please don't pretend you're entitled to any sort of due process here. You won't grovel, and protest doesn't seem to be working out for you, given it's only making you sound even more of a bellend. What was that third option again?

Are you sure you don't want to reconsider grovelling?
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13874 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 11:17 pm

ID: 171a1b
13874 spacer
>>13871

It was both. Neither are acceptable.
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13875 Anonymous ## Mod ##
7th July 2016
Thursday 11:20 pm

ID: 171a1b
13875 spacer
>>13871

Listen to the grown ups. For the record, if I was to describe it and I hope this is the final word on the subject, /iq/ is self-referentially absurd, not a shitposting board.

If you don't have the savvy to understand and decipher the meaning and nuance of that, and therefore the content permitted, I'm happy for you to fuck off.

Conversation over. .gs is not a democracy.
>> ID: 97277f No. 13877 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 11:28 pm

ID: 97277f
13877 spacer
>>13874

Oh okay so you were going to allow me to be a nonce on here as I didn't post anything that felt too much like a 4chan meme and cowed to your righteous rule. Is that what you are saying?

Bullshit. You are playing revisionst. If you honestly believe that, you would have stated it as a reason and not considered the appeal at all.
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13878 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 11:33 pm

ID: 171a1b
13878 spacer
>>13877

I assumed you were new, bans are a teaching method.

If you were an itinerant shitposter you wouldn't have appealed; job done. You did so I humoured you. I did so on the basis you could learn what is and isn't acceptable, but you don't appear to be a learning animal.
>> ID: 724983 No. 13879 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 11:40 pm

ID: 724983
13879 spacer
>>13877

Genuinely the first time on .gs I've seen someone talk their way out of an unban.

Very audible mirth.
>> ID: 97277f No. 13880 Anonymous
7th July 2016
Thursday 11:59 pm

ID: 97277f
13880 spacer
>>13878

Is the lesson that the modding is inconsistent, one month a post is fine, next a near identical thread is permban. And don't question the contradictions, because that the lesson here.
>> ID: 5b36c0 No. 13881 Anonymous
8th July 2016
Friday 12:06 am

ID: 5b36c0
13881 spacer
>>13880

Yes. The mods are capricious gods, in whose shadow we tremble.
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13882 Anonymous
8th July 2016
Friday 12:15 am

ID: 171a1b
13882 spacer

Autoban 9000.jpg
138821388213882
>>13880

Look, the Autoban9000 is broken alright. He got pissed and went mental. Now you know.
>> ID: 724983 No. 13883 Anonymous
8th July 2016
Friday 12:24 am

ID: 724983
13883 spacer
>>13882

You Sneaky Sneaky bastard!
>> ID: bed676 No. 13884 Anonymous
8th July 2016
Friday 12:39 am

ID: bed676
13884 spacer
I want a fucking sausage.
>> ID: 4ac578 No. 13885 Anonymous
8th July 2016
Friday 1:45 am

ID: 4ac578
13885 spacer
>>13875
>/iq/ is self-referentially absurd
I for one haven't got the foggiest what that is supposed to mean, but then I don't post on /iq/ anyway.
>> ID: df37b3 No. 13886 Anonymous
8th July 2016
Friday 3:31 am

ID: df37b3
13886 spacer
>>13885

I think it means irc and mod clique in jokes only. For 6 years I assumed it meant posts in the nature of britchan. But evidently I don't know. I think that faggles shitskin searchfag took over at some point and banned anything fun.

Britfa.gs moar liek shitfa.gs
>> ID: af1782 No. 13887 Anonymous
8th July 2016
Friday 3:59 am

ID: af1782
13887 spacer
>>13886

You have to ask yourself, "why do I give a shit about being banned from an anonymous image board only three people use?"
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13888 Anonymous
8th July 2016
Friday 10:29 am

ID: 171a1b
13888 spacer
>>13886

>I think it means irc and mod clique in jokes only.

You're such a Queen. Draaaaaaaamaaaaaa!
>> ID: 51d0f2 No. 13889 Anonymous
8th July 2016
Friday 11:05 am

ID: 51d0f2
13889 spacer
Can somebody explain what people are arguing about here ? I don't follow at all.
>> ID: 165961 No. 13890 Anonymous
8th July 2016
Friday 11:56 am

ID: 165961
13890 spacer
>>13889
Someone got banned for posting a thread that wasn't even up to /iq/ standards and proceeded to throw a massive teary over it.
>> ID: 3d2020 No. 13891 Anonymous
8th July 2016
Friday 12:02 pm

ID: 3d2020
13891 spacer
>>13889

Someone can't take their little ban on the chin and shed a few tears and then came back all entitled and shit and well lets face it cummies is a shitpost too far in my opinion.
>> ID: 817c01 No. 13892 Anonymous
11th July 2016
Monday 9:59 pm

ID: 817c01
13892 spacer
Oh you chaps are just lovely.
>> ID: 818452 No. 13893 Anonymous
11th July 2016
Monday 11:11 pm

ID: 818452
13893 spacer
>>13892
Halved for having been the lesser of the two.
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13896 Anonymous ## Mod ##
12th July 2016
Tuesday 12:16 am

ID: 171a1b
13896 spacer
Ok, Huddersfieldlad.

How do you want to do this? Permaban or cut the 5-year-old shitposting? I don't mind you pretending to be Russian, but at least go method. Russians always apologise for bad grammar and post fighter jets with their tunes, not frog memes.
>> ID: 16e808 No. 13897 Anonymous
12th July 2016
Tuesday 1:44 am

ID: 16e808
13897 spacer
What the fuck is 'cummies'?
>> ID: 4ac578 No. 13898 Anonymous
12th July 2016
Tuesday 1:50 am

ID: 4ac578
13898 spacer
>>13897
Infantilised way of referring to semen, for people engaging in that form of sexual roleplay.

Yeah, I know.
>> ID: b0b563 No. 13899 Anonymous
26th July 2016
Tuesday 7:59 pm

ID: b0b563
13899 spacer
I've just had to reset my router because I was banned for 'they're/their' but the sentence I seem to have been banned for was:

> 'Okay it's just that we have 30 other graduates of a similar level to you willing to do this for the national holidays to show us their willing. Are you in?'

But 'their willing' is grammatically correct in every sense. I can see how they're would fit, but their also fits, because it shows possession and association of something. It is their willing (to do something).

No different from saying their car, their house, their desire, their willing.

Get it together, mod-lads.
>> ID: b0b563 No. 13900 Anonymous
26th July 2016
Tuesday 8:08 pm

ID: b0b563
13900 spacer
>>13899

Also, why can't you post a ban appeal when you're banned in the ban appeal thread, or is that the joke?
>> ID: 818452 No. 13901 Anonymous
26th July 2016
Tuesday 8:48 pm

ID: 818452
13901 spacer
>>13899
It was a ban report, I didn't pay close attention.
>> ID: b4cf58 No. 13902 Anonymous
26th July 2016
Tuesday 11:43 pm

ID: b4cf58
13902 spacer
>>13901

I put a lot of effort into trying to be halfway witty when I snitch the less literate than myself, you scoundrel.
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13903 Anonymous
27th July 2016
Wednesday 4:04 pm

ID: 171a1b
13903 spacer
Most bans come from ban reports. Fight amongst yourselves if you must, but we've got a bohemian grove party to attend and it's Lizard People only.
>> ID: 688830 No. 13904 Anonymous
27th July 2016
Wednesday 6:35 pm

ID: 688830
13904 spacer
>>13899
I'm the person who reported you and I'm afraid you are not correct, the noun you are looking for is willingness. Thanks for playing!

For what it's worth, I personally think bans for grammar and spelling are overzealous, but fuck it, if I'm going to get banned for such a stupid thing then I might as well report everyone else out of spite.
>> ID: 48387e No. 13905 Anonymous
27th July 2016
Wednesday 8:16 pm

ID: 48387e
13905 spacer
>>13904
There's only one thing for it. Send >>13899 back to his router!
>> ID: 165961 No. 13906 Anonymous
27th July 2016
Wednesday 8:56 pm

ID: 165961
13906 spacer

wellend.png
139061390613906
>>13904
"willing" as a noun has been known for almost two centuries, if not more.
>> ID: fff1a8 No. 13907 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 9:33 am

ID: fff1a8
13907 spacer
>>13904

Please ban this cunt for:

A) reporting me and getting me banned when my post was grammatically correct.
b) Still insisting that it wasn't correct, when willing has been used for a long, long time, as evidenced by >>13906 .

What an annoying little cunt you are though. Have you really never heard of people showing willing? If there's one thing worse than a wrong cunt, it's a cunt whose wrong but supercilious due to the fact that they still think they're right.

(A good day to you Sir!)
>> ID: 688830 No. 13909 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 11:20 am

ID: 688830
13909 spacer
>>13907
>Have you really never heard of people showing willing?
Nope. Saying it must be correct because it's old can be used to justify all kinds of errors. We don't tolerate incorrect '-ize' spellings here, for instance.

And by the way:
>a cunt whose wrong
>> ID: 165961 No. 13910 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 11:27 am

ID: 165961
13910 spacer
>>13909
>Nope.
Not him, but I'm definitely going to take the word of some random bloke on the internet who hasn't heard of something over a printed dictionary. That definitely makes sense. Also, I've never heard of "whom" so that too must be wrong.
>> ID: 818452 No. 13911 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 12:16 pm

ID: 818452
13911 spacer
Pack it in, ladies.
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13912 Anonymous ## Mod ##
28th July 2016
Thursday 12:26 pm

ID: 171a1b
13912 spacer

Dear oh dear oh dear..png
139121391213912
>>13907

>If there's one thing worse than a wrong cunt, it's a cunt whose wrong but supercilious due to the fact that they still think they're right.

I agree.
>> ID: 688830 No. 13913 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 12:35 pm

ID: 688830
13913 spacer
>>13911
But we were encouraged to "fight amongst ourselves"!

>>13910
The word lol is in a printed dictionary. The word 'literally' with the meaning of 'figuratively' is in a printed dictionary. The use of both would be banned here. Printed dictionaries are clearly not infallible scripture.

And anyway, that was the question he asked me and I answered it. You shouldn't be having a go at me if you don't consider the question relevant.
>> ID: 688830 No. 13914 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 12:36 pm

ID: 688830
13914 spacer
While I'm in the ban thread, I was just banned for an hour for posting a 'blacklisted link', which was gmu dot edu. I was posting a link in the thread by the Kyrgyzstani lad to the Speech Accent Archive which is hosted on that domain because I thought it might help him. So why is this blacklisted?
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13916 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 12:44 pm

ID: 171a1b
13916 spacer
>>13914

Brian (You know, the site) has a blacklist of links which have either been spammed in the past or are known to be high risk.

I'll remove it, it was an automatic ban no trouble. I suggest you find an alternative way of communicating that info, though.
>> ID: beb05d No. 13917 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 12:45 pm

ID: beb05d
13917 spacer
>>13914
BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT ANY KYRGYZ BASTARDS COMING OVER HERE.
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13918 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 12:55 pm

ID: 171a1b
13918 spacer
>>13913

>But we were encouraged to "fight amongst ourselves"!

Square go, no circles. Queensbury rules. FIGHT!
>> ID: 165961 No. 13919 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 1:03 pm

ID: 165961
13919 spacer
>>13913
You seem to be going to a lot of effort to defend a false report for grammar.
>> ID: 8f2cb7 No. 13920 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 5:50 pm

ID: 8f2cb7
13920 spacer
>>13909
>Have you really never heard of people showing willing?
> Nope.

Not him, but if you've never heard of someone "showing willing" then you're either lying, foreign, or are a bit of a thicko.
>> ID: 508711 No. 13921 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 10:59 pm

ID: 508711
13921 spacer
>>13920
>, or

What is the official board position on the use of the Oxford comma?
>> ID: 165961 No. 13922 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 11:14 pm

ID: 165961
13922 spacer
>>13921
One would assume that if it's good enough for Oxford then it's good enough for here.
>> ID: 508711 No. 13923 Anonymous
28th July 2016
Thursday 11:46 pm

ID: 508711
13923 spacer
>>13922

But not good enough for Cambridge, the University of Oxford Public Affairs Directorate Writing and Style Guide, The Times or The Economist.

Besides Oxford's a complete dump.
>> ID: 1b1696 No. 13924 Anonymous
29th July 2016
Friday 12:08 am

ID: 1b1696
13924 spacer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW7bB8D_mAY
>> ID: 5b36c0 No. 13925 Anonymous
29th July 2016
Friday 12:08 am

ID: 5b36c0
13925 spacer
>>13923

We should solve this like gentlemen - with a mass brawl in a Wetherspoons car park.
>> ID: 165961 No. 13926 Anonymous
29th July 2016
Friday 12:13 am

ID: 165961
13926 spacer
>>13923
>But not good enough for Cambridge, the University of Oxford Public Affairs Directorate Writing and Style Guide, The Times or The Economist.
When they've published a near-complete record of the English language then maybe they can have an opinion.
>> ID: dc6c1f No. 13927 Anonymous
29th July 2016
Friday 2:06 pm

ID: dc6c1f
13927 spacer
I posted a perfectly grammatically correct post and somebody reported it because they thought 'show willing' should be 'show willingness' for some reason.

The mod didn't pick up on this and banned me for using the wrong pick from 'they're/their' even though that was correct. I raised that in this thread and he said he wasn't paying attention when in reality he just made a mistake but was too up his own arse to admit it.

Some lad then said that he reported me over the 'show willing' comment and the mod, backtracking, has started to pretend that was the reason and that regardless of a common phrase, that has also been a fixture of the English language for hundreds of years and is not in anyway archaic, that only his special interpretation of the English language is allowed and the dictionary is full of shit.


TL;DR - Mod banned somebody over grammar despite it being correct and is having a teary about it and pretending he's the grammar expert, not the people who literally write the dictionary and is probably not as smart as he likes to think he is.

Feel free to throw another teary and ban me again, I'm not gonna come back (in before the 'haha don't come back then lol!' comments).
>> ID: 818452 No. 13929 Anonymous
29th July 2016
Friday 2:32 pm

ID: 818452
13929 spacer

Capture.png
139291392913929
>>13927
What are you on about? I unbanned you when you pointed out the ban was mistaken. It looks like you were given a very short ban for other reasons in the meantime, but that has expired or been removed. The only current bans are for the nepalese, spambots and something else.
>> ID: 171a1b No. 13930 Anonymous
29th July 2016
Friday 3:10 pm

ID: 171a1b
13930 spacer
>>13929

Yeah, I banned him for being a shitehawk/using excessive verbiage and then having the bare-faced cheek to use whose instead of who's, which is simply not cricket.

It was not for very long. If you scroll up you'll see it, as I posted a screenshot of it for posterity and ritual humiliation.
>> ID: d80efc No. 13931 Anonymous
29th July 2016
Friday 5:39 pm

ID: d80efc
13931 spacer
>>13929

What is up with that >>/nom/12025 ban reason? it reads like conspiracy theory word salad.
>> ID: 64b30b No. 13932 Anonymous
29th July 2016
Friday 5:42 pm

ID: 64b30b
13932 spacer
>>13931
>word salad
Seems appropriate for /nom/.
>> ID: 818452 No. 13933 Anonymous
29th July 2016
Friday 6:08 pm

ID: 818452
13933 spacer

Capture.png
139331393313933
>>13931
The post in question.
>> ID: c234c3 No. 13934 Anonymous
29th July 2016
Friday 6:53 pm

ID: c234c3
13934 spacer
>>13933

I knew their was a reason for me going balded!
>> ID: 02bce9 No. 13935 Anonymous
29th July 2016
Friday 7:00 pm

ID: 02bce9
13935 spacer
>>13931
>it reads like conspiracy theory word salad.

If you want to take a gander at how shampoo is corrupting your brain have a read of >>/poof/3281.
>> ID: 4c0409 No. 13938 Anonymous
18th August 2016
Thursday 5:56 pm

ID: 4c0409
13938 spacer
Isn't a week-long ban for getting around a word filter a bit much?
>> ID: 818452 No. 13939 Anonymous
18th August 2016
Thursday 8:24 pm

ID: 818452
13939 spacer
>>13938
Maybe, but apparently you can get around it so it doesn't matter all that much. You should have known better.
>> ID: 165961 No. 13940 Anonymous
18th August 2016
Thursday 8:32 pm

ID: 165961
13940 spacer
>>13939
Not him, but IIRC "all boards" doesn't include /shed/ precisely so that offenders have somewhere to grovel.
>> ID: 818452 No. 13941 Anonymous
18th August 2016
Thursday 8:38 pm

ID: 818452
13941 spacer
>>13940
You recall incorrectly.
>> ID: 165961 No. 13942 Anonymous
18th August 2016
Thursday 9:17 pm

ID: 165961
13942 spacer
>>13941
That would rather raise the question of the point of a ban appeals thread in which the banned cannot post.
>> ID: 3568f1 No. 13943 Anonymous
18th August 2016
Thursday 9:35 pm

ID: 3568f1
13943 spacer
>>13942
Most people post from their phones, so you have the option of switching from mobile Internet to WiFi, or simply turning the WiFi off for a few minutes and turning it on again. No idea if you can do that with mobile internet, but I don't think the mods would want to blanket ban that for ban evasion because of the whole EE debacle.

Also, bans should start from the time the post is made rather than when the mods get around to actioning it.
>> ID: fe1614 No. 13944 Anonymous
18th August 2016
Thursday 9:36 pm

ID: fe1614
13944 spacer
>>13942

Now you're catching on.
>> ID: 818452 No. 13945 Anonymous
18th August 2016
Thursday 10:12 pm

ID: 818452
13945 spacer
>>13942
It was discussed as a planned feature but never implemented for the same reason as all the other good ideas never were.
It is possible to ban someone from all boards except /shed/ by ticking the box for each individual board instead of the "all boards" box but that's a pain in the arse and you have to remember not to tick the ones for the secret boards; purple told me off for failing to do that.

>>13943
>Also, bans should start from the time the post is made rather than when the mods get around to actioning it.
They do. If you're banned for a day for a post an hour after it was made, it means the ban was an hour and a day.
Seriously, what?
>> ID: f26d6b No. 13947 Anonymous
18th August 2016
Thursday 10:39 pm

ID: f26d6b
13947 spacer
>>13945
>a planned feature but never implemented for the same reason as all the other good ideas never were
A bit like this, ho ho? >>/b/404502
>> ID: 818452 No. 13948 Anonymous
18th August 2016
Thursday 11:00 pm

ID: 818452
13948 spacer
>>13947
... yes? I guess. What?
>> ID: eaabd4 No. 13949 Anonymous
19th August 2016
Friday 12:57 am

ID: eaabd4
13949 spacer
>>13943
.gs is on my phone network's 'blacklist' for whatever reason and I don't fancy being put on May's special list of wrong 'uns just to shitpost on here.
>> ID: b69d17 No. 13950 Anonymous
19th August 2016
Friday 2:43 am

ID: b69d17
13950 spacer
>>13949
When I had a PAYG phone with Orange it was hit or miss whether this site could be accessed, due to a sporadic block on content deemed unsuitable for under 18s, but I nerve had an issues once I went on a monthly contract with them.
>> ID: badd56 No. 13951 Anonymous
19th August 2016
Friday 4:36 pm

ID: badd56
13951 spacer
>>13950
Virgin media never flagged .gs as an adult site so I used to browse /x/ on my phone when out and about. Not because I wanted to look at porn, but because it felt like thumbing my nose at the filter.
>> ID: 2082fa No. 14167 Anonymous
30th April 2017
Sunday 5:52 pm

ID: 2082fa
14167 spacer
Afternoon, mods.

Any chance you can lift my ban on /emo/ for posting >>/emo/24841, please? I didn't think I'd get in trouble for referencing one of our previous posters.
>> ID: ec74d0 No. 14168 Anonymous
30th April 2017
Sunday 7:40 pm

ID: ec74d0
14168 spacer
>>14167
You were banned for shitposting in /emo/.
>> ID: 2082fa No. 14169 Anonymous
30th April 2017
Sunday 7:58 pm

ID: 2082fa
14169 spacer
>>14168
I'm all for keeping /emo/ free of cunt-offs and cuntery, but I'd have thought that, when the discussion drifts towards mobile phones and rape, that's the opportune time to reference the lad from here who went on trial for rubbing his iPhone against his infant daughters fanny and couldn't see what he'd done wrong.
>> ID: ec74d0 No. 14171 Anonymous
30th April 2017
Sunday 8:52 pm

ID: ec74d0
14171 spacer
>>14169
Perhaps you should have reported the posts drifting towards mobile phones and rape instead of joining in. Regardless, ban lifted.
>> ID: d80efc No. 14172 Anonymous
2nd May 2017
Tuesday 5:04 pm

ID: d80efc
14172 spacer
>>14171

Same deal, I was a silly shitposting sausage may I have my Emo priviliages back? post >>/emo/24859
>> ID: ec74d0 No. 14173 Anonymous
2nd May 2017
Tuesday 5:26 pm

ID: ec74d0
14173 spacer
>>14172
Yes but only if you promise to learn to spell privileges.
>> ID: db1008 No. 14174 Anonymous
2nd May 2017
Tuesday 5:32 pm

ID: db1008
14174 spacer
>>14172
Privily Argh-Jess.
>> ID: 80b2bd No. 14175 Anonymous
3rd May 2017
Wednesday 12:14 am

ID: 80b2bd
14175 spacer
Since everyone's begging, can I have access to /emo/ too? I really need to help the stupid balding woman.
>> ID: ba9334 No. 14358 Anonymous
1st December 2017
Friday 4:00 pm

ID: ba9334
14358 spacer
Modlad, why did I get banned for a post from 13th of September? I don't even remember making that post, but in any case, isn't it a bit heavy-handed to give me a 2 week ban for basically nothing? Do you hate Christmas?
>> ID: ec74d0 No. 14359 Anonymous
1st December 2017
Friday 4:25 pm

ID: ec74d0
14359 spacer
>>14358
You seem to be getting around it just fine. Which makes it tricky to tell which ban was you, should someone deign to remove it.
>> ID: 07bf4a No. 14360 Anonymous
1st December 2017
Friday 4:40 pm

ID: 07bf4a
14360 spacer
>>14359
I'm surprised foreign IPs are not ban. I thought we had a great wall and all.

Anyway Scrooge, why is it difficult to tell which one I am? Have you gone a banning spree again? Where's your Christmas spirit?

>You have been banned from posting on all boards for the following reason:

>Naw lad >>/b/412762

>Your ban was placed on December 1, 2017, 3:28 pm, and will expire on December 15, 2017, 3:28 pm.
>> ID: ec74d0 No. 14361 Anonymous
1st December 2017
Friday 4:58 pm

ID: ec74d0
14361 spacer

why.png
143611436114361
>>14360
>why is it difficult to tell which one I am?
Are you blind?
>> ID: d2f0f2 No. 14362 Anonymous
1st December 2017
Friday 5:39 pm

ID: d2f0f2
14362 spacer
>>14358

Paedos are attracted to any talk of legitimising their criminal disorder whether it's a joke or not, we've had a couple of persistant ones in the past. Like nonce moths to a child.
>> ID: 620217 No. 14363 Anonymous
1st December 2017
Friday 7:39 pm

ID: 620217
14363 spacer
>>14362
Not either of them, but I'm curious as to what you think handing out two-week bans for obviously-jokey posts almost three months after the fact is supposed to achieve. I'm all for shutting down anything that's going to attract the crabs as and when it happens, but this seemed a bit like trying to lock the stable door after the farm has long since fallen into the sea.
>> ID: 18220f No. 14364 Anonymous
1st December 2017
Friday 7:46 pm

ID: 18220f
14364 spacer
>>14362

>nonce moths to a child

Alright, Chris!

>>14363

Alright, nonce!
>> ID: da4720 No. 14365 Anonymous
1st December 2017
Friday 8:00 pm

ID: da4720
14365 spacer
>>14362
So... No chance of lifting the ban then?
>> ID: 01d591 No. 14366 Anonymous
1st December 2017
Friday 8:07 pm

ID: 01d591
14366 spacer
>>14362

Mods will be first up against the wall when the peado revolution comes!
>> ID: 01d591 No. 14367 Anonymous
1st December 2017
Friday 8:07 pm

ID: 01d591
14367 spacer
>>14362

Mods will be first up against the wall when the peado revolution comes!
>> ID: ec74d0 No. 14368 Anonymous
1st December 2017
Friday 9:14 pm

ID: ec74d0
14368 spacer
>>14365
I didn't notice the post date when I placed the bans, so I'll take them off. >>14363 makes a fair point.
>> ID: c041d0 No. 14369 Anonymous
2nd December 2017
Saturday 5:49 pm

ID: c041d0
14369 spacer
>>14368

Are you implying there's another mod here?
>> ID: ec74d0 No. 14370 Anonymous
2nd December 2017
Saturday 6:26 pm

ID: ec74d0
14370 spacer
>>14369

What?

Return ] Entire Thread ] First 100 posts ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password